The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » No Sense by Kyle Littleton (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Agreed. Review is dead on. There is a lot going on here. Several gimmicks in play here which usually means a more simplified handling. Not so here. Here, the gimmicks pretty much just act as a mask and the amount of work required to dance around the masks is significant. Premise is good but the method is less than efficient.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
I am actually looking forward to receiving this. This is going to be a great lead in effect to my other coin routines!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
My issue with this is the fact that I really, really like it. The story line leads itself to very funny possibilities. I'll either learn Kyles handling, (I think I know what's going on) which I don't think is too difficult at all with a little practice, or just modify it and do a total switch at the end. Either way I'll be getting it, very creative and funny coin trick that doesn't bore me to death LOL!
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I got this today and I do like it. However, I changed everything out for dollar sized gimmicks. It looks better and the handling is actually a little easier.
stevefaulkner
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of stevefaulkner
Hi all,
As KirkG has mentioned, the trailer doesn't show the clean-up. However, there isn't any off-camera ditching. Everything just gets put on the dirty hand at the end and away into the pocket. Or into the coin purse.
So though you end dorty, it's a pretty easy clean-up and nobody has yet to ask to look at anything.

Have a good day everyone Smile
Review Channel - Real Magic Review
https://youtube.com/realmagicreview

Podcast. Search 'Steve Faulkner's Magic Show' or
Apple https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/steve-faulkners-magic-show/id1484648736

Membership. https://www.onlinemagic.co

IBM UK Close-up Champion 2013
Award Winner at The Magic Circle Close-up Magician of the Year 2010
National Street Performing Champion 2009
British Street Performing Champion 2005
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Mine’s for sale if anyone wants it. $45 post paid
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1163 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Check out my interview with Kyle to learn more about this and his other new release 3G!

Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It's always nice to learn more about new releases. Thank you Murphy's for having these interviews.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
I’ve been working this since the session I absolutely love the plot I performed it today in a shop buying a watch strap they only had pink or very pink.

Blew them away the button is killer I love that part it’s so jarring.

For the clean up I place the coins in my quiver and turning them in to a tea bag which makes no sense it’s magic.

Great job Kyle he was my highlight of the session this year.

Kind regards

Kieron
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Love the tea bag idea Kieron!! Hopefully my set arrives soon.
ma91cm1ke
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of ma91cm1ke
Can anyone comment on the quality of the gimmicks?
I have already seen at least four of these on secondhand magic pages which naturally makes me sceptical. On the other hand it could be that people have realised that this actually takes practise and time to master so are putting it up for sale (which is fine, if its not for you its not for you!). Anyway, if someone who has this can provide some insight it would be much appreciated.

cheers

Michael
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
IMO, the gimmicks are pretty good. There are three gimmicks. And, if you think that makes it a self working trick, it's not. If you're into coins, a little practice and you should have it. If you're not into coins, it'll probably be a little more challenging.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Gimmicks are decent although the deep dish variety would have been better for better cover. The button is slightly rounded and that can make it a little tougher to control/conceal. My biggest issue is the noise factor at a couple points in the routine, especially phase 3. Doing the moves is one thing. Doing them silently is another.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:

For the clean up I place the coins in my quiver and turning them in to a tea bag which makes no sense it’s magic.

Terrific idea for a kicker - thanks for sharing.

The entire routine is a bit refreshing at a time when many folks seem insistent on finding meaning in magic. This one wears its randomness proudly. Very meta.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Adam evans
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Adam evans
I’ve also been working this, and all I can say is I love it, when some reviewers say it’s hard to do, it’s not yes it will take you time if your not a coin magician, just a few days rehearsals to get moves down is perfect. The gimmicks are awsomme well made to last a lifetime, reset takes seconds this to me is in my opinion the best trick of the year that actually doesn’t make sense😊😆
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I’ve been working on this for a month now and seem to have most of the noise issues solved and the handling down, with a couple of modifications. Kieron’s idea of cleaning up with a kicker using a Quiver purse is brilliant, so I went with that. It’s a great coin effect in our weird pandemic time because no one else needs to touch anything, it all occurs at chest height, and you don’t need to put anything on a table.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
This looks great on video. However, with people saying it is hard to do, the noise is a problem and angles are a problem, I will stay clear of it. Too small for stage shows, and when I do strolling, I have to be prepared for people looking over my shoulder. So this will not work for me but it looks great. Cheers!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
You can do this surrounded, I have. Just have to bring the coins down to chest level or a little below and bring them closer to your body and all will be fine. With a little practice the noise won't be an issue.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
Mine’s for sale if anyone wants it. $45 post paid

That good huh? Haha
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2019, Adam evans wrote:
I’ve also been working this, and all I can say is I love it, when some reviewers say it’s hard to do, it’s not yes it will take you time if your not a coin magician, just a few days rehearsals to get moves down is perfect. The gimmicks are awsomme well made to last a lifetime, reset takes seconds this to me is in my opinion the best trick of the year that actually doesn’t make sense😊😆

If Steve Faulkner who is absolutely brilliant at magic took 2 weeks to get it down smoothly then I 100% agree with him. Your few days of rehearsals I think are very misleading unless you are better than Steve which is possible but very highly unlikely imho Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » No Sense by Kyle Littleton (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL