The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Penguin Live By Daniel Chard - Stand Up Magic: Mentalism, Comedy And Card Magic (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
57 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Hey Everyone!!! Smile

Iím super excited to announce the release of my up and coming Penguin Live Act. Itís my biggest project to date.

This is the material that has been paying my rent for the last 5 years. You will find a range of mentalism, comedy and killer card magic. Breathing new life into classic plots, each of the effects is designed with lay people in mind, theyíre playful and powerful.

Youíll see a 40 minute stand up show, which packs very small and plays big. And a 20 minute bar set that contains some of my favourite close up card work including a visual DVD Change. But I think the real value comes from the discussion between myself and the host Nick Locapo (amazing performer in his own right) where all the tips, tricks and nuance get shared, that come from experience.

Release date: 4th August 2019
Duration: 5+ Hours

AVAILABLE FOR PRE ORDER NOW: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12238

Contents and Two Killer Bonuses

What will he teach?
During this stand up act, you'll be learning mentalism, card magic and comedy magic.

Magic that's practical, playful and most importantly... POWERFUL!

Print: You show a blank deck and visually print the cards in an impressive manner. Establish your skills instantly with your audience.

Wright, Peterson, and Williamson: A modular effect where two signed cards which contains transpositions, restorations and lots of strong magic. Designed for the walk around performer. Included are great ideas by Thom Peterson and Tom Wright.

Chard under Box 2.0: Danielís Reputation Builder: The classic card under box on steroids. A routine thatís been refined over thousands of performances. You will use this!

Learn the psychology, timing and misdirection that makes this work.

iPhone 11: A tongue in cheek pin revelation which is very visual. Extremely simple.

Multiple selection: Daniel shares his routine and thoughts on the classic. This routine is interactive, fun and the perfect closer.

Homage to Pepe: A full suit production with a KILLER ENDING. This effect closed Daniels stage show for several years. Inspired by Pepe Carroll and Pedro Bryce.

Bonus 1: Professional Close Up Set

In this bonus 15 minute act, you will learn 3 of my favourite card effects to use at close up shows and one visual non card item.

Decompression: A visual compression routine, which combines ideas from Robert Moreland and Steve Beam.

Kickback Bonanza: A repeat sandwich effect with a kickback finish THEY WONT SEE COMING!

Fiddle With Biddle: The classic effect reworked with a stronger vanish. The spectator will swear that the selection didnít vanish until the last moment.

Flash Cover: You visually change the cover of a dvd to a thought of film. Great for stage and close up.

Bonus 2: Free Lecture Notes

You receive a complimentary copy of my ďThe Expert At The Chard TableĒ lecture notes, which contains some of the effects in the lecture, some of my favourite effects and lots of credits/references for you to explore. (20 dollars Value)

Check it out here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12238

Iíll happily answer any questions you may have regarding anything in the project. So get posting below and I canít wait for you to see this awesome project.

Kind regards

Daniel Chard
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
57 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
What the pros have to say:

"Brilliant! You nailed me a half a dozen times. Good work. It just convinces me even more that this is an ideal trick for a bar. You've done your homework young man! Good job" -Doc Eason, Master Bar Magician.

"If you love card magic with elegance, precision and technical finesse, Dan's the man. If you couldn't care less about that but just want to see a master who knows how to engage, entertain and delight people with practical 'worker' material, well, Dan's the man for that as well. There's a lot of hype and false dawns in the magic world, but Daniel Chard is the real deal: an expert in his field with amazing talent and plenty of smart thinking to share. It's a joy to see him work or teach. Not to be missed." -Ian Rowland, Mentalist, Author, Speaker.

"I've been a big fan of Daniel Chard's Card Magic for many years now. His sleight of hand is just beautiful and all of his work has a stunning, visual quality that is a joy to watch!" -John Carey, Author and Lecturer.

"Daniel chard has transcended commercial card magic by breathing new life in to old classics. I absolutely adore Daniel's Card to box routine....BUY THIS NOW!!!" -Kieron Johnson, The Ice Man And Internal Contortionist.

"Daniel is a real worker... he spent years cutting his teeth at Illusions Magic Bar UK. Heís gone on to not only be an amazing technician and creator, but also one of the finest close up performers in the business. Learn from him!" -James Brown, The Professional Opportunist.

"Dan first entered my bar over 10 years ago when he was a young and shy performer. I have given him advice and guidance which has shaped him as a performer. I'm proud I have also given him the chance to show he can step away from cards and be the true Entertainer he was born to be." -Mark Bennett, Stage Magician And Creator Of The UKís #1 Magic Bar, Smoke And Mirrors Magic Bar.

"Dan's card handling is super slick, and his effects are extremely powerful and commercial. If you are a working magician, or you are thinking of becoming one. Ask yourself, do you want to perform some really hard hitting magic? Then you need to check out Dan's work!" -Gary Jones, One of the UK's Top Close Up Magicians.
Marvelous_Mysto
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, Australia
143 Posts

Profile of Marvelous_Mysto
Iím really looking forward to this release!
Iím from Australia, and only know Daniel from his DVD releases.
As an avid fan - ever since Chardshark - Iíve purchased every release he has put out.
I plan to pre-order this, to be sure I get the inside track on his latest gems.
Baz
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
917 Posts

Profile of Martino
Really looking forward to this. Danís material is terrific. This will be a great lecture!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
254 Posts

Profile of danny
Looking forwards to this. I am sure that it will be full of usable stuff and not just stuff to play with in front of the mirror!
Archey
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Archey
I'm gonna get this, I've got Daneils first DVD and it's got some good stuff on there.
GrantMaidmentMagician
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of GrantMaidmentMagician
Daniel Chardís magic is awesome! You have some amazing material to learn from in this project. From close up to more parlour routines, the magic contained in this download is more than worthy of your attention. I have known Daniel personally for many years, I have witnessed him destroy an audience with these routines, whether it is in a professional environment, or casual performances for the general public.
Truly audience tested magic, that he uses to make his living.
Highly recommended.
P.s - This would suit magicians with a skill level of intermediate to advanced. However, if you are a beginner, there will be lessons in this dvd that will raise your magic to new heights!

Best Wishes,
Grant Maidment
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1216 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Pre-ordered.
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
I'm keen for this to drop. Working material is hard to come by these days, and Daniel has the goods. Can't wait !
Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Wez_Evans
Looks great! Looking forward to this Smile
coachawsm
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
I watched the last Alakazam Lecture and was amazed. Looking forward to this one now!
BrianMel
View Profile
New user
Chicago
89 Posts

Profile of BrianMel
Daniel is an amazing magician. Having seen many of his posts on Facebook, I can tell you heís no stranger to a deck of cards. His technique and approach is outstanding. Not to mention, he is a great all-around guy. He has personally given me advice when Iíve been stuck on something. Anybody who doesnít know his work should look into him. Iím looking forward to this one!
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you like my videos!

email: inventivemagic@gmail.com
YT: www.youtube.com/InventiveMagic
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/inventivemagic
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BrianAMelchiorre
depeka
View Profile
New user
Germany, Bielefeld
50 Posts

Profile of depeka
Wow, over 5 hours playtime - That must be the longest "Live Act" (?). Too bad, that they stopped the normal "Penguin Live Lecture" with Magicians in the audience. Anyway, Daniel Chard is a great magician and I am looking forward to this Live Act Smile.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1037 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Looking forward to this.
Psy
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of Psy
Where is the mentalism here? Is it only the ďvisual PIN divination ď? Just curious
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
57 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, Marvelous_Mysto wrote:
Iím really looking forward to this release!
Iím from Australia, and only know Daniel from his DVD releases.
As an avid fan - ever since Chardshark - Iíve purchased every release he has put out.
I plan to pre-order this, to be sure I get the inside track on his latest gems.
Baz

Support from Australia! Thatís pretty awesome, would love to do a tour there someday. Youíll be interested to see one or two of the pieces from ďChardsharkĒ and how they have evolved over time. Some welcome changes and moments, I know youíll love Smile
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
57 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, GrantMaidmentMagician wrote:
Daniel Chardís magic is awesome! You have some amazing material to learn from in this project. From close up to more parlour routines, the magic contained in this download is more than worthy of your attention. I have known Daniel personally for many years, I have witnessed him destroy an audience with these routines, whether it is in a professional environment, or casual performances for the general public.
Truly audience tested magic, that he uses to make his living.
Highly recommended.
P.s - This would suit magicians with a skill level of intermediate to advanced. However, if you are a beginner, there will be lessons in this dvd that will raise your magic to new heights!

Best Wishes,
Grant Maidment

Thanks for your kind words man, means a lot. Smile youíll love the project...
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
57 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, depeka wrote:
Wow, over 5 hours playtime - That must be the longest "Live Act" (?). Too bad, that they stopped the normal "Penguin Live Lecture" with Magicians in the audience. Anyway, Daniel Chard is a great magician and I am looking forward to this Live Act Smile.

No, mine isnít the longest by any stretch, similar length of time to Kiko Pastors. But timing wise Dee Christopher and Tyler Wilsonís are some of the longest I believe.i hope you really enjoy the live act Smile
DanielChard
View Profile
New user
Bristol, United Kingdom
57 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2019, Psy wrote:
Where is the mentalism here? Is it only the ďvisual PIN divination ď? Just curious

Thanks for replying to the thread Psy, sure let me clear that up for you.

iPhone 11: The visual pin revelation, the method used is very very simple. And is visually recreated, I also mess with a version (not in the lecture) where you reveal a place they think of. You can easily create your own method.

Banter: is matching jokes and punchlines on the cards. With a coincidence style feel to it. Usually present it as a light hearted joke exercise, but it can be easily adapted.

Flash Cover: This is another prediction effect, where the spectator thinks of a film. You show an incorrect dvd and then visually change into their thought of film. The presentation I use os quite light hearted again as thatís my character. But it could be done in a more mysterious way. But itís a mentalism piece I use in my shows Smile

Hope that helps.

Many thanks

Daniel Chard
curtisG
View Profile
New user
Great Falls, VA
35 Posts

Profile of curtisG
I've been following Daniel for a while, and have always enjoyed his style of magic. Can't wait for the release of the Penguin Live - I've already pre-ordered it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ Penguin Live By Daniel Chard - Stand Up Magic: Mentalism, Comedy And Card Magic (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL