The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Jinxed 2 contents list (as requested) (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1294 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Jinxed 2 contents list.

This project is a labour of love for me and will hopefully change the way you look at Annemannís material.

Iím a huge Annemann fan and I am so happy with this project.

I hope you love this guys!

ď Pre-quivoque Ē

This is my take on equivoque, the participant chooses the perspective (so no ambiguity on left or right) whatever they choose is what is used in this experiment and completely solves the whole ambiguous nature of equivocal choreography.

- There are 3 routines shared under this subject heading. One using playing cards (to teach the subject). One is a living and dead test and the third a psychometry routine.

ď Essay Ē

In this essay I share two simple effects that prove the philosophy of the essay -

The first is an impossible location routine.

50 match boxes are laid on a table inside an enclosed room. The performer and a group of participants stand outside the room and a series of matches are given to a participant who puts them into any matchbox (killing the use of a marked box). The boxes are mixed and the participant returns, then a second participant goes in quietly mixing the boxes (this process can be repeated until the group are happy none of them including the performer know the location of the matches).

The performer walks in and in turn asks each participant to focus on what boxes they moved. The performer picks up just one box and is always correct!

The second is more childish in nature but really demonstrates how easy it is to change a participants beliefs. You convince them they have felt the touch of a spirit in an empty room. (There are two variations of this effect).

ď SOS Ē

This is a number force/ divination system, this system allows you to force more or less any 2 digit number you require to add to a range of routines. Under this subject heading I share a number divination effect and a very clean Any Card At Any Number (great for table hopping).

ď Any picture at any number Ē

A remote viewing experiment

A participant is introduced to a stack of random drawings - the stack is turned facedown. The participant is asked to think of a random drawing (not focusing on any one they specifically saw inside the stack). They are asked to hover their hands over the cards and first feel whether they believe the drawing they are thinking of is inside the stack.

They are then to deal to any number they desire and stop when they feel they have hit their drawing.

Boom! You guessed the rest.

ď Think of anything Ē

The participant is given a piece of card and is asked to leave the room (which is not a necessity) and think of something and write it down.

The participant comes back and confirms that they could have chosen literally anything in the world, without ever touching the piece of card (no switches or peeks) and the performer is able to reveal the information!

ď 1089 Ē

Everyone knows this force, including laymen but Iíve created a clever simple way to re-use these type of forces (Grey elephants, or any simple number force) making them fresh, brand new and more impossible than ever. When you see this you will laugh at how simple yet clever this is and will make you re-look at this whole area of Mentalism in a fresh light.

ď Think of two ď

A borrowed deck of cards can be used (not that anyone carries them) they are shuffled by the participant, the deck is spread, two cards are thought of by the participant and they re-shuffle the deck.

The performer lets the audience attempt to guess the more obvious of the two cards. After proving how difficult it is the performer then nails the second one!

This can be done 1 on 1 and a deck of cards donít need to be used for this! Flash cards can be used meaning you can finish with a drawing duplication. Clean, fooling and impossible to back track.

ď Essay Ē

Two effects that will destroy hecklers - one by myself and one by Michael Murray!

One is a name divination and the other a pin code divination no props (other than something to write your impressions on) which are 110% fail safe!

ď Instant mind power Ē

Take a borrowed deck of cards and turn it into a mind power deck (without having to gaff it!) meaning you can instantly divine several cards with ease.

ď Clean up Ē

A routine that enables you to dupe a table full of drawings with no fishing!

Thereís a couple of other routines also, packed full of subtleties and a surprise feature on here that is I feel is so out there that no one will have seen it coming!

The pre-order for this is open and is looking like the edit will be finished in 4 weeks.

Available here -

https://the13souls.com/shop/creators/pet......-turner/

Pete
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Pete, you really have exceptional creative power. I am genuinely amazed at your ability to take older, existing ideas, modernize and re-invent them. The amount of new content you have generated in the last several years is staggering.

I suspect you are the kind of person who will never run out of ideas...keep it up!!!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1294 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, Stunninger wrote:
Pete, you really have exceptional creative power. I am genuinely amazed at your ability to take older, existing ideas, modernize and re-invent them. The amount of new content you have generated in the last several years is staggering.

I suspect you are the kind of person who will never run out of ideas...keep it up!!!

Thank you Smile 😍 x
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1561 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Can the prequivoque be applied to force cards mentally (eg no real cards are used...they keep number cards, get rid of picture cards etc) ???

Or is it only possible when narrowing physical cards down to 1 card??

Thanks
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1294 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, SleepyMagic wrote:
Can the prequivoque be applied to force cards mentally (eg no real cards are used...they keep number cards, get rid of picture cards etc) ???

Or is it only possible when narrowing physical cards down to 1 card??

Thanks

Itís really difficult to answer that - Youíd understand why if I showed you it lol 😂 First time Iíve ever not been able to answer ha!

Pete x
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of aheller5
Hey guys I was always a fan of peter turner's stuff and I finally got to meet him at blackpook this year coming all the way from NY...he was nice enough to do a couple ofroutines on me and my buddy and blew us away!!!! He is a true gentleman and I have great respect for him..he is one of the best performers out there and nicest human beings..I am so excited for this new dvd jinxed 2 whenever it comes out. I have jinxed dvd and all I can say is WOW so the 2nd one should be even better!!!!!

Thanks
Adam Heller
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3811 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2019, aheller5 wrote:
Hey guys I was always a fan of peter turner's stuff and I finally got to meet him at blackpook this year coming all the way from NY...he was nice enough to do a couple ofroutines on me and my buddy and blew us away!!!! He is a true gentleman and I have great respect for him..he is one of the best performers out there and nicest human beings..I am so excited for this new dvd jinxed 2 whenever it comes out. I have jinxed dvd and all I can say is WOW so the 2nd one should be even better!!!!!

Thanks
Adam Heller

The first Jinxed was an excellent release. It feels like to me that many people skipped out on it likely because they were expecting something like Bigger Fish or Devil in Disguise but instead received methods and routines which were very traditional in methodology and plot. Now, there was actually some very good propless material presented on Jinxed (much of it having to do with essentially being able to force practically anything) and some other concepts which Peter uses very regularly (the wash principle, etc.) as well. Those tended to be tangents though and he packs a lot of information into a short amount of time he is going off on a tangent so it is of incredible benefit to rewatch the project a few times to grasp it all which I think also led to people having shrugged after watching it the first time as they likely did not both to go back to rewatch it again.

I'm very excited for Jinxed 2 since the original Jinxed was such a phenomenal project.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3273 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Any info on how the release is going, according to the original time line the envelopes were posted out last week and the content available in a weeks time. Anyone receive theirs yet?
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Nothing here yet (no envelope or anything, and am in the U.K. so will be among the first to receive since thatís where they are based) and ordered approx a couple weeks back.

Sure itíll be worth the wait though, PT has never has never let me down yet... in fact quite the opposite.
Consultthemind1
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Consultthemind1
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2019, Johnsypoppins wrote:
Nothing here yet (no envelope or anything, and am in the U.K. so will be among the first to receive since thatís where they are based) and ordered approx a couple weeks back.

Sure itíll be worth the wait though, PT has never has never let me down yet... in fact quite the opposite.

Iím also waiting in the U.K. and will post an update as soon as I receive this.

David.
Consultthemind1
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

I contacted Turner this morning, he sent me an overview of how far into the edit his team was and that they had added extra content and thatís why they are taking their time getting this out but itís close to completion. I would usually be coming here to complain but I got an email with a sneak peek of one scene from the project and its giving me high hopes. I do however think Turner should come here and update those waiting so I donít have to.

David.
Johnsypoppins
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Johnsypoppins
Good to hear, hopefully it will be available before too long then... have contacted to cancel and be refunded myself, am done with pre-orders, but still looking forward to it and will order once itís actually ready proper (can do something with the cash instead of having nothing to show for it at the mo).

What did you get a sneak peak at?
Consultthemind1
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Quote:
On Jul 22, 2019, Johnsypoppins wrote:
Good to hear, hopefully it will be available before too long then... have contacted to cancel and be refunded myself, am done with pre-orders, but still looking forward to it and will order once itís actually ready proper (can do something with the cash instead of having nothing to show for it at the mo).

What did you get a sneak peak at?

I received a photo of the printed invitations (so I know theyíre done) but not yet posted out. The reason for pre-order on this occasion is special to the buyer and not just an early cash grab (there is an actual purpose for it) I think this sentiment whilst time consuming for the 13, is a really personal touch for the buyer. I donít however know if Turner wanted me to say what heís got in store and let the cat out of the bag early. So unless he comes on here I canít say. I saw a video sequence where Turner interviews Annemann (I didnít see the whole interview) - What I did see is well shot and I look forward to seeing the rest. I also saw a really clean version of the Berglas effect done with drawings instead of cards. Iím hoping itís not pre-show as the performance was promising.

Hurry up and get here so I can review it.

David.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1294 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hey guys,

Quick one as Iím editing. David, as I said in the email thereís no preshow on this project. What you see is what you get, I love that effect.

The last batch of the invitations are still with the printers, the bulk are with me but they needed to order more gold sheet. Each invitation Iím having to painstakingly write on and when the purchasers of the preorder receive their project Iím hoping they love them.

There is also a bonus routine only available for the preorder customers. It will be omitted for customers post preorder purchase as well as the actual reason for preorder which we canít run for customers post preorder. You will understand why when you receive it.

Johnsypoppins, Iíve messaged Tom and heís dealing with the refund request. If anyone wants to get in on the preorder

https://the13souls.com/shop/creators/pet......-turner/

Pete x
Consultthemind1
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Hello Pete. Can you please get back to my email? I understand you are busy, it will take but a moment to confirm or deny my request. Has anyone else seen or heard from Turner in a few days?

David
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2967 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Over the years I haven't always agreed with Peter on his approach to certain things, but when he is good he is brilliant. And I really respect him for introducing a whole new generation of young mentalists to the classic techniques of Annemann. Looking forward to this.
The_March_Hare
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of The_March_Hare
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2019, Consultthemind1 wrote:
Hello Pete. Can you please get back to my email? I understand you are busy, it will take but a moment to confirm or deny my request. Has anyone else seen or heard from Turner in a few days?

David

It will only take a moment for you and 50,000 moments for the 50,000 other people.

Pete will get back to you in his timing... just be easy.
Doric
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Doric
Any update on when pre-orders will be sent?
Doric
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Doric
No?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3811 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, Doric wrote:
Any update on when pre-orders will be sent?

No idea. Peter was obviously at Magic Live this week though, so he's probably just gotten back to the UK. I only know this because he posted pics of him at Copperfield's private jet hangar. LoL.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Jinxed 2 contents list (as requested) (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL