The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Xeno 2 by Marc Kerstein (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hi all,

Xeno 2 is now out, and is available here:
Xeno 2 on the App Store.

It features Auto Pairing, custom lists, third party notifications and more.

I've also included a gallery in-app where users can submit their own creations for the benefit of the community.
These custom lists will support whatever language you like. If people make custom list versions of the built-in lists, perhaps I'll look to ask those list creators if I can use their localisations for translations for the built-in lists.

Xeno is my app that gives you a peek at what a spectator is looking at from a list on their phone. The spectator never taps or types anything, yet you can peek lots of information on your phone, (or via an earpiece, Apple Watch or other device).

Xeno 2 is a free update for all existing users. In light of this update, I'll be raising the price of Xeno in one week.

Thanks!
Hello! I make magic apps, such as WikiTest, Earworm, Xeno and WebFX.
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Xeno is an excellent app, thank you for another great update!
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
Marc, this is incredible. Your work to consistently support and update your apps is second to none. Thank you.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Sunny Orlando
887 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
I was one of the beta testers, and let me just say that the new auto pair option is probably my favorite. Works like a charm!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
tomd
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of tomd
Amazing, thank you so much Marc. Being pretty dyslexic, the original input was hard for me.. I'm so glad there is an auto-pair now.
stanz
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of stanz
Hi Marc - can the auto pairing be done over Skype, ie. I'm not in the same physical space with the participant?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, stanz wrote:
Hi Marc - can the auto pairing be done over Skype, ie. I'm not in the same physical space with the participant?

Absolutely - the tech doesn't work on proximity, and so you can do it such that you don't need to be near the spectator.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have to say that Marc sets the standard when it comes to app updates that many find difficult to follow.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
649 Posts

Profile of egoli
Purchased yesterday and been putting it through it's paces today - works perfectly - nice pairing with my Apple Watch. Great spectator reactions

Ed
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2201 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I'm interested, but would like a little more information. I assume you have the spec head to a "webpage" to choose from a list. It says customizable lists, so that's another url? Not fishing as much as trying to understand what is meant by "uses a spectator's own phone, and they never tap or type in any information." so the selection on a page that is never interacted with??
Pay it forward
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, magicmind wrote:
I'm interested, but would like a little more information. I assume you have the spec head to a "webpage" to choose from a list. It says customizable lists, so that's another url? Not fishing as much as trying to understand what is meant by "uses a spectator's own phone, and they never tap or type in any information." so the selection on a page that is never interacted with??

Yes they go to a url on their phone, scroll through the list, think of any one of the listings, scroll back to the top, and you’re done.

Madison
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7590 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Can these sites be found via google search, so as not to arouse any suspicion? Ie instead of directing them to a specific site you locate it, instead, on google via a keyword search
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1084 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Just purchased! Is there more detailed instructions on how to use it rather than three quarters of a page that says Method?
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Have to say that Marc sets the standard when it comes to app updates that many find difficult to follow.

I couldn’t agree anymore with this than I already do. There’s levels to this. And Marc is Boss at the end of the game. Its baffling at how knowledgeable Marc is. I own Xeno, ( hell, I own all of Marc’s apps ) the auto pairing is such great method. I told Marc that his name will go down in the digital history books of magic as the best to ever do it. Definitely sets the standard. Which no one has been able to match yet.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Thanks all.

Xeno 2.0.1 is out now as a further free update.
It brings some small bug fixes, but also some new features, including:

- Enhanced custom list editor
- Apple Watch complication
- Extended external device notification support
- Auto Pair black screen option
- QR code list sharing

The user-submitted custom list gallery is proving to be popular, with some great ideas being shared. Lonnie - your one in conjunction with DFB is great!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3153 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Can these sites be found via google search, so as not to arouse any suspicion? Ie instead of directing them to a specific site you locate it, instead, on google via a keyword search

I to would like to know the answer to pegasus’s post .
You certainly can do that with Wiki test , best wishes Gaz 🙂 ps I agree with you Lonnie , Marc is the king of app magic closely followed by Greg
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2155 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
So is this like wikitest? They look at a list on your phone and see their phone. Is there a routine offered or a justification for looking at your own phone?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3153 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
When I do WikiTest they never ever see my phone , everything is done by the spectator on their phone .
My phone is never in play I even hear the word in my discreet tiniest ear piece .
The other way without the ear piece ie with just the phone I lean forward and peek my tilted phone in my top jacket pocket .
Best wishes Gaz 🙂
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Thanks all.

The custom list gallery is becoming quite vibrant, with users submitting custom lists in a variety of different languages.

Waters.
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Marc,

You sir, operate in the highest order. Not only keeping our investments working (read: updated) but seeking to make them better is truly amazing. It is apparently to me you love this art form. Thank you for all you do!
Follow the link...
www.experience-architecture.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Xeno 2 by Marc Kerstein (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL