The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Attention Book Collectors! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
I'm working on the second edition of Historians' Guide to Conjuring. It is a reference guide, has over 1500 entries, and lists magic histories, biographies and bibliographies. The first edition was published in 1981.

The second edition will easily exceed 1000 pages when completed.

I'd like to pose the following questions to fellow readers and collectors:

Do any of you own an early edition of Kellar's A Magician's Tour?

Do any of you own a copy of Charles Bertram's A Magician in Many Lands in a dust jacket?

Do any of you own a copy of Carlton's Twenty Years of Spoof and Bluff in a dust jacket?

Do any of you own a copy of Signor Blitz's Fifty Years in the Magic Circle with all page edges gilt in gold, or a copy bound in original publisher's leather?

I'm doing research on these titles for upcoming issues of the second edition and would appreciate hearing descriptions of copies of the foregoing books which you own.

Thanks in advance!

Clay

This must be one of the lowest replies/views ratios on this board! Smile

Still responding to myself in the hopes that somebody else will reply -- ruins the reply/view ratio, though....
bkentner
View Profile
New user
Davenport, Nebraska
61 Posts

Profile of bkentner
Sorry, I can't help you with these books. Just thought I would help you reply/view ratio along. I just aquired a first edition of Historians' Guide to Conjuring. I'm looking forward to the second edition. Keep us up to date on the progress.
Clay Shevlin
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of Clay Shevlin
Thanks for responding and for your comments on the second edition. This is a less lonely post now!
genemccarthy
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of genemccarthy
You might try http://www.abe.com

For a search.

gene
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Attention Book Collectors! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL