The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » CNN story: traditional Chinese magicians calling for greater censorship of their ancient tricks (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1462 Posts

Profile of JNeal
This news story is kind of interesting:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/china/chi......dex.html
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Wow, that sure is the pot calling the kettle black. With all these Chinese rip off counterfeit magic shops online? YouTube exposure is nothing new at this point and although I feel for the guy, you have got to manage your audience, maybe change your performance setting or venue? Don't let them close enough to grab at your hands. There are people like that but many can be kind of sniffed out early and dealt with. It is an ongoing problem that is in no way just a China problem.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
This ought to be interesting.
Have we seen book tests using the red book? Or tricks using reconstructed I-ching tables?
It's not so much whether the coin has two faces but who owns the coin, yes?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20293 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or he can learn new effects for the modern era.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I guess they didn't see P&T's Magic & Mystery tour. We all know the linking rings now! You've lost, China! *diabolical victory laugh*
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
351 Posts

Profile of MJE
[quote]On Jul 12, 2019, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I feel for the guy, you have got to manage your audience

Excellent points, but "Audience Management" seems to be the most overused term these days. All it really is is an excuse for a lousy effect that has so many angle problems that you'll probably only be able to perform it for one person whose gaze has to be completely under your control. Of course, there's always "No Skill Required," "Packs Small, Plays Big", and the other newer one, "TV Performance Rights Not Included" that can make you sound like a real pro.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Seaside, CA
757 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I'm with Poof-Daddy on this one. China with all the knock offs and copy junk flooding the market doesn't seem like they have much respect for effects or the creators around the world so why complain?
Professor J. P. Fawkes
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
938 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I also agree with Poof-Daddy.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1041 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Interesting when they are the victims they suddenly what everyone to help.
Have this position for ALL magicians and I will support that.

Zero sympathy for China.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2580 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Just because some Chinese manufacturers are making money from counterfeit and rip off magic products doesn't suddenly make Chinese magicians and performers happy about it.

I find it hard to believe that Chinese magicians and performers are part of the problem.

I am shocked at the tone of this thread.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1041 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Julian, if you want I can send you a list of websites selling your merchandise illegally.
All of them are from China. So you should be concern. Most of your product sells are by pirates.

It is not just the magic China steals from, it is ALL the commerce from ALL the countries throughout the WORLD!
They steal everything! They perform state sponsor cyber attacks towards every company every day! Just ask any computer security tech/admin.

It is built into the mind set of the country due to the current government.

One Café member and coin magic vendor was so disgusted, he gave away his video for free, to under mind the Chinese pirates.

I am surprised that you are shock.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » CNN story: traditional Chinese magicians calling for greater censorship of their ancient tricks (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL