The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Newbie in Virginia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Plastiknever
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Plastiknever
48 years old. Interested in magic for a long time and would like to take the study more seriously.

I like the history of magic and have read lots of books on the subject, but have never really put the time in to study. Lurked around for a bit, and decided to take the plunge. I live in rural Virginia so don't really have a lot of local resources and have questions about handling of cards, chop cup, mentalism and things like that, so I'm working on getting those posts up to gain access to the inner circle area.

Thanks for letting me in and I look forward to meeting and talking to you.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Welcome to the magic Café, Plastiknever. Just curious, what books have you read?
Plastiknever
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Plastiknever
I’m currently reading Hiding The Elephant, I’ve read the Last Greatest Magician In The World, and The Glorious Decption Of Chung Ling Soo. Phantoms Of The Card Table. Reading but not practicing Revelation [Dai Vernon’s Annotated Expert), Malini and His Magic, David Ben’s Vernon biography. Don Alan In A Class By Himself. I’ve got Expert Card Magic and Modern Colin Magic and have read many parts over the years, the Fitzkee trilogy of which I have only read Magic By Misdirection. Alexander Hermann's Book Of Magic.

I just got Corinda’s 13 Steps and Harry Lorayne’s Apocalypse but have not dove into those yet.

There is more where that came from, but that’s long enough for now. Smile

I bought the Revelation and The Art Of Magic from Denny Haney’s shop many years ago and we talked about the importance of knowing the history which is very important to me, so it’s not so much a particular style as I just like knowing what has come before and seeing how things evolve. The only time I went there and the only time I met him so it was nice to make that connection.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Plastiknever,

I'd like to recommend : King of the Conjurers: Memoirs of Robert Houdin

I read this before I was a Magician and while I think there may be a little puffery, it was a great read.

-Mary Mowder
Plastiknever
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Plastiknever
Thank you Mary. I am always on the lookout for more books. Smile I will check it out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Newbie in Virginia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL