The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricky business Ľ Ľ How much effect does the market have on your own image? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Mindpro. I am one of the nicest you would ever want to meet. I go out of my way to try and be nice to everyone. But I can only take so much hitting before I start hitting back ten times harder. I have asked Danny many times to simply ignore my post and I would only have to post once in a thread. But he flat out canít do it. He loves the back and forth and begs for it. This thread is about acting like a professional and I have watched him share his experience in doing the opposite of that. I have nothing to lose; he will be the first to tell you I am not a professional. He will stop with me or I will cause him to have a nervous breakdown, itís his choice. Honestly I donít think he is man enough to just stop and ignore a single post of mine. It is sad. See who the next person that posts here, watch him come running. If he doesn't I will stop.


Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19626 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Thank you Ray.

It seems as if there is only one intentionally disruptive force here any more but he likes to work overtime.

It is just shocking to me why anyone would want to act like this. I mean showing a COMPLETE lack of knowledge on so many levels on so many subjects and continuing ONLY with the intention of being disruptive because some imaginary friend on Facebook said to. And then to come here and flat out tell the story as if somehow that makes it alright. It would be funny if it wasn't just so sad.

I mean the sheer number of posts is staggering devoted to this type of trolling. At least NOW he has come out and admitted it so we see what we already knew.

The frustrating part for me is that if anyone listens to the crazy crap said it will cost them money. LOTS of money and standing and such.

To be so angry that you just can't see past getting even or whatever crazy agenda that is made up in the head is impossible for me to understand. I get that everyone can have an opinion. But that doesn't mean it should be expressed and if it is expressed you should be ready for someone to tell you what they think of it. Otherwise don't post it on a public forum. But to be so consistently WRONG about absolutely everything and still feel some compulsion to have to keep going at it just boggles the mind.

Yes it takes patience, as we have seen in this and a few current threads. It is like talking at the grown up table at Thanksgiving and ONE little kid is jumping up and down and interrupting and screaming look at me look at me I am important too!

But instead of sitting back and LEARNING and reading and asking we get sarcasm, nastiness and just crazy things made up out of whole cloth just to feel relevant. Hopefully it stops soon. Maybe his imaginary friends will tell him to stop derailing threads.

One reason I don't let it go is because I think it is important to not let bad information get out there. Also when this craziness finally stops it will be such a relief, I want to be around to see it! Hopefully he sees it and stops.

There are enough who "get it". Also everyone has a purpose, even if to serve as a bad example. In a lot of ways it can actually help some. I have actually gotten PM's from people saying that the crazy stuff said actually brings up a valid point that they might not have thought of. A pitfall they may have fallen into if it had not been mentioned.

Now mind you I believe that this would come out in the normal course of adult discussion and it is not necessary to have the crazy element to accomplish this. But it is still a positive side effect.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19626 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, TomBoleware wrote:
Mindpro. I am one of the nicest you would ever want to meet. I go out of my way to try and be nice to everyone. But I can only take so much hitting before I start hitting back ten times harder. I have asked Danny many times to simply ignore my post and I would only have to post once in a thread. But he flat out canít do it. He loves the back and forth and begs for it. This thread is about acting like a professional and I have watched him share his experience in doing the opposite of that. I have nothing to lose; he will be the first to tell you I am not a professional. He will stop with me or I will cause him to have a nervous breakdown, itís his choice. Honestly I donít think he is man enough to just stop and ignore a single post of mine. It is sad. See who the next person that posts here, watch him come running. If he doesn't I will stop.


Tom


So you went to Facebook and got together with your imaginary friends and came up with this approach? HILARIOUS. Not "man enough" LOL. Now it is a measuring contest?

No Tom you won't give me a nervous breakdown. You are ruining this section and it is about time the mods got involved I think. Your agenda has been clear from the start, but now you have put it out there. Everyone sees you for the troll you are.

The thing you don't get is you are not doing anything but hurting OTHERS, not me. But you are right about one thing. When I see something so wrong, I just can't HELP but post.

YOU are right also. You have nothing to lose and are not a professional. I am happy to see you admit it. I think you are having delusions of grandeur thinking I will have a breakdown LOL. All you do is make yourself look silly. You have shown you can't stop posting even after many times saying you are going to. It is sad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9422 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, TomBoleware wrote:
Mindpro. I am one of the nicest you would ever want to meet. I go out of my way to try and be nice to everyone. But I can only take so much hitting before I start hitting back ten times harder.
Tom


Tom, I said you were a nice guy (in my last post!) However, you just don't see that it is you that creates this, I'm sorry. Your posts on subjects you know nothing about or that do not pertain to you is just baiting and asking for these types of responses. You're not kidding anybody here. Danny is simply reacting or responding to your posts and often misinformation.

If you weren't an older, nice guy, trust me, this would have been posted to the moderators/management long ago.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I was right, I Rest My Case.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19626 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Another member pointed this out to me. Seems appropriate.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, Mindpro wrote:

Tom, I said you were a nice guy (in my last post!) However, you just don't see that it is you that creates this, I'm sorry. Your posts on subjects you know nothing about or that do not pertain to you is just baiting and asking for these types of responses. You're not kidding anybody here. Danny is simply reacting or responding to your posts and often misinformation.

If you weren't an older, nice guy, trust me, this would have been posted to the moderators/management long ago.



Mindpro,

What misinformation have I given in this thread? What Ďunknowní market that I have no experience in are we really talking about here? Do you really expect me to believe you have direct experience in everything you speak about? I donít and I donít expect you to have it. Related experiences CAN be counted as experience. For example, I fix things around the house all the time by simply using general handyman knowledge. We donít have to be experts to do things or to have a good opinion about the subject.

I canít tell you the number of jobs in different industries Iíve had over my lifetime. I have owned something like 17 different businesses over the past 25 years. I have earned several local business awards. Iíve won a few national sales awards when I was in sales. I made the million dollar club when I worked with Woodmen of the World insurance. Iíve done magic for more than 50 years, several years as a fulltime magician; I was a stage magician as well as a kidshow magician. Iíve helped many young magicians get started in magic. Helped a few professionals with my daycare market book. I could go on and on and I donít say this to brag, not at all, just to simply let you know that I have a wide range of knowledge that may be applied to most any business situation.

So please donít discount everything I say about doing business because you don't agree with me, I just may know a little something you don't. I certainly donít question all your posts and I often do say well said. But there is nothing wrong with disagreeing. I can gladly say I just disagree and move on, if given the chance.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19626 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That total is down from 27 businesses you claimed to own before.

Nobody wants your imaginary resume.

What bad information? A complete lack of understanding of word of mouth for one.

Are we supposed to just pretend you didn't admit to being a huge troll just because someone on Facebook told you to? Nobody is forgetting Tom. You derail threads on purpose. You owe a lot of people an apology.

Make no mistake your information is discounted simply on merit. If you don't line being shown why you are wrong, don't be wrong so much.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2241 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Tom, you do seem like a nice guy but this isn't about our individual personalities but instead about our history and legacy we leave here. The Magic Cafť is such a unique forum. The problem is that it will outlive all of us as a resource tool. If there is a concept, philosophy or lesson submitted on here and not debated or refuted, it will then go on to be accepted as fact for anyone in the future that comes on here to research it. If I post something on here that is my opinion but not an accepted fact in the larger community, I should be called on it so as not to leave that misinformation lingering on here for magicians to discover and later accept as a universal truth. If this was simply an ephemeral chat that would dissipate into the ether, opinions could be dispatched with less concern. Unfortunately there are so many that might lurk on here as a means of education and find it difficult to navigate these threads at times with so many seemingly equal yet conflicting statements. That's the reason there are judges in courts, professors teaching school and moderators in discussions in an attempt to help assign weight to differing opinions based on experience and background. If we were just chatting in a bar, everyone gets equal weight, but in a forum that is a learning amalgam with the desire to help others grow... we have to find a way to separate the wheat from the chaff. Everyone has value and is an important member of this community. When it comes to giving advice that will stay here for an eternity, I have to be more discriminating in who I listen to. I'm very fortunate that I know so many amazing masters in this business and can easily decipher the weight to which I assign advice from varying sources. Others might not be as lucky. I am thankful we have this forum and even more so for the people on here that I have found to be leaders and world class sources of knowledge and advice. They might not always be perfect but I know that their opinions come from years of real world experience and mastery that allows me to accept it with the weight it deserves. I'm sorry if I sidetracked the thread... but sometimes my mind just has to unwind and digest what is happening and verbalizing assists in this process. Just my $.02!
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9422 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, TomBoleware wrote:
Do you really expect me to believe you have direct experience in everything you speak about?
Tom


Absolutely! Do you think I would spend the time on posting at length and in such detail about something I can not speak on first hand from experience and with authority? This is absolutely crazy. This was exactly why I was asked to be here as I was the only one here with legitimate professional industry experience in all 8 main areas of the industry.

It is so far fetched and absurd for me to even imagine you would think I or anyone would post and spend so much time, for so many years on so many different and specific industry topics, on or about something without having extensive knowledge and experience - this is just crazy to me.

And no, none of it is based on my "opinions" but rather professional industry experience.

Just by your above post it is easy to see you really just do not get it. This is exactly what others are talking about on every level. For some reason, you think this is just offering personal opinions here. No, it is offering professional advice and as Danny said, it is also calling out misinformation, incorrect information, poor advice, or opinion being passed off as fact. It's also about offering specific industry advice, answers and information, not decades-old, outdated, general or generic information, not offering conventional surface business advice that was at best surface-level content, and likely ineffective even back then. General information or encouragement of any kind is in no way a substitute for actual experience and specific industry knowledge and experience. That what performers come here for.

As for the rest of your above post, I will be happy to address everything you mentioned if you start another thread (or maybe I will) as not to derail this one any further. Again, there is so much misinformation and misinterpretation in your post, it is astounding. This is really at the root of everything - you do no see, think, or accept in the proper context but in an adapted made-up way of way of your own. You state and refer to things never said or way out of place, then argue to defend this. As said, this helps no one and only derails nearly every single thread and offers extremely confusing information in this forum for others to see for years to come.

As Ray said, this is a place of information and education for most that come here and for those that will utilize this resource in the future.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Hey Ray,

Donít worry about sidetracking the topic, if we stayed on topic here it would be a miracle. LOL

I donít blame you for listening to people you trust, I like to do the same. This would not be a helpful place if we all came here to simply say I agree with whatever is being said. Debating is good; it can bring out the best in us as well as provide good/better answers. Sometimes we even find there are two different solutions to one problem. It shouldnít always be well this is the ONLY way to do it. This place is for proving a good choice of opinions, not necessarily a how to section. And it certainly shouldnít be a place for bullies to come and demand that there is only one way. In some situations I trust the readers to be the judge in what and who they want to believe. Options are good. Different stokes for different folks as they say.

I have absolutely no problem with others disagreeing with my opinion and like I have said many times. I will gladly say I am wrong when it is shown that I am. But what I wonít accept is being told you are wrong simply because I say so now shut up. I donít like being called a liar while my name is being slandered in a belittling way.

Iíll be happy to debate anybody when itís done in a respectable way. I wonít however put up with being bullied in such a childish way. Show me where I am wrong and I will admit it, I have no problem with that. Heck Iím been wrong many times, and I would be a fool to think that I wonít be again.


Thanks Ray


Tom
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Mindpro,

Like many on here I donít even know your name. And you expect me to believe everything you say. Do you really expect me to trust your information based on what you say and without you providing any hard evidence. Why should I do that? For all I know you may be some 12 year old locked up in your bedroom. NO I donít believe that and I have never demanded you provide proof. You know why I havenít done that, because I can read an OPINION and then decide for myself if I want to trust it. Yes everything you say, and even more so with you than others, is just an OPINION. There are no verifiable facts to back up anything you say. It is an OPINION. So please don't give me this we don't allow opioions here.

So are opinions based on verifiable experience, nope not with you, we can believe you or we cannot. Isnít that true?

Same thing with me, others can choose to believe me or not. Can't they? True I may not write long posts like you do explaining my point, but Iím not the bragging type so I just remain a man of few words as they say.Smile

Tom
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
That total is down from 27 businesses you claimed to own before.


Danny, I may have counted a couple of chains as one. I know I owned several Fun Shops that I always count as one. But the count is no big deal. You can believe what you want.
The point is I do have business experience in more than just one area.


Tom
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9422 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Tom, I hope you feel better getting this off of your chest, but once again another great example of wrong and incorrect information.

I do not post opinions, you are once again wrong (here's another example you asked for), I post knowledge from experience. If you can not understand that based on years of my posts and contributions you do have a comprehension problem. Again, more misinformation (based only on your opinion) being perpetuated by you.

People have nicely and delicately tried to explain your problem and all you do is deflect everything, twist it entirely out of context, and have the gall to call the very people trying to delicately explain this to you, bullies. It is an insult to us and all of the people trying to help you to understand.

Also, we are NOT here to debate, we are here to assist, help, and learn. I do think you think this is an area for debate. No, there are other forums for that, this is definitely a forum for education, information, experience, and facts.

No one needs to verify anything to you, as your lack of knowledge and experience speaks for itself. The rest is a you-problem, if you don't understand Danny's wildly successful career headlining shows in two countries simultaneously and probably earning more money than most here will earn in a lifetime, and my extensive career in many aspects of the entertainment business, this is a you-problem. It is also the root for all of your incorrect views and perceptions. It only goes worse form there. (Btw, if you are only are willing to learn from those you know, you are greatly limiting yourself and you are terribly missing out on so much, which also may explain a lot.)

As Danny says, please stop your insatiable desire to be seen and heard and these attempts to be taken seriously that only seem to discredit you even more.

Let the others that have knowledge and experience speak and share. Learn to be a spectator if the topic and specific information being discussed is something in which you have no direct or current experience. Years-old general businesses information is not the same and what is being sought here.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
You right, in your mind it is not an opinion, in mine and all those that donít know you it is.


So let me just sit over here and watch.


Got it.

Have a good weekend.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19626 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My lord what is the over/under on his next post?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Actually, when I think about it, I rarely suggest anything here, Iím to busy beating mindpro and Danny off my back.
Thatís the wrong information that they speak about, and causes so much distraction.

Notice they never say exactly what I actually said. Itís if I say it, it is wrong. Even when I agree it is wrong
because I have no experience in all the unspoken stuff. Funny in a way.


Anyway and I promise to stop. Chris I'm sorry for my part in the big distrction here.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19626 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2019, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
That total is down from 27 businesses you claimed to own before.


Danny, I may have counted a couple of chains as one. I know I owned several Fun Shops that I always count as one. But the count is no big deal. You can believe what you want.
The point is I do have business experience in more than just one area.


Tom


And nobody cares about it Tom.

See this is not about you. As HARD as it is for you to imagine. It is about the people asking questions.

You're hurting them by intentionally trolling and derailing threads to sit back and make yourself feel better about life. Why not have your imaginary friend come here and admit he told you to derail this so nobody can talk? More posts here are trying to get you to be am adult than learning. People try to be reasonable but you just won't it happen.

You NEVER A ADMIT you're wrong. I showed you about word of mouth and you deflect and mis represent what I say and make things up in a DESPERATE attempt to cover top being absolutely wrong. This is the problem. So much is not opinion but fact.

Tom people are not going to take toy seriously because you owned a store that is no longer in operation. As of the past few decades your information is nothing but guru apeak rah rah nonsense.

Now Ray has tried to get you to stop nicely. Please do not continue the Wimp Lo routine. Yes it is funny but it really is hurting. And again you need to apologize to EVERYONE for trolling. You have intentionally derailed this thread and many others. You finally admitted it out of anger so now you need to step up and apologize.

Not your half hearted nonsense like above. You intentionally did this so be a man and admit that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9422 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Stop! Tom, Stop now for your own good. You are making yourself look worse and desperate to be heard and taken seriously.

This is about to turn ugly so please stop.

As I said, if you want to start your own thread please, you are welcome do so and let this one get back on track. We are all waiting for the OP to return and get his response on the detailed information offered on this topic. Obviously, the derailment has discouraged him from returning to his own topic. Just stop and let the professionals and interested performers continue this discussion.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2592 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Danny, I have to respond because I clearly said word of mouth is good and it is the cheapest advertizing you can get. I also agreed with you that it can also work against you.
But I guess you didnít see it because you were too busy telling everyone how old, inexperience and outdated I am.

Oh well. I guess we all see what we want to see,

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Tricky business Ľ Ľ How much effect does the market have on your own image? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL