The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ What is trick Joshua Jay just did on Masters of Illusion? (65 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1163 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, David Numen wrote:
If you find it difficult to assemble that box then I dread to think about any sleights you do.

Exactly, my 10 year old would be able to do what's required.

I knew I would get attacked. I suck at arts and crafts. Iím an amateur. I try and do magic for fun. Guys like you make it not fun.
Thanks.
Yes, I can do some basic slights pretty well.
But glue, tape, cutting, pasting, taping, lining up etc. not so much. I have poor eyesight and major migraines w/ arua and memory loss. I can watch instructional video. And forget what I just watched immediately.

Hopefully your 10 year old doesnít run into guys like you if he or she struggles. I surly will help them if I can. If I donít quit.

Sorry to disappoint you two.

Have a good night
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Everyone is so focused on Josh's matching routine, and of course they are because that was the trailer and how the Trojan Deck was promoted.

But that isn't really what the Trojan Deck is, is it? It's a utility device that allows you to do any number of things. The matching routine is just one example. Perhaps it should have been promoted that way.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5630 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you find it difficult to assemble that box then I dread to think about any sleights you do.

I knew I would get attacked. I suck at arts and crafts. Iím an amateur. I try and do magic for fun. Guys like you make it not fun.
Thanks.
But glue, tape, cutting, pasting, taping, lining up etc. not so much. I have poor eyesight and major migraines w/ arua and memory loss. I can watch instructional video. And forget what I just watched immediately.

Hopefully your 10 year old doesnít run into guys like you if he or she struggles. I surly will help them if I can. If I donít quit.

Have a good night

Sorry mikenewman, I truly didn't mean to attack you. I was having a challenging day and posted hastily. Now that I think about it, I was glueing a Mark Mason gimmicked box and it was just the bottom flaps and I screwed it up. Couldn't undo the flaps to correct them. So $30 down the drain. It happens even on the easiest AnC's.

Again, sorry....

RNK
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I'm getting more comfortable with how my box looks, especially after looking back on Joshua's initial performance and seeing that his box, too, is far from perfect, and it flew by both me and everybody present for the performance. It looks like this is one of those tricks where one is just going to have to be a little bit bold, and not draw attention to the imperfections that, as Joshua suggests, should be "psychologically invisible."

Still, now that it's been acknowledged that putting together a card box, especially with super-sticky industrial adhesive, can be tricky, I do wish that a bit more care had been put into instruction regarding this part. And I definitely hope that at some point in the future, refills of the box will be available at a reasonable price.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland, home of the TAXED
1163 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Have a good night

Sorry mikenewman, I truly didn't mean to attack you. I was having a challenging day and posted hastily. Now that I think about it, I was glueing a Mark Mason gimmicked box and it was just the bottom flaps and I screwed it up. Couldn't undo the flaps to correct them. So $30 down the drain. It happens even on the easiest AnC's.

Again, sorry....

RNK

No worries. Apology accepted. I appreciate it.
Appreciate the personal note as well.
markymarkmagicuk
View Profile
Regular user
UK
128 Posts

Profile of markymarkmagicuk
WoW 12 pages of comments over a week... As I always say, no single commercial trick will ever appeal to everyone on here! Love it or hate it the opinions keep coming. Me personally it's not for me after watching the performance a few times, although from the very 1st view I knew not ALL the cards were matching, just like Will Houston Order & Chaos. Not convinced the box is needed, I've performed many routines where I get a deck shuffled and as I take them back I add a palmed stack to the top.
I agree with Pegasus about not needing to shuffle. I did notice Josh doing a false shuffle at the start. Rather than myself doing a false shuffle badly and someone spotting it, I'd rather just show the cards are mixed!
All said and done, I'm sure this trick is gonna be popular.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5608 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2021, mikenewman wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Have a good night

Again, sorry....

RNK

No worries. Apology accepted. I appreciate it.
Appreciate the personal note as well.

RNK, you made comment that wasnít very considerate and could be hurtful and then apologized for it. Thatís a very honorable and stand up thing to do. I applaud you for it.
We need more of that on the Cafť. Heck, we need more of that in the world.

BTW, I only know MikeNewman thru the Cafť but Iíve always found him to be a super nice person with a positive outlook who is always willing to help others. Heís definitely one of the good guys around here IMO, as are you.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5608 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2021, markymarkmagicuk wrote:
WoW 12 pages of comments over a week... As I always say, no single commercial trick will ever appeal to everyone on here! Love it or hate it the opinions keep coming. Me personally it's not for me after watching the performance a few times, although from the very 1st view I knew not ALL the cards were matching, just like Will Houston Order & Chaos. Not convinced the box is needed, I've performed many routines where I get a deck shuffled and as I take them back I add a palmed stack to the top.
I agree with Pegasus about not needing to shuffle. I did notice Josh doing a false shuffle at the start. Rather than myself doing a false shuffle badly and someone spotting it, I'd rather just show the cards are mixed!
All said and done, I'm sure this trick is gonna be popular.

Actually this thread began over 2 years ago.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
There was less than one page before this week
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9503 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Definitely dodged a bullet with this one. 🤣🤣🤣
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5608 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
There was less than one page before this week

Oh wow, I didnít realize that. I just remember seeing it a couple years ago but donít think I ever even opened it until today.
Ok then, most all of it has been posted very recently. I guess since the recent release of Josh's trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ What is trick Joshua Jay just did on Masters of Illusion? (65 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL