The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tornimation by Menny Lindenfeld (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2461 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Great review Tom! I'd already ordered this but your review has gotten me excited for delivery. Smile
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2019, MF Tom wrote:
Hi Guys,

Pls note this is my review based on 10-12 performances I had with Tornimation so I think I have performed it enough to have a valuable opinion BUT I can't say I performed it 50-100 times so I'm not master of the effect. So Lets start…

PACKAGING:

The packaging is proffesional and looks good I like it a lot. Everything is in a box and you can slide out the content of the box.

THE EXPLANATION:

The explanation is very good quality and Menny explains everything crystal clear. I think he is a great teacher I really like when I get the proper information but I don't feel that I was told 4 times the same thing and it makes the explanation 2 hours long and it extremely boring. This is not the case here Menny goes thru step by step on how to prepare the effect and how to do the Signed and the Non Signed handling.

The Routine and Handling:

I will be totally honest I thought I wont like this the reason is simple I thought its complicated and wont be comfortable to perform in a venue I mostly perform (close-up magic in corporate events and table hopping)

Once I watched the explanation and gave this a try and showed this to a friend I was suprised how easy it is. You know its a kinda moment when you watch the explanation but when you actually do it that's the point when you realise the effect itself and the feeling of it. Im unable to perform tricks that I don't enjoy performing I do magic to enjoy it and not to suffer in the situation.

The reaction I got was amazing and I really enjoyed performing it so I added it to my close-up set to give this a real world try next day.

I was prepared to do both the signed and non signed version and I tried both. I performed this effect as a closer of a 4 routine mini act. First I started with the signed version it and it hit really hard for a group of six people and they had a kind of a “fight” for who will keep the card.

Also I did the non signed version and If I want to be honest the reactions were equally very strong.

That leads to an interesting point. So I honestly think that you should do the signed version when you have a reason to do if you see that your audience really into what you do its a good idea to suprise them with this “magical” souvenir. I definetly wouldn’t do the signed version every single time since I can use the gimmick card over and over again if I perform it without the signature.

Which one is easier you ask? To be totally honest none of the versions are harder than the other they are simply different handlings. I really like every stage of the routine cause I can see that Menny put the mental work into it meaning everything you do there is logic in it. The routine is carefully constructed step by step with reasons behind every step and I like it a lot.

WHO IS IT FOR?

If you like highly visual routines I can really really recommend Tornimation its not hard to execute but require basic sleights like a riffle force…. It ends perfectly clean and its repeatable over again with minimal setup like 10 seconds…

If you like what you see Im fairly sure you wont be dissapointed for me it was a huge positive suprise, cause I was kinda sure it wont be for my taste and it absolutely is.

I hope my review was helpful. If you have any further questions pls don’t hesitate to PM me.

Tornimation is available at: https://tinyurl.com/y2mtpozy

Best,
Tom

Tom, I saw a PropDog video where they say that it takes about an hour to get the sliding action down so it's not ready to perform within minutes. Can you comment on this please? How much work to get this looking smooth and have you mastered that bit yet?

Thanks.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
How many gimmicks are supplied ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6113 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think the ad stated 52.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2179 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Is this the same as what he taught in his lecture some time ago??
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Ordered this yesterday from Alakazam.
Looking forward to playing with it ;-)
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Luke just shared some news.
Interview with Menny TOMORROW (August 1st) live in our studio!
Turn on your notifications so you don't miss it.
Also, he speaks on Magic Live, the NEW Cherry Deck and more!
Hear it from him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MurphysMagicSup......5249894/
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Get on your Facebook NOW! Menny is going LIVE from our studio in a few minutes!
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi everyone,

here is my review of Tornimation by Menny Lindenfeld.

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan
Tyler Lunsford
View Profile
Regular user
USA
125 Posts

Profile of Tyler Lunsford
Hey everyone!

I love the impossible souvenir you can give your spectator. I just posted a review of Tornimation on my YouTube channel.

If you wanna check out the unbiased review posted you can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3zJXZ9XnAo&t=162s

Thanks!
I hope you find this useful!
The_Spider
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of The_Spider
Anyone in the uk have this in stock that could get it to me by tomorrow?

Dean
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan

Cheers Kaan - useful review!
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1243 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I received this in the post today and am very happy with it, great idea from menny and cannot imagine how he thought up the gimmick for the card piece sliding up the edge of the card, well impressed!
I doubt anyone will be unimpressed with tornimation.

Kieran
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2019, magicman29 wrote:
I received this in the post today and am very happy with it, great idea from menny and cannot imagine how he thought up the gimmick for the card piece sliding up the edge of the card, well impressed!
I doubt anyone will be unimpressed with tornimation.

Kieran

The gimmick is insanely good!
This is a superbly crafted effect.
The best T&R effect bar none - and I should know I have them all. Smile
I’m seriously impressed with this trick.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
destinysunny
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of destinysunny
Does anyone know where you can buy refills?
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
484 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Refills are not available at this time.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
destinysunny
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of destinysunny
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2019, funnyclown wrote:
Refills are not available at this time.

I see. Thanks.
mentaldiego
View Profile
New user
Spain
55 Posts

Profile of mentaldiego
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2019, spaceman-sam wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Kaan wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hope it helps Smile

Best,
Kaan

Cheers Kaan - useful review!

Great review and very useful

thanks
Zargo
View Profile
New user
Germany
66 Posts

Profile of Zargo
I wonder if the refills are different card values? If performing in the same venue, I would like to have different cards...Hope the refill issue will solve too
Smile
Magic by Marko (Zauberer, Trick Artist from Germany)
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible"!
(Walt Disney)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tornimation by Menny Lindenfeld (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL