The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Camps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris C.
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Chris C.
I wasn't sure where this topic should go, so I'll post it here. I am considering going to Tannen's magic camp and I was wondering if any of you have gone there. Is it good for beginners? I just would like to know if there is any serious pranking problems, kids picking on others, or anything else like that. Also, is the camp very helpful and are there a variety of workshops and lectures? I'd be grateful for any information I can get about the camp. Thanks!!
erniep33
View Profile
New user
Marysville, WA
72 Posts

Profile of erniep33
I've never heard about it but I'm interested. Can you post a link to this camp and any other information you know about it. Thanks in advance.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I've heard of it. It's supposed to be very good but I don't know much more then that.
Metalepsis
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Metalepsis
I am looking for an adult intermediate school/lesson for myself and a friend. Scotland or Northern England. We both do a few advanced card tricks, but would like to learn some simple coin tricks and/or impromptu stuff. Ultimately I am looking into inventing tricks, so an experienced teacher is the first start.

M
Chris C.
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Chris C.
Sorry for taking so long. I forgot I posted this. It is a tannens camp, so you can get information on
http://www.tannens.com
Chimp
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Chimp
Chris, please post a review after you've gone.
Chris C.
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Chris C.
I'm unable to go this year, but if anyone I know goes I'll ask them to post a review.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I wonder if there are any magic camps in California
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Does anybody know any magic camp in Japan? I'll be moving there soon.
Dante
View Profile
New user
NYC / Los Angeles
14 Posts

Profile of Dante
I went to Tannens Magic Camp for 8 years. Its an amazing experience. Many of the people I went with are headlining shows and working pros. Its VERY magic intensive. Of course, things may have changed in the last few years. Check it out. Its a great investment.

~~Dante~~
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
This is going to be my 3rd year going. I wish I found out about it sooner. Its the most fun you can have in 1 weeks, and unbelieveable expirence. over 100 kids/adults all into magic. cards always out, tricks being shown, learning new tricks and slights . its just amazing. if you can go.
pedrothegreat
View Profile
New user
Southampton - UK
50 Posts

Profile of pedrothegreat
Sounds great, however don't think I can make the trip to the US. Anyone know of any in the UK?

pedrothegreat
pedrothegreat

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public

don't have a magic website but i have a cool car styling website at www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
I went for 3 years, and although it is very expensive the camp is great.

There is another magic camp in California but I forgot what its called.

If you can go to Tannens camp, GO!!.
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
This is another vote for UK; come guys, 1 or 2 people willing to give up their week off from the chatshows to show us intermediates a thing or two?
KidMagic87
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of KidMagic87
I'll be going for my third time as well this summer. You don't have to worry about hazing whatsoever. I personally never learn many tricks, but each year camp sparks my interest in new sleights and areas of card magic. I don't think the camp is so much about learning tricks; it's simply about being around 100+ people who share the same passion as you.

It's a very cool thing.
Amazinjess
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Amazinjess
TANNENS IS AWESOME, REALLY! I recently just went and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Although its a bit costly its great and you learn a lot! I am going to Socerers Safari in Canada for my first year. Anybody hear of that? How is it??
Amazinjess
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Amazinjess
TANNENS IS AWESOME, REALLY! I recently just went and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Although its a bit costly its great and you learn a lot! I am going to Socerers Safari in Canada for my first year. Anybody hear of that? How is it??
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2004-07-29 01:14, dynamiteassasin wrote:
Does anybody know any magic camp in Japan? I'll be moving there soon.

Have you pm our Café Inner Circle Hideo Kato? He lives in Japan.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
138 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
I went to Tannens Magic Camp when I was 16 in 1984 and had a blast! I am sure it was 1/2 the cost than it is now, but for that time it was still expensive. While there were other activities, most campers just did magic all day and night. It was great! And, my parents paid for it! (I miss those days.) That year, Jay Sankey and Johnny Ace Palmer (to name a couple) were instructors. It would be nice if the organizers had some type of reunion some time. I've wondered if others I met stuck mith magic whether professionally or as a hobby. If you can afford it, I highly recommend the camp before you're too old to attend.

Larry
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2005-08-09 20:38, Amazinjess wrote:
I am going to Socerers Safari in Canada for my first year. Anybody hear of that? How is it??

I'll see you there, Jess! This will be my fourth year as a counsellor there, and I also teach the Theatre Production class. It's at a "real" camp, with trees, cabins, and a beautiful lake.

The young magicians who attend get a week of magic, magic classes, magic shows, swimming, magic, canoeing, magic shows, splash contests, magic classes, and magic at one of Canada's top-rated camp facilities! The thing is that I KNOW I get as much out of it as the campers do!!

Past guests have included Lee Asher, Aaron Fisher, Nate Kranzo, Dan Harlan, David Acer, Jay Sankey, Johnny "Ace" Palmer, Greg Frewin, Oscar Munoz, Josh Jay, Steven Kline, Ryan Joyce, David Merry, Muray Hatfield, Loran, Dick Joiner, Glenn Ottaway (and a TON of others) and a few of them will even be back this year! If you're a young magician, or if you know a young magician, this is the place to be!!!

Please be sure to say hi, Jess!
Dan McLean Jr
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Camps (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL