The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini Tangram Paradox -- another Freer Puzzle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of solidoak
I just saw this advertised on HocusPocus. The demo looks exactly like the Winston Freer Puzzle.

The add states:
Every MTP is made with top quality walnut, perfect for the performer and collector. A wooden puzzle fits perfectly inside of a frame. The performer adds a new small piece, and he can rebuild the puzzle! Then he adds another bigger piece, and he rebuilds the puzzle again! The puzzle still forms the same exact size rectangle, and it fits perfectly inside the same frame!! MTP uses a brand new method. There is no palming, no stealing, and no shell. And its size is so small that you can carry it with you anytime and anywhere!

-------------
Of course, I've never seen any version of the Freer Puzzle that used palming, stealing or a shell, but I like the small size and walnut materials.

Anyone seen it?
Rick
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
831 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Got a link to this, solidoak?
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3040 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2360 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2360 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I am hoping someone can review this soon. My concern is you have to switch the frame for a bigger one. I really hope that isn’t the case as I really like the look of this.
solidoak
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of solidoak
I finally gave in and got this. It arrived today and I'm still playing with it but I can tell you there is no frame switch. There is only one frame used and there are no moving parts. The add is perfectly accurate. I have an original Freer puzzle and this works with a completely different method from that and also very different (and much better in my opinion) from the recent Tenyo Chocolate puzzle. Though the Freer is still my favorite, this one is quite clever. I really like the size and woodwork appearance. With an extremely simple bit of handling everything can be given out for inspection after performing.

My only initial problem is that a couple of the pieces look very similar to each other so in practicing I have tried to fit the wrong one in the wrong place. I'm sure with a bit more time I'll get past that.

Rick
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2360 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Cool. Thanks for the info Rick.

Paul
Deignan
View Profile
New user
Poinciana, Florida
8 Posts

Profile of Deignan
I have always loved the concept of a Freer puzzle, and a few years back I purchased the Tenyo version called Perpetual Puzzle. It's made of bright plastic with a gimmicked frame that works well in presenting the effect. Like most Tenyo effects, it looks more like a toy than a serious puzzle. When I saw the new Mini Tangram Paradox by Secret Factory, I was immediately interested in acquiring it. It was advertised that the frame was not gimmicked, and a completely new solution was used. The price put me off for about five minutes and then I ordered it. Many of the pieces are identical to the Tenyo effect, so I suspect that the new version might have been by the same people with a few modifications.

Long story short ... I'm not disappointed with this product and would highly recommend it to the people who like this type of effect. It really is mysterious how the new pieces when added still fit into the ungimmicked frame. The new method is very ingenious and clever, since most people would suspect that the frame is the gimmick that allows the pieces to finally fit. The Walnut wood adds a bit of class that the Tenyo version didn't have.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3014 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
A completely new solution is a pretty bold statement. I am a sucker for these types of effects so I placed my order. If it is done the way I think it is done, then it is nothing new at all.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S27331?action=wishlist

This looks awesome!

I think that’s your wishlist.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11512 Posts

Profile of John C
Ordered.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
falihahmed
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of falihahmed
They lie about it.. NO steal and yet there is a magnetic move you need to do WTF? guys be honest with what you sell.. very dissappointed. Winston Freer Puzzle is totally different and by far the best out there!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3014 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I got this in the mail today. Mine did not come with anything indicating where the online instructions are at. I will have to contact Pengiun Monday to see how to obtain instructions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mini Tangram Paradox -- another Freer Puzzle? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL