The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Vernon Wand Spin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
David Harkey has a very nice spin, he spins bottles and heavy stuff with it. You can find it in his book Simply Harkey. I saw him do the spin at a lecture in sweden august 1994. Very impressive.
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Gazzo has also a VERY nice spin ...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you get the Stevens Magic Cups and Balls Teach-in video, you will have another version of the wand spin -- this it the version that Mike Rogers does. The move is practically the same, but his timing is just a little bit different. He starts the spin farther away from the hand holding the ball. He also has an excellent explanation of how the move works.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Bish... your Cd with Silent Mora (who I believe taught Vernon) doing the wand spin is priceless.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Once you learn the spin, be very careful when practicing it. I finally have it ready for performance, but I almost broke a knuckle on my left hand from all the times I hit myself with the wand. I'm pretty sure [at least I hope] I'm not the only one in this boat.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Pete that was a video I sent you not a CD or a DVD. As I mentioned I don't do the move. But it was very interesting footage...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-06-07 23:44, BerkleyJL wrote:
Once you learn the spin, be very careful when practicing it. I finally have it ready for performance, but I almost broke a knuckle on my left hand from all the times I hit myself with the wand. I'm pretty sure [at least I hope] I'm not the only one in this boat.

This may be why Mike did the wand spin the way he did. Jim Riser told me about a young man he knew who chipped a tooth practicing the spin.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
I learned it from the Vernon Book thirty years ago - there were no videos then...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Let's remember that there are two things going on with this vanish. First is the Silent Mora Drop vanish. Silent Mora did it holding a fan. I saw Harold Taylor vanish an egg with his bare hands using the drop vanish and it was unbelievable. Not a bit of a flash. He appeared to wave one hand around the other and snap his fingers, and the egg was gone. He did this over and over for me at my old home in Ann Arbor when he was on tour and I was lucky enough to have him as a house guest.

You must first understand and learn the timing of the drop vanish. Then, you can try to add the Vernon addition... holding a wand in the "empty" hand, and spinning it around the other hand while doing the drop.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Vanishing a billiard balls will get gasps. Other than that, no one cares how you spin it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Vernon Wand Spin (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL