The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Know It All by Dani DaOrtiz (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1415 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Did he teach this effect in his Penguin lecture?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12303

"The trick is great and the theory is the stuff of miracles." -R. Paul Wilson

Even though the spectator does almost all of the work, you Know It All.

Dani DaOrtiz's most beginner-friendly release ever. No difficult moves, no complex stacks or memory. Just a super clever method that will stick with you as soon as you learn it.

Here's what happens:

Spectator cuts a packet off the top of the deck. From that packet the performer instructs the spectator to place all of his cards against his chest.

A second spectator cuts a packet from the remaining cards and places those cards under the card box.

A final packet is cut off the remaining cards and now everyone places their cut cards against their chest.

Everyone peeks at their cards making sure to not let the magician see and miraculously you are able to reveal all three cards with 100% accuracy.

This is the ultimate tossed out deck that uses a full deck of 52 cards and absolutely no gimmicks.

Dani shares a couple more gems on this download. His wonderful "Working The How" principle and an amazing bonus routine called Three Predictions.
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
53 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Sounds like another winner from Dani
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3018 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
This sounds familiar. Is this another effect that was previously released, maybe in a lecture or something?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2668 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Wouldn’t a marked deck accomplish the same thing?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1899 Posts

Profile of ted french
You would not be able to do this effect with a marked deck.
P3
practice practice perform.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5672 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2019, ted french wrote:

Actually, you could, but it would bring certain trade offs typical of using one. It would add very minimal clarity at some points but creates greater difficulty in others. Then there is the fact that a routine such as this ignites suspicion of exactly the use of a marked deck. The trade offs would not be worth it.

Then we get into the detail that you would be missing out on the second effect taught, and that is a thing of exquisite card magic beauty.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1179 Posts

Profile of Jared
Bought it yesterday and it's a gem of a trick. Very easy-to-do and will surely fool laypersons. While some may argue that the trailer is a bit misleading, I don't really care in this particular instance...You're getting a solid routine that is surely going to hit your audience hard. There's some set-up required. So, this will probably be better suited as an opener within a card set. This will play well in both parlor and casual settings, but you'll need a table to perform it on. So, suitable for table-hopping, but not strolling.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4183 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
This is a great alternative for me. As Jared stated, it is a gem. The setup can be done on the fly, it can be done in the middle or end of your set as you can disturb the majority of the deck so you can have your small bank there waiting for you to perform this.

I do Darwin Ortiz’ Card Sense, which is very much like this effect. The trade off for this are a few methods that fly and play very well intertwined, so you don’t need a full stack not do you need a memorized stack here either, but you can have a memorized stack if you wish. It’s a great piece and the bonus trick is wonderful as well, great method for an Open Prediction/CAAN.

This could work strolling, if you had one person holding the deck, another to hold the box for a moment.
1st person cut, did the small process in your hands, they take their completed packet.
You hand the 3rd spectator the deck to take back the box
2nd spectator cuts
You do the second packet ruse and place the packet in the 2nd cupped hands,
You know have the remaining part of the deck and the 3rd spectator cuts wherever.

Haven’t completely worked it out but with a small amount of choreography and thought it could totally work.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1899 Posts

Profile of ted french
This is one of Dani's best and probably the easiest. Trying out this weekend, will post the results.
P3
practice practice perform.
fireisyummy
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of fireisyummy
Dani DaOrtiz has really hit out of the park with this one.

The first trick is a super easy tossed out deck trick that uses an ordinary deck. There is a slight set up, but its pretty slight and with just a shuffle after the trick you're back to a totally ordinary deck.

This trick is not a magician fooler in any way, however it will fool any and every layman. There's nothing new here, but its put together in a really beautiful way.

The second trick uses a bit more of a set up. There are a couple of extra cards also. The first method requires you to be seated in order to perform. I never perform seated so I don't know that I'm going to be doing this one. The second one could be done standing but I don't personally like the slight that's involved. I do think that I can come up with other sleights that will work, but I haven't yet. I also personally don't like performing with extra cards because I feel like Murphy's Law will make them show up next to each other in a later trick in the set. They can be ditched but that can be tough.

That being said it is a phenomenal trick that feels a lot like a super clean CAAN.

Just one general issue you should be aware of- Dani's tricks were created for his personality. Most people have a very different personality and many of the misdirections and sleights he uses won't necessarily work nearly as well for you.

However, if you can make these tricks work for you, you're really going to get phenomenal reactions. These tricks are super strong and are the type of tricks spectators will remember. I highly recommend this download.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:

Yes you could, in fact it would be way cleaner. You'd need a marked deck that's stacked and you could literally just have three people cut off packets of cards and you could tell them what their cards are one at a time.
no2ss
View Profile
Regular user
California
175 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:

Yes you could, in fact it would be way cleaner. You'd need a marked deck that's stacked and you could literally just have three people cut off packets of cards and you could tell them what their cards are one at a time.

Yeah. I like this and am happy I purchased it, mainly because I always enjoy Dani's thinking and ideas. But afterwards, I was just thinking that if you have a marked memdeck you could do this and do it way cleaner. Even though this is easy and will certainly fool most people, I also wasn't entirely thrilled with how the 2nd card is dealt with. It'll work and it'll fool people, but it plays better with Dani's style, since he can easily pull off that confused "should I do this? or this?" act that... helps. As I said, still happy with the purchase, and may try to think up some alternatives for the second (and maybe even 3rd) cards.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1550 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Even for Dani it doesn't really work on the second card because after he puts it under the box, he takes it back and hands it to someone to hold... First card is meh as well. I understand why but the trailer leaves out a lot of extra handling. I would not have bought this had I seen the full performance.
otzdog
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of otzdog
Second packet could be left in the box, if taking it out doesn't fit with your performance style. Like fireisyummy noted, that handling fits with his style. Cards go in and out in like half a second. If it becomes a "beat", then sure, people may notice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Know It All by Dani DaOrtiz (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL