The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Great magic shops in California (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sappledo
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of sappledo
I'm visiting California (LA driving to SF) for a week in August. What are some great magic shops to visit along my journey? I'll also be going to the Castle. Thanks!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1071 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I loved House of Magic in SF back in the day. Marina District. Used to bring my dog in. Awesome place! I hope it’s still there.

I’ve heard great things about Misdirections in SF. Never been there.

I truly miss the good ol’ days of hanging out at Hollywood Magic and Dean’s Shoppe!

If Johnny Ace Palmer and John George are performing tableside magic at southern Cal restaurants then make sure to see them.
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
156 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
I haven't been to LA for four years. There is a magic counter in Hollywood Costume, good for emergencies. The only other shop I would frequent would be the Magic Apple in Studio City, its an awesome shop with lots of stuff, good staff and they even do lectures.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of lynnef
In San Francisco, you MUST visit Misdirections Magic Shop (thanx Marrs)...check em out on the internet! Behind the counter, Joe Pon will help you in whatever interests or needs you have. He can also direct you to any local shows, lectures etc. VERY friendly. ps House of Magic is closed, unfortunately. Lynn
MichaelJae
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of MichaelJae
House of Magic is where it all began for me.
The Great Stevini
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of The Great Stevini
Misdirections in SF. Grand Illusions in Sacramento (it doesn't sound like you're going that far).

Make sure to visit Magicopolis in Santa Monica!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Great magic shops in California (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL