The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is the holy grail in card magic (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Yes Joseph-er butYou Cant have the spectator shuffle the cards , my un holy grail does this
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mentalista78
View Profile
New user
VENICE
35 Posts

Profile of mentalista78
Thanks my friends magicians for yours private messages for my XAcaan!
i don't know if I sell..but I hope that you call me on webcam..and I show the performance!

steve.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4714 Posts

Profile of landmark
"But when I speak of HG tricks I am speaking of what is actually possible and out there already, not "theories" that would be HG IF you could do them. "

Ah, that's a different story. Sorry I misunderstood. Yes, I agree, the Invisible Deck presentation is probably the greatest card effect I've experienced.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
STEFANOS ACCAAN IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN TO DATE don't KNOW HOW MUCH HE SELLS IT FOR
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Steve, is it a normal deck ?
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Quoting sirbrad:
"But nonetheless there are many ways to make the spectator think that you actually did this anyway, and having a thought of card reverse itself is just one of the ways. The trick is usually a lot bigger in the spectator's memory than it actually really is, and with great misdirection and presentation it is even bigger. A lot of times magicians try to impress themselves first, then hope that the audience is also impressed. Sometimes they are, but sometimes their lack of knowledge and having no other comparison prevents them from fully understanding just how impressive something really was.

So sometimes it is the magician is who is impressed mostly, we call that "running without being chased". You also have to be careful about the "too perfect theory" as sometimes if something seems to be too perfect it usually is, and the only possible explanation that there is will also usually be the one that the audience will think of as well."

Yes perhaps this is a little off track but this is PURE GENIUS. Very deep and incisive thinking. Thanks so much, we all need to be reminded of this often. To "stay on track" in magic.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1998 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Thanks, yeah as many know on here I have always been a big fan of magic theory and presentation, and deep psychological thinking which is why I posted so many long essays on the subject in the past; back when I had more time to write. All based on my own experiences of doing magic for about 38 years now, and about 29 years professionally and counting. Sometimes you can even tend to "over-think" as well which I also do, which can also provide a lot of valuable lessons. So that is fine, as long as you are aware of it and know in the end what actually works.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
mentalista78
View Profile
New user
VENICE
35 Posts

Profile of mentalista78
Hi Rachmaninov,
yes normal deck!

Thanks Vinsmagic for your words!

steve
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1563 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2019, mentalista78 wrote:
Hi Rachmaninov,
yes normal deck!

steve

Looking forward to that!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

http://rubiksdream.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Affirming Mr. Pupkin,
Yes if you could really do magic, would you just have a card at a NUMBER.? In this day and age numbers are kind of boring. As sirbrad said, having a card appear at an impossible location is more memorable to the spectators.

So we are seeing glaring differences between what spectators consider impossible and what magicians use to fool each other. I would side with spectators. I have to get paid for my shows ok.
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
My days of performing are pretty much over, but the one effect I would carry around for a serious punch would be Oberon's "Bang On"
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1307 Posts

Profile of lynnef
For a bit of humor, there's a youtube out there of Steve Martin doing a thought of card effect for Johnny Carson. When Johnny names a card, Steve holding another card, shouts out... "you're wrong"! Lynn
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Excellent gag ! Especially for those who like to take risks !
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Dear lynnef, I cannot thank you enough. I will use that gag from now on. How about using it for naming someone personal too?

wow so funny. what a great gag especially if you end up right . You could pull so many laughs potentially out of this. I can't thank you enough!!!!!1!!!!!!!!@!!@@@!!!!!!!!
larotule
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of larotule
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2019, landmark wrote:
Single card face down on the table. Spec names a card. Turn over the card and there it is. Repeat two more times.

Quote:
On Jul 22, 2019, landmark wrote:
Single card face down on the table. Spec names a card. Turn over the card and there it is. Repeat two more times.

My five "holy grails" (magician POV)

1 - Derren Brown "Three Of Clubs" Force ...
2 - "Rain man" Sal Piacente (TRS System from Steve Forte)
3 - Move a Card
4 - Acaan
5 - Caan

Spectator's POV : Any DL card trick Smile
mentalista78
View Profile
New user
VENICE
35 Posts

Profile of mentalista78
Https://www.facebook.com/VocedelNord/vid......8749962/
XACAAN..NEW PERFORMANCE
KING OF HEARTS NUMBER 13..IMPROMPTU!
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
How can we learn your method ?
mentalista78
View Profile
New user
VENICE
35 Posts

Profile of mentalista78
I happy that you Like it!..
Rachmaninov
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Rachmaninov
Is there something with the strange dealing method ?
mentalista78
View Profile
New user
VENICE
35 Posts

Profile of mentalista78
No.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is the holy grail in card magic (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL