The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Toronto! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atroc
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
1 Post

Profile of atroc
Hi there!

I've been a long time fan of magic (grew up watching Paul Daniels) but only decided to really start digging in over the last 6 months or so due to my nieces/nephews getting to the point where magic is actually.. magical.

I've been a huge fan of coin magic ever since a family friend tricked me over and over with a french drop when I was younger so that's where I started! Been mostly practicing palming/sleights (bobos and a whole stack of videos) and finally started to get comfortable enough with them that I can do a few basic things.

I've recently started branching out into some minor card stuff as well, picking up Royal Road and working through that. Again, no tricks here just working on some general sleights/palms to make sure they're comfortable before I really look at something more complicated.

My wife is definitely getting sick of me making her watch me over and over =p

Looking forward to participating here and learning from you Smile
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of TomB
Welcome to the Café.

Mirrors never get tired, and I'm sure the nieces and nephews probably love it.
Josepher
View Profile
New user
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
69 Posts

Profile of Josepher
Welcome neighbor. Perhaps we've rubbed shoulders at Browers Den. I'm there for most lectures. Marcus Eddy was a few weeks ago.
Patrick Redford lectures this Saturday.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Special user
Beverley, UK
832 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Welcome Atroc,
that's how I started, as entertainment for my children, aged approx 3-5; approx 30 years ago.
And boy, they just loved it. And I must confess, me too.

As they grew older, I expanded the magic concepts and skills, to keep up with them, because they never tired of it.

It's a fantastic "pursuit" to follow, with many crossroads to take ...
cards, coins, dice, mentalism, self-working, impromptu, sleights ...etc.

Follow your dream ...
atroc
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
1 Post

Profile of atroc
We probably have! Unfortunately I don't get to go to a lot of the lectures as I work weekends occasionally... and almost every weekend I've worked has been a lecture. I'm hoping to make it out on the 3rd though for the first saturday get-together!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3642 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome atroc,

And welcome back to Magic.

Try an offer of helping your Wife with an interest of hers (eating cookies she baked does not count.)

Teaching her a simple trick can involve her in the fun.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Toronto! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL