The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diamond Playing Cards by Diamond Jim and Phil Smith (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
10 bucks for Jim and 10 bucks for Phil. Makes sense now.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Ah poor old Pegasus, out of touch as always.

The Penguin deck is a game-changer in terms of price but generally the prices for DMC or these Diamond decks are still cheaper than marked decks of yore such as the speed reader. Cheaper still if you buy them by the brick which anyone using them habitually would probably want to do anyway.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
If they become available in the U.K. I’ll buy a deck that’s for sure.
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
I've bought and sold magic since 1986. I'm aware of our market, actually better than most. I was the manager for a magic shop as a young man for 7 years. I owned and ran a brick and mortar magic shop for several years as an adult.

I'd like to ask Eric Myers a question. Have you ever marketed an effect that has sold more than 10,000, 5000 or even 1000 units? I have. Do you know what it takes to turn a profit selling magic to our market? I spent upwards of $45,000 on this one project. A $20 deck, sells for $12 wholesale, and $8 jobber. I have to recoup my investment as quickly as possible. I also intend to make a profit to pay for other projects. I know that my price is spot on.

Are there more expensive marked decks? Yes.
Are there cheaper marked decks? Yes.
However the median price is $20.
$20 is a fair price.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
As I said, your deck looks nice, and you can certainly charge whatever you want. As the owner of pretty much every marked deck released in the last 30 yrs, have I paid $20 or more for a marked deck? Absolutely. Good marked decks used to be rare and harder to come by. My only point was that those days are gone. Now there are several great options including several that are well below $20. So the simple laws of supply and demand dictate that $20 is no longer fair market price. Again, however, that’s just my opinion. Sell them for $20, and I hope you sell a lot.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
If you think its too high, don't buy them.

I bought them (cost a load more than $20 to get them to the UK) and don't regret it one bit.
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
A review from Caroline Raven Https://youtu.be/lO38G0u2SmQ?t=126
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Diamond Playing Cards by Diamond Jim and Phil Smith (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL