The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Walking Liberty Gravity Flipper makers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Can anyone tell me which of the gaffed coin makers offer a Walking Liberty Gravity Flipper with an internal band and milled edges on the insert?? I'm guessing Schoolcraft and Lassen, but what about the others?

Thanks!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Just discovered Kueppers has one, but not a fan of his. Mark Mason has many coin options but I can’t confirm if any fill my need? Same with Tango.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3170 Posts

Profile of warren
I'm pretty sure that the one that Mark Mason supplies doesn't have milled edges on the insert.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1938 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Tango "pro" gravity flippers have a "real edge".

Get a Lassen if you can find one.
Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Another thing that I'm looking for is a gravity flipper with a "heads" insert. They all seem to be tails inserts.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Wouldn't that result in a two headed coin? Or you mean just the reverse of what the normal thing is.

I'm just guessing but I wonder if the fact that most coins have a more busy pattern on the back is a factor. That is, for hiding the line.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1938 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
I'm just guessing but I wonder if the fact that most coins have a more busy pattern on the back is a factor. That is, for hiding the line.

I agree. I can't recall ever seeing a flipper made that way, but it might be possible with a Kennedy Half using a "profile cut" along the right side of the bust like on many folding coins.
Payner44
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of Payner44
It seems to me that the cut line could be covered pretty well if made where the figure on the coin is walking. Plenty of images clustered in that area. My reason for wanting this version is so that I can us my tails expanded shell with it.

Mark Mason said he would make one as a custom order. Problem is he doesn't re-mill the insert edges on any of his coins, so it won't work for me. I've got a request into Schoolcraft.
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
60 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
So I can say while I fully support Schoolcraft and own several of his products...the ngf from mark is a unique piece of art. I was skeptical at first of the insert not being re-edged but I can fully say no one has noticed other than my own ocd. That flipper is worth every penny
Poor dini
View Profile
New user
Lancaster
60 Posts

Profile of Poor dini
Update: after ordering one for myself, Jamie can make a double header or tailed flipper
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Walking Liberty Gravity Flipper makers? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL