The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cradle to the Grave routine with small hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I have tryed to learn the Gradle to the Grave routine and I am little bit disapointed in it because it really doesn´t tell before hand that you should have fairly large hands in orded to be able to do it. At least in the opener you must have big hand in orded to keep the deck in place with pinky and reaching for the flap with the thump ( the owners know what I mean). I have very small hands. For instance my thump cant reach over the deck to do even some of those one handed cuts that some other people has published. Anybody else has problems with small hands?
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
That's completely false! De'vo has clearly posted a method in the forum for the opener for small hands. His 7 year old does it. I can do it and I don't have huge hands. In fact De'vo's 7 year old can do the entire sequence with regulation cards, and his hands are exactly half the size of De'vo's.

I think you just didn't read well enough in the private forum. It goes through step by step. Unless you downloaded it illeaglly from the internet, then that would explain why you don't know about the small hand method De'vo clearly posted of the opener. All the tips, extra routines, bonus moves are not on the DVD for rippers that get it illegally. It's usually really easy to spot an illegal ripper when they make posts such as this one.

If you actually bought the DVD, then you should be ashamed of posting such nonsense when De'vo had already posted methods for almost every situation to include the very thing you claim you can't do(small hands opener), and you just didn't open your eyes or take the time to read all the tips and xtras he took so long to post up for those that bought the DVD.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
"De'vo had already posted methods for almost every situation to include the very thing you claim you can't do(small hands opener), and you just didn't open your eyes or take the time to read all the tips and xtras he took so long to post up for those that bought the DVD. "

Why he didn´t include them on the DVD also? I think it is underestimating buyers of the DVD to expect that in order to be able to learn the routine they must also register to his web site and found the answers from hundrets of posts. Well, I guess there is no other way than register...

Still CTG is not the only flourish video that doen´t mention that you should have fairly big hands. Capcuts and some Tudor stuff also reguires big hands. It is ******** to say that some people just need practise. If your hands are too small you cant do anything about it.
SEVEN
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SEVEN
Korttihai,

Don't make excuses, most of the time when people complain they have small hands are that they are lazy and they don't want to practice moves, so they say: "My hands are small, what should I do?!" Then they complain that it doesn't explain about big hands.

Oh PLEASE, If you got midget hands like oompa loompas, then mabe you got a reason to gripe. If you are complaining that a little explaination of "small hands with the the routine" is not on the DVD, you definately and probably didn't get access to the CTG secret forum.

Don't complain, don't make excuses, you are just trying to create some beef. when you say:

"It is *&#*&$# to say that some people just need practice. If your hands are too small you can't do anything about it" - Korttihai_82

Don't complain. Oh and don't say you aren't because from the tone of your posts, you are.

Small hands is a SMALL excuse $#*%, don't be using it.

SEVEN
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Ripping is very popular these days, and sounds like what you did. De'vo put the xtras and tips in the forum to keep those that illegally rip like you from getting everything. The DVD does have everything in it you need, unless you are too lazy and want to blame small hands. Like I said, De's 7 year old does it, you must either be a midget or lazy. So De'vo even had people like you in mind and put the xtra tips in the forum for those that like to use excuses why they can't do something. See, De'vo had it all covered, even for people like you, but unfortunately, sounds like you ripped it from the net and is why you can't perform the routine.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Actually I have orginal DVD, used thought. I bought it from a ebay, if you don´t believe come and check.

Those with big hand it is easy to make some assumptions that people who cant do something and say it is because they have small hands are complaining about nothing. It is easy for they to say. I love to practise things. I can do things like Kosbys rise rise well and also other things that require hell lot of practise so it is not matter to me. I just found the beginning of the routine difficult with small hands. I can hardly palm a card to give you some idea of the size of my hand.

I guess I will have to register to the handlordz forum althought I wouldn´t like to. All the people there seem to be so arrogant against anyone who has different opinions than them. They also keep De´vo as some kind of god. He is good, there is no question about it, maybe even the best there is, but still this whole phenomena in his followers seems to look a little bit like a ideology in German 1930´s and 1940´s...
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
If you haven't gotten on the forum, then you are missing at least 4 bonus video with fans and openers(writing from Jerry Cestkowski), and about 7 more written bonuses(box vansih and reappearance, watch spin etc, the entire magical CTG routine-not the flourish one) not to mention all the tips to include "Small Hand" methods that would greatly help you.

BUT, since you got it off of ebay instead of from the handlordzstore: http://www.handlordzstore.com then you don't get on the private forum, or any of the bonuses, tips, prizes, mailing lists, or future deals on products, or any of the private tutoring and other special things De'vo does for his customers. Bad move man.lol ALWAYS ALWAYS buy from the artist! That goes for any magic/flourishes/or whatever. They will always take care of you. LOL, ebay.LOL You really missed out on a TON of info! LOL

So you see, the small hands method IS provided, you just got the DVD second hand and missed the majority of what CTG encompasses. CTG is a complete package, but you don't get it all if you rip or buy second hand. That was by design to keep rippers and people that trade from getting the entire package, and I see it worked!lol
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I have small hands, and it can be done.

Practice is the key, as with most flourishes.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
It can be done. Many small-handed people are jamming on it. Don't be afraid. Just keep at it.

Phantom
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Look, kortihaiboi, my hands are not bigger than other Asian kids, even 14 year old ones.

Practice a little bit more. That's all.

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I've got small hands too! I know its probably becoming redundant, but this is just to shed hope to the little guys. Yes, it can be done. It takes a while, but it can be done.

Don't fret. Keep practicing.

Good luck!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Imperistan
View Profile
Regular user
Holland
106 Posts

Profile of Imperistan
Quote:
On 2004-05-23 05:27, korttihai_82 wrote:

Ibut still this whole phenomena in his followers seems to look a little bit like a ideology in German 1930´s and 1940´s...

Do you actually have a clue what you are saying now and what the people you mean have done. You compare us (yes I'm in the forums too) too some people that actually called MILLIONS of people. You don't seem to have much brains. First you complain about having small hands, then you compare us to people who started a war! man your nuts!

Imperistan
#1magician
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of #1magician
I have fearly small hands and for the one handed cuts I had to work my but off to figure out a way to do it but in the end it payed off.
i dont call 911, i simpily perform the bullet catch and than point the bullet at them and ask if they care to try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cradle to the Grave routine with small hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL