The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hook by Eric Ross (50 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
Then you would have one left with a hook on it.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4097 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, RNK wrote:

Wouldn't that then make the trick fail? As in, if they took hold of all the strings simultaneously and yanked them but somehow the hook is still in your mouth, you're not injured, and when removing the hook there's still a string attached to it?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4808 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

I don't understand this comment.
If they yank all the strings then how do you end up with one left?

The answer to the poster's question is that you simply don't allow them to pull all of the strings at once.
There are ways of making sure they can't if you suspect that they may try to but with a little audience management I don't anticipate this ever being an issue.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2019, videoman wrote:
Quote:

I don't understand this comment.
If they yank all the strings then how do you end up with one left?

The answer to the poster's question is that you simply don't allow them to pull all of the strings at once.
There are ways of making sure they can't if you suspect that they may try to but with a little audience management I don't anticipate this ever being an issue.

Ok, I'm starting to wonder if some of these people even have the trick. If you have the trick you would have understood my comment because there are six strings to start, so if you pull five strings there's one left.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
My response was to Leo's post when he said if you pull all five strings, well since you start with six then obviously there will be one left with a hook on it.
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of indomagic
If at the beginning you could not show only 1 thread attached to the hook and the others are not, than I do not feel any mystery here. Sorry this is my personal opinion.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2964 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I just ordered it looking foward !
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, indomagic wrote:
If at the beginning you could not show only 1 thread attached to the hook and the others are not, than I do not feel any mystery here. Sorry this is my personal opinion.

Understand and I thought the same thing until I actually performed it and experienced the crazy reactions! I can tell you from personal experience in real performances that it does not dampen the effect in any way by not showing one string attached first.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of RNK
Again, just sharing MY experiences. And I have said that maybe it's not others but I am here to share MY experiences. Yes, I added Hook immediately to my set and those who own can attest that it's absolutely possible to do so because of the workings. Funny, how you are actually very defensive in your comments, LOL. Yes, my friends and family would absolutely have told me if they knew or figured out the method, hence the reason I show them first and the reason I decided to include Hook in my performances for the right audiences. Your attempt to discredit what I say is amusing. I think someone else has the ego problem, lol....
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
To my eye it looks just like Morgan Strebler's Razor's Edge just with a hook not a razor blade.

Is the set up the same?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2501 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Doing this on the strip in Vegas . Can’t wait.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2260 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Hey guys I thought of another “sell” for this effect. I have a fissures tongue which is a painless medical condition where I can press my tongue with teeth and slits will appear. Check it out on google images as you may have this ability too. Anyways if you read a previous thread by me I mentioned slugging an airplane tiny bottle of vodka (water) and slapping my face to nonverbally persuade spec that this is the real deal.after having given them instructions. I don’t know that this tongue thing is well known so showing specs that I’ve had a lot of experience with this (then showing fissures) nonverbally implies I’ve had some mistakes, therefore affirming the real danger. I haven’t put this into practice but was inspired by idea when scripting and wanted to share.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1597 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Haha! That sounds really convincing! You might warn them beforehand "Pull one string at a time. Don't pull all the strings, like some people have done, ok?" And then show your tongue, non-verbally explaining why they shouldn't pull all the strings, cause... look what happened then. Would create a lot of extra tension I'd say Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2260 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Great idea Unmasked, I was wondering the timing of the line. Thx
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1597 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Smile
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Harry Patter
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of Harry Patter
What is the size of the hook?
I don't have a big mouth so I'm a bit worried about being able to do this safely or at all.
Trevo91
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Trevo91
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2019, MagicMan1957 wrote:
To my eye it looks just like Morgan Strebler's Razor's Edge just with a hook not a razor blade.

Is the set up the same?

My thoughts exactly, I'd really like to know how this differs from Razor's Edge apart from using a hook.
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of bosami
Is there a FB group for this? I'd like to trade some thoughts and additional ideas I have.
...forever curious
bosami
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of bosami
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2019, Harry Patter wrote:
What is the size of the hook?
I don't have a big mouth so I'm a bit worried about being able to do this safely or at all.

It's about the size of a half dollar. If you look at the promo photos on the Lost Art website - you can get a good idea.
...forever curious
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8F63T6NPAg

Here is a full performance. Nice video
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hook by Eric Ross (50 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL