The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » First steps on the Royal Road (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JR McCormick
View Profile

Belfast
0 Posts

Profile of JR McCormick
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, The_Mediocre_Gatsby wrote:
If you’re interested in doing social magic instead of professional magic, I recommend theJerx.com. Andy thinks about magic from an audience centered perspective and his work has transformed my relationship with magic and made me enjoy it much more

Oh that's brilliant! Thanks so much for this. I'll check it out tonight.
lizzard_king
View Profile
New user
Victoria Australia
13 Posts

Profile of lizzard_king
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2019, JR McCormick wrote:
Hi Magic Café,

What an absolute joy it has been to take the first steps on Jean Hugard (& Frederick Braues) Royal Road to Card Magic.

I have always been so delighted by card magic. The charm of even the smallest and quaintest any sleight of hand brings me absolute pleasure which I was convinced would be tarnished if I ever took the steps to learning how any of it was done.

How wrong I was, and how happy I am.

I am 30 years old and decided to pick up my first card trick book (the aforementioned) about 3 to 4 weeks ago. My job allows me a lot of free time with my hands, and suffice it to say - that time has been put to use doing one thing and one thing only. Abusing card decks.

I wanted to ask the advice of any veteran card magicians with regards to other written sources. I think the Royal Road is written so beautifully - though dated at times. I have got The Expert at the Card Table on the way and would particularly like to get my hands on a good set of encyclopaedias (on card magic).

Any and all advice is appreciated. What a pleasure it is to find this forum!

On another note - I performed a few sleights at my local pub last week and it was the most fun I have had in a long time.

Highlight of the night was Chicago Opener / Red Hot Mama with the reveal taking place in two of the spectators hands pressed together.

Hi there JR McCormick and welcome I have been learning for a while now but I have made new commitment to preforming I admire and congratulate you on preforming at the local pub and would ask how did you manage the courage to just do it? My experience has been showing card tricks and coin slights to family and wife lol I am working on not being so introverted. I have read through expert at the card table a few times and for me I need to pick up the videos there are many things that I just can't comprehend. I wish you well with it though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » First steps on the Royal Road (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL