The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Sinking City (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Not sure if any of my fellow spookies are gamers, but I recently started playing this role playing game, and am totally into it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEy2rUEC1gM

It's actually a detective game, very dark, but not necessarily violent, and not a shooting game. It's putting together pieces of an immense mystery to save yourself from your own uncontrollable journey into insanity.

The graphics are wonderfully dark, and the entire theme of the game is H. P. Lovecraft based. Highly recommended.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4124 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Looks promising. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint like the recent "Call of Cthulhu" video game did. :-(
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Agreed.
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
678 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
Looks promising, how long have you been playing?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Sporadically over the past 2 weeks or so.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3211 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Looks like a great game.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I'm a gamer. I'll not bother adding another thread above for this. But I really dig VR.
This Oculus Quest wireless headset is a great...a seriously great toy. Like a dark mage you trace the dimensions of your room / playing area and a visible grid appears that will contain your activity. The grid disappears in-game but if you accidentally pass through it... it makes itself known and shows you the real world chair you are about to bump into. Anyhow...this comfy wireless headset lets you move around in this bizarre dark environment and it is *** impressive. Exorcist Legion VR https://youtu.be/K6tlmNHvBU4
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3211 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2019, Eddie Garland wrote:
I'm a gamer. I'll not bother adding another thread above for this. But I really dig VR.
This Oculus Quest wireless headset is a great...a seriously great toy. Like a dark mage you trace the dimensions of your room / playing area and a visible grid appears that will contain your activity. The grid disappears in-game but if you accidentally pass through it... it makes itself known and shows you the real world chair you are about to bump into. Anyhow...this comfy wireless headset lets you move around in this bizarre dark environment and it is *** impressive. Exorcist Legion VR https://youtu.be/K6tlmNHvBU4

Was shocked at the price of the headset being almost $500 for the best model but was equally shocked that the game was only $25, a low price for a game. Thanks for sharing this.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
Really? He only has......
763 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
Big ol' gamer here. I've been wanting to....wait for it....DIVE into The Sinking City. It looks great!
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Josepher
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
68 Posts

Profile of Josepher
Looks very cool.... in a dark way.
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
If you like cities that have sunk and heavy story telling you should check out Sunless Seas. It's a top down rouge like exploration game. It's a gas-lamp fantasy version of London that fell underground and you play a boat captain chasing stories.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of Julie
'Just saw a real world news feature = Mexico City is actually sinking!

J
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That does look cool MadOhatter, but I'm more of a first person game player. Speaking of underwater cities, have you played Bioshock? That along with The Last of Us, are the best scripted games I've ever played regarding plot, characterz, and story line. I'm sure there are hundreds more, but those are standouts for me.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Haven't bought the Sinking City yet as I will probably wait for it to go on sale.

Another one I'm super excited for is the new Dark Picture Anthology series by Supermassive Games which will be a series of cinematic branching horror games where your choices will dictate the outcome. Same talented team who created Until Dawn and the The Inpatient which are both great as well.

First in this new series will be Man Of Medan and is set to release on the 30th of this month.

More info can be found here if you care to check it out.

https://www.thedarkpictures.com/
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5138 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2019, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Haven't bought the Sinking City yet as I will probably wait for it to go on sale.

Another one I'm super excited for is the new Dark Picture Anthology series by Supermassive Games which will be a series of cinematic branching horror games where your choices will dictate the outcome. Same talented team who created Until Dawn and the The Inpatient which are both great as well.

First in this new series will be Man Of Medan and is set to release on the 30th of this month.

More info can be found here if you care to check it out.

https://www.thedarkpictures.com/

That looks amazing and totally up my alley. Thanks for the share!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Sinking City (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL