The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Socks by Michel Huot (108 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, TuneHV wrote:
I like the premise. You could also have a picture of yourself wearing the socks to print out or text to someone as a prediction in case you don’t want to always be wearing the socks to perform it.

Now that is a practical idea!

I have to respectfully disagree. The whole appeal to this release is having your audience see you wearing the socks (their choice). Wearing them is FINAL (they cannot be switched etc.). If you're going to show a picture (of what might be multiple outs in a spectator's mind), why even bother doing this? You're better off performing an open prediction type card trick instead. I suggest choosing pants a little bit on the longer side and wearing the socks.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Munseys_Magic wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Reminds me a lot of jumbo coincidence by Aldo Columbini

You beat me to it, Paul (or you read my mind).

You guys beat me to it too! Amazing! You both musta' had a premonition of my thoughts! Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Khuluma wrote:
I like the idea, but for walk around, it appears you would need to borrow a lot of hands to perform this.

My version resets instantly.

What is your version.

Best

Steve

Only you pm me and I'll lay it out.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
This could also be used with Christmas Stockings in a variety of designs and colors besides just red and white, kids' mittens in a variety of designs and colors, cartoon fish in a variety of colors, pictures/drawings of circus clowns in a variety of different costume designs and colors.The key is to make the pictures difficult to categorize and remember in detail. Therefore dogs won't work as well because when you see a picture of a dog, chances are you put it in a dog category like collie, dachshund, terrier, and so on. When you see a bunch of socks in a variety of colors you are thinking only sock, sock, sock, sock. If they were solid colors, the trick wouldn't work as well because you are thinking RED sock, GREEN sock, PURPLE sock and those make the pattern of sock cards easier to recognize. So for us "do-it-yourselfers" who want to take this trick to new heights, be thinking of simple categories that have one main feature - clown, clown, clown, clown works for me for a kids' version. Now for a finale.....
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Old premise, Paul Daniels did it with real socks on his BBC series three decades ago.

I don’t see what cheapening the ending with a matching card trick type premise adds to it, surely the big finish theatrically is that you stand up and show the socks you’re wearing match the ones they picked?

Can’t help thinking a simplified version where they randomly take two cards, you play it like it’s going to be a matched pair and they’re not, so you show they match your socks makes way more sense.

Fits in your top pocket and you get a few minutes and some laughs out of it, so looks worth picking up.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, MickNZ wrote:
Old premise, Paul Daniels did it with real socks on his BBC series three decades ago.

I don’t see what cheapening the ending with a matching card trick type premise adds to it,

Adds about GBP40 or USD60
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, kieronthemighty wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, Michel Huot wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Very good but not paying 40 pounds for a pair of socks and some crappy cheap cards.

You're not just buying the props 🤦

I'm not a fan of the kicker ending but that selection was insanely clean. Is it always this clean, Michel Huot?

Hey Patrick, 90% of the time, it is that clean. I explain how to do it that clean and also what if it does not work. For the audience, it will always look the same.

For everyone reading, I promise you have a trick that is a real worker and that you will have fun performing. Is it Mentalism, Magic or whatever??? I don't care what we call it...my audience either. I just know that it is fun. I have been performing that trick for years and it gets huge reaction.

have fun with it!
:)

Absolutely love this bought it straight away personally I thought this was on the cheap side. I will be putting this in my show straight away.

Kind regards

Kieron

If it’s such a Bargain I would buy 2 seats , you never know when a spare set will come in handy especially if your on your feet all night the pair supplied might get a little sweaty

My thoughts as well that why I bought two sets.

I’m pretty sure this will make my parlour shows had a lot of thoughts already on alternative endings.

Kind regards kieron
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Road tested this ten times at today’s afternoon tea booking.
Love it and it’s staying in my working set. The socks get laughs on the reveal too. Plays well across different classes of spectator too.

Not much needs to be said about this really, the demo’s pretty clear, it has a simple premise, and delivers on its promise.

If you’re going to gig with this, it’s worth 10x the price.

Hope this helps
Dominic
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Watch the demo. The second sock does not match the card at all and he’s already dealt half way through before he gives instructions to stop. Lol.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I can definitely see the entertainment value in this! I think I’m sold. I lfavor kicker endings that you kni=ow they do NOT see it coming. This definitely has this.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:
Watch the demo. The second sock does not match the card at all and he’s already dealt half way through before he gives instructions to stop. Lol.

🙄
The sock DOES match
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Love it and it’s staying in my working set. The socks get laughs on the reveal too. Plays well across different classes of spectator too.

Not much needs to be said about this really, the demo’s pretty clear, it has a simple premise, and delivers on its promise.

Hope this helps
Dominic

Thanks man. Smile
The more you will do it the more you will like it

Out of curiosity, do you finish with the sock revelation or the matching cards?
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Lets not call this mentalism though, eh... Smile

It could barely pass as Mentalism ..... Then the pairs of cards match for a "kicker ending".... That takes it soooooo far out of the Mentalism arena it's not Mentalism.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, Jared wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, TuneHV wrote:
I like the premise. You could also have a picture of yourself wearing the socks to print out or text to someone as a prediction in case you don’t want to always be wearing the socks to perform it.

Now that is a practical idea!

I have to respectfully disagree. The whole appeal to this release is having your audience see you wearing the socks (their choice). Wearing them is FINAL (they cannot be switched etc.)..

Speak for yourself .... I'm a grown man and know how to change a pair of socks..... My wife gives me permission to do so! Lol Smile

I can't see these fitting me - no answer yet from vanishing as to whether sock refills will be available, I tend to go through socks quite quickly.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Getting ready to take some photos in order to make some cards for Christmas Socks:

https://www.amazon.com/Flameer-Mannequin......7JNQBW6R

https://www.amazon.com/Pairs-Colorful-Fa......7JGC51KB

Maybe we should set up an exchange for this.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, Michel Huot wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, Dominic Reyes wrote:

Hope this helps
Dominic

Thanks man. Smile
The more you will do it the more you will like it

Out of curiosity, do you finish with the sock revelation or the matching cards?

I've tried just doing the sock reveal, and also continuing to the card match. After trying both, I agree with you... The card match is great after the sock reveal.

For me this is not going to be a closer in any of my sets. Not for any other reason than I already have closers that are fully worked, tried and tested pieces for me already and I don't mess with that lightly... so after the sock reveal, I pause to soak up the reaction, then as I'm moving on to another effect anyway... It might as well use the cards on the table from socks... so the match reveal makes a great 'follow up' trick, rather than a climax.
That make sense? It's hard to explain... You know what I mean..

A couple of times I've done it to groups that don't 'need' tricks that require mental energy or focus... you know the types... For that.. The sock reveal can be the ending. It's half the routine, but makes up for that by being quick to a good climax and a funny ending..

I enjoyed field testing this one. It's not a product I've been involved in developing, and I've no incentive or extra margin to push this item over any other new releases this week, but for me it's the cream of the crop. It's staying in my working set.

Hope this helps
Dominic
aheller5
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of aheller5
I hope they sell extra socks!!!!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
In regards to whether this is mentalism or not I would like to point out that these socks are so unfashionable they definitely fit most mentalists.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
In regards to whether this is mentalism or not I would like to point out that these socks are so unfashionable they definitely fit most mentalists.

😂😂😂😂😂
I’m a mentalist and I find this hilarious. Well done Unmasked Magician.
It's all in the reflexes.
Hustler2014
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Hustler2014
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, pegasus wrote:

LOL yes, I thought the same thing?! 2mins into the demo, the card clearly shows yellow socks with green stripes, but the sock reveal shows green socks with yellow stripes... NOTHING LIKE THE CARD!

That for me is a deal-breaker, if those are the socks that are supplied?!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Socks by Michel Huot (108 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL