The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What are Nick Trost's best self-working tricks? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1249 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
I love the cleverness and subtlety of Nick Trost's card magic. Has he produced any self-workers, and if so, what would be considered his very best?

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6078 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Has he?

For real?
Nick Trost could be the self working king!

With all due respect, how do you claim to admire his subtlety and cleverness and not know if he has published any self workers?
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1249 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
My experience with Trost has mainly been with his clever packet tricks, especially his marketed effects with custom gaffs, like "The Unknown Card" [performance clip] and "Bigfoot" [performance clip]. These obviously can't be performed with a regular deck, and do require some small sleights.

I also love his brilliant packet trick "8 Card Brainwave" [performance clip], which isn't quite self-working either (due to the fl*****ation c***t).

So I've had enough experience with his work to know that he can accomplish a lot with psychology and cleverness, and very little in the way of sleights; I've also read enough commentary about his style from others to know that. But I wouldn't be able to name self-working tricks he's created, and I'm interested to find out what would be his best ones in his books.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6078 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Fair enough. Here's an interesting plot of his.
https://youtu.be/T4PLltYdw_E
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of KokoB
This is a hard question he is by far my favorite packet trick & self working king. Get his books & ask this question again I promise you will be lost like I am on what is his best.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1007 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Endersgame,

I reiterate my recommendations to you: Technicolour Change, his 18 card poker deal, Automatic Speller (which unfortunately doesn't work in Italian) are all great tricks from "The Card Magic of Nick Trost" book.

Mark
The Darkness
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
7 Posts

Profile of The Darkness
Double Discovery from <i>The Card Magic of Nick Trost</i>

It's a strong self-working card trick but doing a couple of false shuffles and cuts would make this stronger.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I love his "Lie Detector" effect. Totally selfworking. But all his stuff is good.
Allen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What are Nick Trost's best self-working tricks? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL