The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW David Regal Book: Interpreting Magic (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Has anyone received a shipment notification? My order was one of the ones that "slipped" through last month when ordering went live by mistake. I never even got a confirmation email from my order though - has me nervous about it.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
No email here either, other than the PayPal receipt.

Jim
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hi Everyone -

The books arrived just yesterday! I'm in Chicago shooting another season of The Carbonaro Effect so I engaged a major magic company to handle orders - you are in very good hands. I will contact them by the end of the week to make sure they are up to date with the orders, and I will stay in contact with you.

I realize that shipping domestically is cheap and shipping out of the country is expensive. I am paying the fulfillment company (and I turned down others) because they are saving you about $25 on every overseas purchase. Believe it or not, the USPS cost for shipping a medium flat rate box (the size of the book) is slightly over $70. The fulfillment company does immense volume and gets better rates... but yes - it costs a lot to ship overseas.

The book is one I've worked on for some time. It's a little bit different, and I think it worked out. It's my every hope that you consider it a good value.

Again, if you ordered I will take care of you - no worries!

David
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Great to hear. Thank you very much for the update David.
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, David Regal wrote:
Hi Everyone -

The books arrived just yesterday! I'm in Chicago shooting another season of The Carbonaro Effect so I engaged a major magic company to handle orders - you are in very good hands. I will contact them by the end of the week to make sure they are up to date with the orders, and I will stay in contact with you.

I realize that shipping domestically is cheap and shipping out of the country is expensive. I am paying the fulfillment company (and I turned down others) because they are saving you about $25 on every overseas purchase. Believe it or not, the USPS cost for shipping a medium flat rate box (the size of the book) is slightly over $70. The fulfillment company does immense volume and gets better rates... but yes - it costs a lot to ship overseas.

The book is one I've worked on for some time. It's a little bit different, and I think it worked out. It's my every hope that you consider it a good value.

Again, if you ordered I will take care of you - no worries!

David

thank you for your answer ,Do you think other dealers (I think Penguin) will sell your book?
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I am selling the book directly as it was a very expensive book to make.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I checked - the books have been shipping in a very efficient manner by the folks I'm using. You will be receiving them soon!
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
I also got in on early ordering and have seen the money applied to my PayPal account and have not received any e-mail of order received. Any why to check on orders?
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2019, Leo Reynolds Jr wrote:
I also got in on early ordering and have seen the money applied to my PayPal account and have not received any e-mail of order received. Any why to check on orders?

Same here. I trust David and I'm sure his
fulfillment company is taking care of everything. Perhaps there is no tracking information. Hope to have it soon though as I'm very excited.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
If anyone wants a tracking number I was given a printout of the shipping through yesterday. Email me at david@davidregal.com
Wordsworth
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Don't mind us, David. We're just working ourselves through the several steps of anticipating a new magic book:

First comes the helpless excitement, and statements that the author has never done us wrong, and we will be buying immediately, even if the book is not yet written.

Second, comes blind rage that the book is not yet written.

Third, come dark hints that we might want our money back, and how long does it take to write a book exactly? We actually don't want our money back, and genuinely would like to know how long it takes to write a magic book, because we honestly don't know.

Fourth, comes great joy that the book is shipping, accompanied by some dismay that the author has not contacted us personally to talk about that.

Fifth comes some muttering about the post office. Cost is always an issue, and we will point out that if the author would simply live closer to us, it would keep the cost of shipping down considerably.

Sixth and next in the current case of your book, will come some annoyance directed at our fellow magicians and Café denizens. Why have they not written a review yet? And yes, we realize that because of the post, they have not actually RECEIVED their books yet, but still. We WERE going to buy this book, back when we said we were going to buy it, and we WILL buy it, if someone will just buy it first and tell us what is in it, and whether we should buy it. And also.. which are your favorite tricks, and what page number are they on..?

But seriously.. thanks for giving us another book. The others have all been great, and that makes us eager. You'll probably be hearing from us again when Book of the Year is voted, I'd guess. I hope the book is a great success for you.
Joemv
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Joemv
Just ordered.....looking forward to diving right in to your book David. Want to thank you for all your magic expertise and sharing your ideas and thoughts.

Joe Smile
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Anybody get this yet?
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 24, 2019, strollingmagician wrote:
Anybody get this yet?

Nope. Mine is on the way, last scan was on the 21st with no new updates. Hopefully soon
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
Anybody get this yet?

i have just a sad lonely mailbox
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 24, 2019, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
Anybody get this yet?

i have just a sad lonely mailbox

Well mine certainly hasn't been lonely as it always seems to be stuffed with bills lol. Never a shortage of those
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
The first books out should be getting into your hands this week. They are shipped via UPS from California.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Received my copy today and this is a beautifully produced book.

There's a nice sewn binding, lovely paper stock (which seems a bit upgraded from the stock used for Approaching Magic) and what a wonderful upgrade to the photos! Cover design looks very cool sans dust jacket.

Can't wait to dig in and enjoy this book.
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
Got mine today. I ordered during the early bird mistake sale and all is good.

The book is a monster. Has to weigh a good 6-8 pounds. Can’t wait to start perusing.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I got mine today. Too heavy to pick up and read but will look great on the coffee table.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW David Regal Book: Interpreting Magic (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL