We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW David Regal Book: Interpreting Magic (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
614 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2019, MadisonH wrote:
I’ve now read all of the tricks in the book. I will make my second round reading the interviews more slowly.
Madison

Man! you are fast! I've only read through about 5 effects and 4 interviews.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Received the replacement book today in record time. Really appreciate David's quick action in getting it to me.

Have now read about two hundred pages and the book is fantastic. Buy it!
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I’m jealous of all of you who have gotten your books already! I ordered on 9/20 and still in pre-shipment purgatory :/ One day!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2019, Chris Aguilar wrote:
Received the replacement book today in record time. Really appreciate David's quick action in getting it to me.

Have now read about two hundred pages and the book is fantastic. Buy it!

I don't get it. Magic books with a myriad of routines, detailed instructions and essays of course ; how can you possibly absorb the content so quickly to determine how fantastic it is. I realize David Regal's work speaks for itself but it always bothered me regarding reviews of magic instructional books so quickly. Maybe it's just me.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
771 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Here's what I think: If you are reading my book, which took years of extraordinary effort to realize, and you like it, tell everyone and post everywhere.
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Reading David’s book...there is much to absorb, but that is what so extraordinary about the book...it is clearly written and photographed superbly. Plus you have input from many other magicians on their insight, ideas and theory on many aspects of magic. Thank you David for the immense amount of time, effort and expertise you have offered the magic community in this publication. Greatly appreciated.

Joe
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Received my book today! You guys weren't kidding; this is a very weighty, quality book. Looks like it will be a great, long read!
EvilClown
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, VA
125 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Mine arrived today too. Only had a moment to glance through it, but from a production quality perspective, this is top-notch. Clear photos, good paper, nice end papers. This is first class all the way.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
I read the first effect in the book ("The Magicians") with cards in hand. I worked through the moves a few times grinning from ear to ear. Today I shared it with some friends after work at our local hang-out...the reactions were far better than what I imagined.

Looking forward to learning (and PERFORMING) the effects he has shared in this great book...along the interviews with some of magic's best magicians.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1471 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I finished making up “David’s Bottle” today.

Wow. It is a beautiful item. The retention is stunning. Can’t wait to bring this one out in a show next month.

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 4, 2019, MadisonH wrote:

Wow. It is a beautiful item. The retention is stunning. Can’t wait to bring this one out in a show next month.

Madison

This post prompted me to check this out...CLASSIC Regal thinking! If you have the abilities to make this prop you'll have a piece of magic that will stay in your act forever.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3926 Posts

Profile of emyers99
What’s the effect?
trickyat86
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh, PA
331 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2019, emyers99 wrote:
What’s the effect?

Basically a utility prop that let's you do a mystery card or prediction in bottle effect. It's really clever.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1836 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Is "David's Bottle" covered in Interpreting Magic or somewhere else?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1471 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2019, Ray Haining wrote:
Is "David's Bottle" covered in Interpreting Magic or somewhere else?

It’s taught in the book this thread is talking about Smile

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
636 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2019, MadisonH wrote:

Madison

There's a good reason he noted that he wasn't initially interested in giving the details of that one up... It looks pretty good.
Steincat04
View Profile
New user
Texas
5 Posts

Profile of Steincat04
I'm a big Regal fan and ordered this when it was posted for sale. The book arrived and it's beautiful. Any recommendation on where/how to start - should I read in order, or jump to specific tricks and routines, saving the theory and discussion dialog for last? Just looking for any guidance for folks that have pieced their way through the entire book already - thanks.
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 7, 2019, Steincat04 wrote:
I'm a big Regal fan and ordered this when it was posted for sale. The book arrived and it's beautiful. Any recommendation on where/how to start - should I read in order, or jump to specific tricks and routines, saving the theory and discussion dialog for last? Just looking for any guidance for folks that have pieced their way through the entire book already - thanks.

that's a tough one...how do you typically approach a book on magic? I'm the jump around the book type of reader while others go cover to cover...some read the card effects first, others go to the parlor stuff. I guess the short answer is, "To each his own".
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of mayniac
I read from cover to cover. I figure that helps me read the book the way the author intended. I have found that the theory and interviews give a nice break from the tricks and vice versa. But yes, to each their own!
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2438 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
What are your top three effects in the book?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW David Regal Book: Interpreting Magic (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL