The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A 2nd coming as a newbie (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VincentC
View Profile
New user
itinerant
20 Posts

Profile of VincentC
Hey all,
Not quite a new new arrival, since I first started reading and posting here about a decade ago...but then spent the last 8 or so years completely dormant from the site, and to be honest, pretty dormant from practicing any magic...though I maintained an active interest in seeing magic wherever and whenever possible, and regularly juggle. I work on board container ships for 4 or 5 months at a stretch, however, and on this latest run have recently busted out the old stack of Barber half dollars, and this time around am going to give card magic a shot as well, and have been getting into Royal Road, both the text and R. Paul Wilson's dvd. I don't hop on the computer here very often, but despite that am looking forward to being a little more active this time around.
-Vincent
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3645 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome back to Magic and the Café VincentC,

Sounds like you'll have time to practice.

Best of luck on the re-boot.

-Mary Mowder
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1065 Posts

Profile of imgic
Welcome back Vincent. I highly recommend Oz Perlman’s “Born to Perform” video available on Penguin, as I returning newbie I was never was into cards, but wanted to. Oz does great job in explaining basic slights and showing you tricks you can use them. It’s really helped me.

Safe travels.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8359 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Vincent! I knew, or know, many of the great cardicians, like Vernon, Elmsley, Marlo, Jay, Racherbaumer, et al, and I have enjoyed their work. Unfortunately, when I attempt the 21 card trick, I get stuck at about 15.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A 2nd coming as a newbie (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL