The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm new to magic and this forum, is it okay to ask for how trick is done? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DemystifyThis
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DemystifyThis
Hi,

I'm new to magic and this forum, is it okay to ask here how a trick is done?

I'm interest in knowing how David Blaine does a new variation of a card trick, in which he shows the camera cards rifling and asks the viewer to select a card, and after rifling ends, he reveals what card the viewer selected.

I know how the old version of this card trick is done, in that, most viewers would select the last card to be shown in the rifling.

Can anyone clarify how the new variation of this trick is done? Thanks
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Not likely anyone will answer. If you post a video, someone may tell you a book or DVD you can buy to learn it though
DemystifyThis
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DemystifyThis
I'm trying to find the video. I'll post it as soon as I find it.
DemystifyThis
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DemystifyThis
Here is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9S3AWRxAso
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You might want to read our rules forum. This pretty much gives you a guide to everything on the Café. In short however, methods cannot be discussed. Once you reach 50 posts, you'll have access to the secrets forum where a more open discussion can be made
Where the magic begins
DemystifyThis
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DemystifyThis
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2019, Dave Scribner wrote:
You might want to read our rules forum. This pretty much gives you a guide to everything on the Café. In short however, methods cannot be discussed. Once you reach 50 posts, you'll have access to the secrets forum where a more open discussion can be made

Thanks I'll keep this in mind.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
808 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2019, DemystifyThis wrote:

It's not permitted to reveal methods here in the public fora. But that's a very widely done move. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find the answer.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
DemystifyThis
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DemystifyThis
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2019, danaruns wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2019, DemystifyThis wrote:

It's not permitted to reveal methods here in the public fora. But that's a very widely done move. It shouldn't be too hard for you to find the answer.

I'm unable to find any revelation on YouTube, hence this question.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I believe if you were to browse Ellusionist you can find some of the street magic dvds and the effect is included in there.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
If you went to a magic shop, I am positive they would have it for approximately 5 to 7 dollars. Magic shops wont tell you how it's done until after you buy the magic trick. That's just how it works.

The trick has origins all the way back to the first magic book The Discoverie of Witchcraft (1584). However, this trick was invented in 1909. As you can see it is not a new trick at all. A book was published in 1910 called Sealed Mysteries explaining how it was done.

If you want to know the mechanics of the trick and many more, see if you can find Encyclopedia of Card Tricks. You can also goto the local library. I believe this trick would be in most beginner magic books as well.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
It is a cute trick. I’m sort of sad to see it in a video, actually.

Demystify, are you just looking for an exposure or do you already do magic? What do you do when you want to perform a trick? Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?

It is a lot more pleasant to help out a new member of a community than a guy just passing through and expecting a handout without contributing to the group.

Patrick
DemystifyThis
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DemystifyThis
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2019, Mr. Woolery wrote:
It is a cute trick. I’m sort of sad to see it in a video, actually.

Demystify, are you just looking for an exposure or do you already do magic? What do you do when you want to perform a trick? Would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?

It is a lot more pleasant to help out a new member of a community than a guy just passing through and expecting a handout without contributing to the group.

Patrick

Hi, here is my introduction: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=42

In the David Blaine video I posted, I want to know how he pushes the card on the viewer, not how he flicks and changes the card. This is the old variation of his trick, in the new variation, it is different, I'm unable to find the new variation of the card trick.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Quote:
I want to know how he pushes the card on the viewer, not how he flicks and changes the card.

What has been posted above is as much as we are allowed to post without exposing the secret. Look for either the two books I mentioned or goto a magic shop and show them the video. They will probably show you the trick with a far superior routine. After you spend some money, you will be able to perform with some practice. It's a well known beginner trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm new to magic and this forum, is it okay to ask for how trick is done? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL