The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hook by Eric Ross (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
383 Posts

Profile of Badger
I bought this effect about two years ago when it was sold on Eric‘s website. I went through a lot of changes and spent a lot of extra money upgrading this. I do want to point out some issues with it for one it is not 99.8 percent safe. If we’re talking percentages I would say that it’s about 68% safe. One thing that I would recommend to all of you who use this effect as to get a stainless steel hook. The hook that is provided and various hooks that you would buy for this have lead in them and you can taste it as an aftertaste in your mouth later on. Also plan on cutting your gums with this it will happen. The hook that I replaced I did not bother to file down. I use a stainless steel shark Hook. The string that was provided for my set is different then what is provided today. the new string that is provided makes a huge difference. In a good way. I know a lot of pros who have damaged themselves on this affect in fact if you are friends with any on Facebook and follow them on Instagram they are not shy about posting pictures of the damage that was done. this will take some work to iron out all of the little nuances it took me about a year to get it where I wanted it. If you do decide to perform this effect it is truly a showstopper and it’s something that people talk about for a long time it is definitely one of the best investments I have made in a very long time. But it is not for everybody.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hm. I think it's very safe. I never had any issues. My gums did bleed once but I think because of that happening it actually enhanced the effect and reactions. But before performing I load them a little longer than typical and test them all to make sure they're in the right place. Definitely not for everybody, I agree.
BRMagic
View Profile
New user
NYC
40 Posts

Profile of BRMagic
I would be hesitant with the lead hooks. I'll procure a stainless steel instead. But will definitely performthe effect.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
You would literally have to keep the hook in your mouth while sucking on it continously for a lot longer than the few minutes it's in your mouth during the routine to cause lead to leach from the hook that one would consider lead exposure.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4811 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Feb 16, 2020, RNK wrote:
You would literally have to keep the hook in your mouth while sucking on it continously for a lot longer than the few minutes it's in your mouth during the routine to cause lead to leach from the hook that one would consider lead exposure.


I agree. You would have to be performing this constantly all day, every day.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1597 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Which would be a really amazing feat in itself. Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1494 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, videoman wrote:

Really? A 2 foot long string is getting too close to someone’s mouth?
In your imagination are the germs sliding down the string and jumping onto your hand?
Betcha wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole either. 🤭

This germaphobe thing is getting so bad that future generations aren’t going to want to breathe air that’s already been in someone else’s lungs.


This comment takes on a whole new meaning!
jack_shields
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of jack_shields
Wow this took an interesting turn...
Kind regards
Jack
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
In my opinion, this one is the most practical "roulette" effect for close up or parlour.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2501 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On May 24, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, videoman wrote:

Really? A 2 foot long string is getting too close to someone’s mouth?
In your imagination are the germs sliding down the string and jumping onto your hand?
Betcha wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole either. 🤭

This germaphobe thing is getting so bad that future generations aren’t going to want to breathe air that’s already been in someone else’s lungs.


This comment takes on a whole new meaning!
I have to disagree. Less than a year people will be the same as always.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2084 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, MR Effecto wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, videoman wrote:

Really? A 2 foot long string is getting too close to someone’s mouth?
In your imagination are the germs sliding down the string and jumping onto your hand?
Betcha wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole either. 🤭

This germaphobe thing is getting so bad that future generations aren’t going to want to breathe air that’s already been in someone else’s lungs.


This comment takes on a whole new meaning!
I have to disagree. Less than a year people will be the same as always.



Almost nothing will be the same as always. Particularly mentalism and magic.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1687 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Could add to the tension with getting the spectator to put on a surgical glove if doing parlour?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2020, MR Effecto wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2020, Al Desmond wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2019, videoman wrote:

Really? A 2 foot long string is getting too close to someone’s mouth?
In your imagination are the germs sliding down the string and jumping onto your hand?
Betcha wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole either. 🤭

This germaphobe thing is getting so bad that future generations aren’t going to want to breathe air that’s already been in someone else’s lungs.


This comment takes on a whole new meaning!
I have to disagree. Less than a year people will be the same as always.



Agree Mr. Effecto, things will go back to normal in time. I got my first gig scheduled for July 31st since the shutdown hit, it's a strolling gig. Slowly going back to normal....
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
355 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Lost Art currently has this on sale for $25. https://lostartmagic.com/collections/shop/products/hook
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1687 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
Lost Art currently has this on sale for $25. https://lostartmagic.com/collections/shop/products/hook



Sure I paid £100 🤦🏼‍♂️
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
355 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2020, reignofsound wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2020, trickyat86 wrote:
Lost Art currently has this on sale for $25. https://lostartmagic.com/collections/shop/products/hook



Sure I paid £100 🤦🏼‍♂️


Same here.
victors911
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of victors911
Can someone please, write name of string I need for trick? want to replace original one, and trying to find in my country similar strings.
someone gived on amason link, but this do not works now.
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
355 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2020, victors911 wrote:
Can someone please, write name of string I need for trick? want to replace original one, and trying to find in my country similar strings.
someone gived on amason link, but this do not works now.


The instruction video details the type of string/cord to look for.
victors911
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of victors911
Will check again. Due my english did not hear that😁
o2b2b2
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of o2b2b2
I paid $100 for this, and now it’s selling for $25? They could have at least used Vaseline when they screwed me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hook by Eric Ross (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL