The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Combating sweaty hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drylid
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Ive been doing magic for about 20 years. Some off and on gigs but mostly in daily life doing it for anyone I have thechance to. One thing that has plagued me isthe curse of hyperhidrosis. Excessive sweating of the palms. Does anyone else suffer from this and if so how have you managed to keep it under control? Coin magic is almost impossible and cards warp quickly.ive found my ways around it but every now and then its just too much.
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of TomB
Dai recommended Chamberlain's Golden Touch Lotion, and people swear by it. I have never seen it at the stores. It may be an online order item.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8171 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Weeks & Leo Co. Inc. Des Moines, Iowa phone: 1 877 974 7167 >www.chamberlainlotion.com<

I've used it for years. My hands tend to be dry! (Everybody's body chemistry is "different"!)

I think an 8 1/2 oz bottle would be about $5.00. "Some" magic shops buy the 8 1/2 oz bottle and repackage it in small 4 oz bottles for $5.00!

Phone them for local distributors.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1502 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Going direct to the source with Chamberlains you may get the lower prices. On amazon, the 2ounce spray bottle is about $7.
I do agree with Dick as to the way this lotion works well for those with a dryer skin.

The OP mentioned having the opposite of dryness, sweaty/over wet palms. Here is a link with some ideas on home remedies of the issue in question.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life......57839371
Drylid
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I tried golden touch before. One post on here said that the alcohol assisted in drying uo sweat, but I had no such luck with it. Thanks for the link.
Kong
View Profile
New user
UK
35 Posts

Profile of Kong
I've no idea if it's widely used by magicians but alum does a really good job of drying skin. It also stops little nicks bleeding so I always have an alum block at hand when wet shaving. They're not expensive and can be bought at any wet shaving retailer. Might be worth a try?
Drylid
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I have an alum block ill give it a shot. Mostly I am just amazed that I appear to be one of the only magicians here with hyperhidrosis.
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of TomB
Have you tried Certain Dri?
They might have some permanent sweat gland removal treatments. Have you seen a dermatologist?
Drylid
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I have used That product before and it made my hands feel like needles were jammed in em. I guess I just gotta keep on doing what I'm doing. One note for any others who may suffer the same fate as myself, richard turners cards outlive any other deck ive tried by atleast 5 times
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Combating sweaty hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL