We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » CARDS AVAILABLE IN THE UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TonyTax
View Profile
New user
Surrey, UK
16 Posts

Profile of TonyTax
Hi

Whan I started card magic not so long ago I struggled to find a UK supplier for the various makes of cards that everyone seemed to be talking about - Bee, Tally Ho, Aviator etc. (I could only find Bicycle.)

If anyone from the UK is interested I have found a supplier that sells every make of card - many of which I have never heard of, they sell gimmicked decks, and other props too - and their prices seem reasonable.

They do not have a website so I'll dig up their contact details if anyone from the UK is interested.

TonyTax
Smile
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.(Albert Szent-Gyorgy.)
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Did you mean;

The Card Collection,
Bond Agency,
40 Dunes Road,
Greatstone,
Newromney Kent, UK
TN28 8SN

Tel: 01797 363543.

They do have a catalogue, and accept visa.

Paul
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
Yes, and I just wish that they had a complete listing on their website. I always lose the catalogues. Why magic Dealers cannot be bothered to list all their items online is beyond me. I understand that the latest items might be missing due to continually updating the site. But why bother having a web site that just lists a few items then refers you to their catalogue.
Phillip
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I must say that the above site has now added the abilty to download a copy of it's catalogue......... Hooray!!
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
BTW the website URL is http://www.cards4magic.co.uk
Smile
Wallace B
TonyTax
View Profile
New user
Surrey, UK
16 Posts

Profile of TonyTax
Paul

Spookily you were right! I did not have their address or website until this morning when their catalogue arrived - which is why I couldn't put it in my first post.

As I said it only took me 4 months to find them! (It was alright for Harry Potter he got taken to Diagon Alley for all his supplies - us muggles just get left to the mercies of search engines!)

Regards

TonyTax
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.(Albert Szent-Gyorgy.)
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Just bought some stuff from them....they do other stuff too, not just cards Smile
Steve Griffin
View Profile
New user
Guildford, UK
65 Posts

Profile of Steve Griffin
I concur, they do loads of great stuff!
'Just nodding your head won't row the boat' - Anon

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man' - Dr Johnson

Griffin and Jones
Bar Magic UK
Facebook
Youtube
@GriffinandJones
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
As an aside in case anyone is wondering what cards to buy here is a very personal view point....and I have only tried bicycle and bee.

For all cards: if you can get a box where the back of the card matches the back of the box, buy these for preference....some bicycle boxes have this. Very useful for hiding a card on the box...amongst other things.

Bicycle cards have a white border. This is useful if you have hidden face up cards in what is ostensibly a face down deck....they are not obvious.

Bee playing cards do not have a border, sleights (except as noted above) are harder to spot in a Bee deck as compared to a bicycle deck.

D
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2010-12-23 17:21, djurmann wrote:
Just bought some stuff from them....they do other stuff too, not just cards Smile

Think they might have added a few things in the last eight years? Smile
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Nah ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » CARDS AVAILABLE IN THE UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL