We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW David Regal Book: Interpreting Magic (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1143 Posts

Profile of reese
Me too. First read "a date with Marlo" ( an intro to a Marlo effect) Oh my. (Love Marlo) The book already has my vote for the heaviest book of the year. So glad I sprung for it.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
771 Posts

Profile of David Regal
"I gained knowledge and joy from every page of this book."
Norman Beck - M.U.M. Magazine

The shipping company is now sending out confirmations to purchasers including shipping/tracking numbers. They are doing an amazing, precise job and books are being shipped same-day.

Thank you all.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Mine should be here tomorrow 🙌🙌🙌

Super excited.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Same day? Not happening. I ordered on the 17th and no email here. (No book either!) But I remain patient.
:)
Jim
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
771 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hi Jim - I just meant they are shipped out of the warehouse usually on the same day ordered. They travel via UPS out of California.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks David. I'm not worried or upset.. I just figured I'd be a little contrary.

Jim
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
614 Posts

Profile of dman11
Well, what I thought was an auto accident in front of my house was just the sound of the book landing on my front porch. What a bruiser! Beautiful book, congrats and thank you David
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Got mine today!! Only briefly flipped through it but boy oh boy is this going to be fun to read. Great Job David and thank you again for sharing your amazing work with us.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
636 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Mine just arrived as well. And, yes, as everyone says: it's big and heavy and looks amazing. Still making my way through some other books from earlier this year, but this is getting added to the pile to read soon...
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
When you receive your book, check all the pages very carefully.

My copy has a major production defect with a block of about 20+ pages that are out order, contain duplicate pages, etc.

I've reached out to David via e-mail and hopefully he can get me going with another copy that isn't all messed up.

Not David's fault, but really aggravating/disappointing.

Here's a short clip showing the messed up pages order : https://photos.app.goo.gl/TcyAKyTHyCA9iuQB6
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1143 Posts

Profile of reese
Sorry to hear that Chris. And of course you know David will make good the printer's mistake. I went through my own copy and it's fine. Hopefully yours is a unique anomaly.
no2ss
View Profile
Special user
California
636 Posts

Profile of no2ss
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2019, Chris Aguilar wrote:
When you receive your book, check all the pages very carefully.

My copy has a major production defect with a block of about 20+ pages that are out order, contain duplicate pages, etc.

I've reached out to David via e-mail and hopefully he can get me going with another copy that isn't all messed up.

Not David's fault, but really aggravating/disappointing.

Here's a short clip showing the messed up pages order : https://photos.app.goo.gl/TcyAKyTHyCA9iuQB6

Yikes! I just checked mine and flipped through all the pages and it *seems* fine at first glance (I didn't check all 500+ pages, but did flip through the whole thing and spot checked as I went without seeing any problems). Sounds like you just got a dud. I'm sure David will get you a proper copy.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
771 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I just saw Chris' email (he wrote to me as well) and of course I'm taking care of him. I guess the new guy who works at the printing company showed up drunk one day.
CopperChopCup
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2019, David Regal wrote:
I just saw Chris' email (he wrote to me as well) and of course I'm taking care of him. I guess the new guy who works at the printing company showed up drunk one day.

I guess this makes the odd book more rare and valuable now?
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:

Thanks David!

I really appreciate your quick action on this and look forward to reading the book. The parts that I could read were terrific.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2019, CopperChopCup wrote:
Quote:

I guess this makes the odd book more rare and valuable now?

Hah, more like "Can't wait to get the fixed copy so I can throw this one in the garbage".

So far, it sounds like I might be the only person affected by this and let's hope it stays that way.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Got mine today and it is huge. See you in the spring have to dig in. Should be about half way thru this book by then.

Thank you David Regal
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1471 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Got mine in today as well. Already 115 pages in and there is some great magic between these pages and some wonderful advice. Can’t wait to finish the rest.

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I got my copy today. I love the colored photos.
I'm looking forward to reading this in the future.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1471 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I’ve now read all of the tricks in the book. I will make my second round reading the interviews more slowly.

There’s some wonderful effects. Some truly great impromptu card effects, some baffling card effects using gimmicks to help, some wonderful stand up pieces using a myriad of props and premises, and some very strong principles and concepts to help make your magic as incredible as it can be.

I am excited by a lot of the material. I love David’s ability to tell a story with his magic. Every routine is so entertaining and so memorable. It is really inspiring stuff. I believe he thinks deeply about his routines before they ever see the light of day, and this shows.

I will definitely be using some of the material in this book. My favorite thing taught is the one with a wine bottle. WOW it’s genius. I can see why David has kept it a closely guarded secret—talk about a perfect illusion.

Madison
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » NEW David Regal Book: Interpreting Magic (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL