The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Best One handed release harness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
What is the best one handed release harness on the market?
retrostylemagic
KSMagic2007
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
200 Posts

Profile of KSMagic2007
Andy Amyx's ultra-quick dove release holder is in awesome! Tou may have to play around woth it a bit when you get it to make it work for your dove, I did, but after that it is incredible (to see the steps to change it to fit your dove, see a thread I posted titled "Help needed for Andy Amyx ultra-quick release dove holder!")!
Kyle
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
I love Tony Clark's. There is no "release" you have to do, it is open the second the holder comes out- there is no fumbling and it works everytime. Just my opinion.
Zaubern Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is a difficult question, because I have not bought every one handed dove bag on the market to compare for you.

That can be rather expensive. I know that of all the ones I have purchased I like the Shamada and Chen-Kai release the best. They are very similiar.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I don't think there is an answer to this question. Like most dove work, it's a matter of taste and personal preference.

I use Gen Grants holders the most but that's probably because they were the first I bought and I got used to them. As Zaubern mentioned, Tony Clark's is awesome and his is the basically the same as the ones used by Amos Levkovitch.

I personally don't like the Shimada bags but that doesn't mean they don't work just as well as the others.

Peter White of P&A Silks makes an outstanding dove holder as well.

As Wmhegbli said, it is rather expensive to buy them all, at least at one time. I've gathered mine over the course of years so it didn't seem that expensive.

After comparing a few, you might even want to design your own method. That way it fits you and your routine exactly.
Where the magic begins
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Andy Amyx makes the best. Tony's has some issues where you can't always use it where you'd like to.
DANSPERRY.COM
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Try Bruno Ray's dove bag, the BEST in design & release..hook & eye with a unique twist in opening.....surpass General Grant's version..the Only dove bag that my doves enjoy...just like a winter bag.

the other one is by Andy Amyx's dove bag! Andy is a nice person & great doveworker & he help me a lot...thanks Andy! Check out his video too!
I own 2 of his dovebags...is very nice & unique cos the monment the release is hit, the dove just crawl out due to the free of tension...very fun to play with Smile

If you are looking for Instant release, then go for Amos levoitch's dove bag...Tony's version is a little hard to set up, both works the same way. BTW, I have a set of Amos levkovitch RED Twin Dove Production bag for sale with red silks..please pm me if you interested Smile

if you like shimada/ victor Cephas or Chen kai versions of dove bag release which I don't, you may opt for the Version by Bazar de Magia, they works the same way & made of satin...haha, remember I bought 3 Shimada's dove bag cost $45 ea sewn by her wife Denna in 1997..they are made of cloth Smile

Peterwhite I understand from him is made of silk, I not sure if bag make of silk is the best..but I opt for teffa ..also custom colour by silksraus which is the same material on bags used by Jonathan david Bass & Json byrne

Hope this helps Smile
doveboy
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Doveboy, just for your information, Peter Whites bags are made of silk however they are lined so the dove nails don't come through.

He also attaches and extra piece of silk to the outside of the holder so when it's produced, it looks like part of the silks you already have.
Where the magic begins
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I've seen some of the props for animals made by Bazar de Magia and I'd be careful with some of them. What I saw looked like a poorly made rip off of other people's designs. I bought a double load dove pan of theirs and it has never worked right, I really have to slap the lid down and push really hard to get it to release, pretty unnatural.

sperris
DANSPERRY.COM
abra
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of abra
I have used many different dove holders throughout the years and I have always went back to General Grants. I find his are most comfortable for the dove and easy one hand release.
imagique
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of imagique
For one handed dove bag releases, there is no reason for any kind of hooks, clasps, fasteners, velcro, springs, etc. if the bag is designed properly. My design holds the dove secure while in the pocket, hand or hanging by the loop/pull. Let go, the dove steps out, hello! Very similar to the sling in Marion Chavez Encyclopedia, but with a front "wall" that promotes a balance, correct pulling position, and security throughout the wait. Limited colors.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Best One handed release harness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL