The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Any news of the International version?

I'm not patient at the best of times, but this is so exciting I'm refreshing the page every 30 seconds.
LanceRich
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LanceRich
I heard about this several months ago when Jonathan Levit mentioned it on The Magic Word Podcast. It sounded like it would be perfect for some ideas that I had, and I have been anxiously awaiting it's release. I watched videos of Jonathan performing it, and it is crazy strong.

I bought the app on the night of release and have been playing with it since. It's really really well thought out and executed. And Jonathan has been very helpful to people on the special Facebook group to answer questions and solve issues.

One thing I really love about 'modern magic releases' is the closed Facebook groups that often accompany them. I am in a few, and it really is handy to have a network of people who are using the same prop that you are using and these groups become a think-tank for brainstorming ideas, troubleshooting issues, and sharing in each others success with said prop. For instance, one member closed his show at a casino this weekend and said his response was incredible (including from management). In the case of The Stranger, this group has another use - as many group members are volunteering to play 'the Stranger' for each other.

I know Jonathan has more plans for updates to enhance the app (and subsequently, the trick)but after at least a year in beta testing - the app and the trick are already pretty *** phenomenal.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, Harry Patter wrote:
Any news of the International version?

I'm not patient at the best of times, but this is so exciting I'm refreshing the page every 30 seconds.


I'm planning to have this available later today. Please check back later in the day, and if you have other questions, or don't see it, please feel free to PM me. Thank you!
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, LanceRich wrote:
I heard about this several months ago when Jonathan Levit mentioned it on The Magic Word Podcast. It sounded like it would be perfect for some ideas that I had, and I have been anxiously awaiting it's release. I watched videos of Jonathan performing it, and it is crazy strong.

I bought the app on the night of release and have been playing with it since. It's really really well thought out and executed. And Jonathan has been very helpful to people on the special Facebook group to answer questions and solve issues.

One thing I really love about 'modern magic releases' is the closed Facebook groups that often accompany them. I am in a few, and it really is handy to have a network of people who are using the same prop that you are using and these groups become a think-tank for brainstorming ideas, troubleshooting issues, and sharing in each others success with said prop. For instance, one member closed his show at a casino this weekend and said his response was incredible (including from management). In the case of The Stranger, this group has another use - as many group members are volunteering to play 'the Stranger' for each other.

I know Jonathan has more plans for updates to enhance the app (and subsequently, the trick)but after at least a year in beta testing - the app and the trick are already pretty *** phenomenal.


Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! It's been a labor of love and I am so thrilled to have this out there now. And, the Facebook group has been wonderful! Such great ideas flowing already!
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, jlevit wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, Harry Patter wrote:
Any news of the International version?

I'm not patient at the best of times, but this is so exciting I'm refreshing the page every 30 seconds.


I'm planning to have this available later today. Please check back later in the day, and if you have other questions, or don't see it, please feel free to PM me. Thank you!


Great - now I'm checking every 10 seconds!
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2019, jlevit wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2019, paperinick wrote:
There is also the possibility that the spectator might try to call someone they know. I would prefer that the “stranger” is a phone number you give to them in advance so that the possibility of a code is precluded


This is why I prefer to ask several people to provide numbers to construct a random phone number.

I don’t know. I will toy with the idea...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
magictaffy
View Profile
New user
Cardiff,Wales.UK
93 Posts

Profile of magictaffy
This sounded familiar to something I bought back in 2008 called "Peter Knows", was a very low price and worked every time, brilliant, just cant remember all the details, I think the line is probably closed now, just thought it worth a mention.

Here is a link to the discussions on the Café back in 2008:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109

Did anyone else buy this and use it?
Thanks,

Paul
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10252 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, magictaffy wrote:
This sounded familiar to something I bought back in 2008 called "Peter Knows", was a very low price and worked every time, brilliant, just cant remember all the details, I think the line is probably closed now, just thought it worth a mention.

Here is a link to the discussions on the Café back in 2008:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=109

Did anyone else buy this and use it?
Thanks,

Paul


I’m sure it’s compatible with iOS 13. Smile
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2585 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I got this just based on the respect I have for Jonathan's thinking and it transcended my expectations. It's interesting that so many of the faults people that haven't purchased the effect are bringing up are all covered in the insanely clever psychology at play in the design of the effect. There are so many options and variables you can control that makes it a perfect worker for most any occasion. I can't wait to put it to use!
Ray Pierce
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, Ray Pierce wrote:
I got this just based on the respect I have for Jonathan's thinking and it transcended my expectations. It's interesting that so many of the faults people that haven't purchased the effect are bringing up are all covered in the insanely clever psychology at play in the design of the effect. There are so many options and variables you can control that makes it a perfect worker for most any occasion. I can't wait to put it to use!


Thanks, Ray!
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
292 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
Has anyone who recently purchased this tried it out? And, what are your thoughts on it after a few test runs?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2310 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Needs volume adjustment, I just encountered this issue
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4495 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2019, FredNarlo wrote:
Has anyone who recently purchased this tried it out? And, what are your thoughts on it after a few test runs?

I finally had a go with it last night for about 5 different performances switching between a few pre-recordings, the practice area makes that very easy. It plays very strong, just as you see in the demo. To me it’s a keeper, I will use it everywhere I perform. It’s a no brainer for me.
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
114 Posts

Profile of Melies
Just contacted Jonathan Levit, and he assured me than an ANDROID version is in the works. I have to say, this is truly a brilliant and well thought-out effect. Though I'm also worried about the inevitability of exposure (America's Got Talent, anyone??), there are so many smart subtleties built into the effect that I can see myself incorporating this into my act, even though I generally don't like cell phone effects. (One thought I have: if I do end up using this, I will try to think of a way to introduce the phone earlier in the show, or immediately prior to it, just to "naturalize" the device. Otherwise, I would worry a little about whipping it out for just this one thing--draws too much attention to it, as in, "I Will Now Use My Phone for This Special Thing." As opposed to already having it in play.)

Oh, and one more thing: the idea of harnessing live magicians via Facebook could be a game-changer in so many ways, used for other effects too. Brilliant.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
723 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Are there no limitations on broadcast performances such as TV, YouTube, etc?
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Anybody bought this in the uk yet?
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
Are there no limitations on broadcast performances such as TV, YouTube, etc?


Thanks for the question. Yes, there are limitations for this. It does state in the app that these performances need to be granted permission by Jonathan Levit.
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
Hi JLevit,

Is there a chance the International version will be offered at a discount when it becomes available?

Best,
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2019, Harry Patter wrote:
Hi JLevit,

Is there a chance the International version will be offered at a discount when it becomes available?

Best,


There are some interface and functionality elements the current version that are designed for the U.S. An international version is coming soon, but this version (version 1) will still work outside of the U.S. and many folks have been asking to get it and use it. I just want everyone to have all the information prior to purchasing.

The app is currently available to get from the App Store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-stranger/id1397183489).

If you would like to know more about the differences with this version and future updates that will include International functionality, please PM your email address and I'll send you a document to review.

Please note, the discounted price is only available for another 8 hours. I was racing to make this available prior to that deadline, and I in no way planned to cut it this close. If you are interested in getting this before that time expires, please go for it.

Thank you!

Jonathan
Harry Patter
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
I've taken the plunge!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » The Stranger (iPhone App) by Jonathan Levit (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..21~22~23 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL