The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Jay Sankey's Zig Zag (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Schreibman
View Profile
New user
Orlando FL
4 Posts

Profile of Professor Schreibman
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
How long ago was this released?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Professor Schreibman
View Profile
New user
Orlando FL
4 Posts

I think it's new. At least I've not seen it before. It's on sale at a discounted price this week through Sunday.
I was a big Sankey fan in the past, but I've been disappointed with his releases since Slider.
It's hard to know from what he's posted if this is a winner or not.
That's why I'm trying to find out if anyone is familiar with this.
If not, I guess I'll buy it and post a review in a week or so.
Professor Schreibman
View Profile
New user
Orlando FL
4 Posts

I just received this and it's pretty much what was advertised and what you'd expect. As Jay shows in the video, you start with a normal card that can be inspected, and end with the zig-zag card that can also be inspected.
You get 5 pairs of these cards. They are printed on heavier stock than normal cards, so they should last a long time.
The cards do need to be folded into 6ths. These folds are not hard to do, but should be done neatly. (The cards do not come pre-folded or scored which would have been nice...) The trick comes down to switching one folded card for the other. Jay gives several ideas about how to do this, and his preferred method is a variation on his Paper-Clipped. Other than the switch, there are no slights or tricky moves.

Personally, I'm thinking of combining this with one of those cheap plastic zig-zag card frames. I'll start by first doing the zig zag illusion with the card frame, then repeat the trick with the same card but now without the frame, ending with the "mis-made" card.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26897 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Curious how things go with the careful folding and how your audiences respond.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
I sometimes wonder how many of the "Latest and Greatest" effects actually get performance time in front of laypeople.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Jay Sankey's Zig Zag (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL