The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Thumb Cuff Escape (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
444 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Good afternoon friends - someone has a DVD Comedy Thumb Cuff Escape by Steve Lancaster. Is there something new there? your opinion? Thanks for any review assistance! Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4238 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Not seen it - sorry no help here.

It seems to me that nearly every time someone comes on here (don't mean this in an inflammatory way)and mentioned thumb cuffs ... the word ... comedy is used.

It seems that everyone wants to perform comedy escapes.

I much prefer my audiences to be scared for me than laughing at the escape part... not that there is no laughing but I want the escape to be more gut-wrenching.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5101 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I want thumb-tie to have mystery. Comedy may be PART of it, but not the point at all.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
713 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
....that's the same way I feel about the Strait-Jacket Escape...

Almost every "magician-comedian" does the Jacket for a big laugh.....so, in the public's mind - just how "tough" can a strait-jacket be to get out of?....if every magician & clown is getting out of one?

The same applies to Thumb-Cuffs....these should be treated as the true regulation police (detective) restraint, that they once were - and saying that they were ultimately "banned" due to their torturous nature...

Lots of dramatic possibilities with slowly squeezing your thumbs out, while grimacing in pain; or by doing a 'pseudo-picking' routine with them.

....but No....Magicians choose to do a comedy "In & Out" with them, because they lack the skills to really do Escapes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Thumb Cuff Escape (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL