The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hook by Eric Ross (71 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Me too. Surprising price drop for a good effect that was at one point supposed to be a limited release (not that many “limited releases” truly stay limited).
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Im sorry that some of you feel screwed. There were a few reasons why I dropped the price of the product. No1 We have product left and want to move it out. No2 We felt that during this time charging that much woudlnt feel right considering that people in general are struggling which is why we also dropped the price of other products as well. No3 It's not an uncommon practice in business to drop the price for liquidation , clothing and other things all drop for liquidation. We're sorry some of you feel screwed however we felt it was the right thing to do. Hope you all understand.
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Also it was a limited release but we didn't sell out of the product we anticipated selling.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2020, XaviorSpade wrote:
Im sorry that some of you feel screwed. There were a few reasons why I dropped the price of the product. No1 We have product left and want to move it out. No2 We felt that during this time charging that much woudlnt feel right considering that people in general are struggling which is why we also dropped the price of other products as well. No3 It's not an uncommon practice in business to drop the price for liquidation , clothing and other things all drop for liquidation. We're sorry some of you feel screwed however we felt it was the right thing to do. Hope you all understand.

That’s all understandable, but 75% off? That’s a pretty drastic cut.

As you know, everyone now has the option of purchasing most effects, including this one, from the Chinese sellers for pennies on the dollar. And let’s face it, the props are often just as good, and in some cases are made in the same factory that makes the commercial release.

But we don’t do that. And we don’t do that because we appreciate that someone had a great idea and spent time working out the kinks, then offered it for sale. And they should be rewarded for that. So most folks are happy to pay full freight to support creators.

So you’ll understand that it’s a bit of a punch to the gut to people who did the right thing to see it suddenly available at 1/4 the price.

This is a terrific effect, BTW, and I do not regret purchasing it last year. It’s also easily adaptable to social distancing and Zoom shows with a little thought.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
It is a pretty drastic cut I agree but this day in age I don’t think it’s right to try to gouge people either. Let more people get it at a more affordable price and maybe it’ll help them in some way to get back on their feet or have something to play with.
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
124 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
I remember once buying a designer shirt for a few hundred bucks and a few weeks later they liquidated it and it was selling for 30 bucks. It happens and sure it’s a tough pill to swallow but I stand by my decision and reasons.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
Wow! I guess I am cheap since I would never pay a few hundred bucks just for a shirt. But I. The other hand I would pay a few hundred bucks for say a coin trick or coin gaff, lol...
Check out Bafflingbob.com
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
717 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2020, victors911 wrote:
Can someone please, write name of string I need for trick? want to replace original one, and trying to find in my country similar strings.
someone gived on amason link, but this do not works now.

I found some twine at a Michaels, Im sure any fabric store will have plenty of options.

The hemp cord provided was leaving strands in my mouth that was unpleasant lol
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
Me too. Surprising price drop for a good effect that was at one point supposed to be a limited release (not that many “limited releases” truly stay limited).

I think the reason for the dramatic price drop is pretty clear. How many people are going to want to pull something out of another person's mouth during a pandemic?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Just saw the price drop to 25%. 🤯🤬

Let me tell you this I will never support this creator again!
This is how you get treated when you support creators and original products?

The pandemic is not an excuse at all because a lot of us paid the high price.

That’s a real joke!! Thank you Mr. Ross! 🤑💸💰🤬
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2020, XaviorSpade wrote:
I remember once buying a designer shirt for a few hundred bucks and a few weeks later they liquidated it and it was selling for 30 bucks. It happens and sure it’s a tough pill to swallow but I stand by my decision and reasons.

That is ridiculous!

You kick your customers who chose to support you Eric Ross.
Hook is something that was “limited“ and worthy and we spend a lot of money for it.
That’s a value you choose to steal from us customers (in pandemic times).

Guys, If you paid with PayPal not long ago you can check for a claim.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I agree , I paid 100 bucks and to See it now for 25 sucks. I might have to start looking at knockoffs. But still a great effect.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
As we say in Glasgow ‘a right kick in the bawz’
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
It just came to my awareness that LostArtMagic.com alone made the decision to price Hook that low and rob us original supporters.
I thought that Eric Ross was involved in this as well but he wasn’t.

So everything I have wrote already is directed at this immoral company and XaviorSpade.

Milking your customers with a limited 99$ release and now the rest with 25$ is bad business practice.
Your points made above are just bad and ridiculous excuses.
We did not buy ridiculous expensive shirts and have a choice of whom we will support in the future.
You are feeding the copyists with your way of marketing.
I can also see no pandemic altruism in this decision as a lot of us already paid hard earned cash for this!
Cash we also could have needed in these hard times.

I will avoid this company and bad surprises in the future for sure!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
Also it was a limited release but we didn't sell out of the product we anticipated selling.

Yes because you priced it initially too high, no surprise you didn't sell out
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2020, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:

Yes because you priced it initially too high, no surprise you didn't sell out

Have to agree with that. I also wouldn’t buy it now to be honest, for obvious reasons.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I remember an “only a few left so order now before it is gone forever” email because that’s when I ordered. So the “we didn’t sell out” line is a lie. Shame but not surprising
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2020, emyers99 wrote:
I remember an “only a few left so order now before it is gone forever” email because that’s when I ordered. So the “we didn’t sell out” line is a lie. Shame but not surprising

Yes and now it’s distributed through Murphys again with the new price tag.
I don’t believe they are selling small quantities. Lesson learned.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
When I saw this on Murphys sell at $25, I thought it's just a mistyped or only for refill. I just realized it's true. Very big drop for a recent product.
the_man_who_knows
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of the_man_who_knows
How is this surprising? They thought it was be popular, it wasn't. Then the coronas happened. Now they'll never shift them. So are trying to at least recoup their costs.

What would you rather they do? Lose money on the whole project?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hook by Eric Ross (71 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 5.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL