The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What is your favourite self-working trick from John Bannon? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1231 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Requirements: no sleights and no gaffs, and must be able to be performed with cards from a regular deck.

Bannon's Triumph (= Play It Straight Triumph) is an obvious candidate. Which other self-working card tricks would you consider to be John Bannon's very best?

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5989 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Can't tell.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1004 Posts

Profile of mlippo
My current favourite is Prophet Motive III

Mark
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1231 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
One of my personal favourites is Collusion, which Bannon teaches on his Move Zero (Vol 1) DVD from Big Blind Media.

The effect involves two spectators, who each secretly select a number between from 1-20, deal that many cards and then mark that place in the deck with a Joker. The two cards adjacent to the Jokers are revealed to create a third card (one selected card represents value, the other represents suit). When the spectators reveal the numbers they've secretly chosen and add them together, amazingly at that place in the deck is the very card created by the two other cards!

Here's a performance clip:

The method uses a principle from the classic Gemini Twins by Karl Fulves, and takes it to another level by "creating" a third card.

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
599 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Duplicity: a no-gaff Twisted Sisters.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
B�cancour
210 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
AK-47
Do your best and forget the rest
darkfonix
View Profile
New user
Madrid
1 Post

Profile of darkfonix
Although I'm a really fan of Twisted Sisters, if you don't want gaff cards, I recommend Duplicity.
dirtyrussian
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of dirtyrussian
"Power of Poker" has been a great one for me.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1231 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2019, darkfonix wrote:
Although I'm a really fan of Twisted Sisters, if you don't want gaff cards, I recommend Duplicity.

This isn't self-working though is it?

ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
599 Posts

Profile of ejohn
No physical sleights are needed for either Twisted Sisters or Duplicity. An EC at the beginning is not required.
KingOfDiamonds
View Profile
Elite user
Paris
424 Posts

Profile of KingOfDiamonds
Leverage from his MOVE ZERO series..
FREE e-book OVER MAX: https://www.lybrary.com/over-max-p-923221.html?affid=3322 My version of Maven/Goldstein's "Double Overcut". No full-deck setup. Basically impromptu.

Other best-sellers e-books available at: http://www.lybrary.com/rapha%C3%83%C2%ABl-czaja-m-534.html?affid=3322

My Best Card Magic 2008-2016 (PDF) EXCLUSIVELY available here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10111
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I love collusion it gets great reactions.
tbsmith918
View Profile
New user
Virginia Beach, Virginia
29 Posts

Profile of tbsmith918
Degrees Of Freedom from Dear Mister Fantasy. It's one of those effects that amazes the heck out of you the first time you do it.
Tom
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
428 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2019, tbsmith918 wrote:
Degrees Of Freedom from Dear Mister Fantasy. It's one of those effects that amazes the heck out of you the first time you do it.

And many times thereafter! Bannon says in the book that he's giving you a "toy" as well as a card trick, since you'll want to do it over and over, each time amazed again that it works.
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
Dear Mr. Fantasy might well be my favorite card magic book of all time. I can't ignore the fact I keep coming back to it over and over again.

DoF is a winner that's for sure. Do you guys feel you prefer that over its leaner counterpart Origami Poker?

Not sure if it counts as a self worker (I think it does) but Dead Reckoning is a wonderful effect.
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
428 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2019, rosstrainer08 wrote:
Not sure if it counts as a self worker (I think it does) but Dead Reckoning is a wonderful effect.

Dead Reckoning is on one of the Move Zero disks, I think -- so I guess it qualifies as self-working in Bannon's eyes.
ryanshaw9572
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of ryanshaw9572
Enigma is a good one as well. I think that’s a name. It’s the one where the two spectators find the Aces.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5989 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Prophet Motive
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What is your favourite self-working trick from John Bannon? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL