The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (145 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
With the ending of the 3 Mentalists and the Paul Brooks podcast, I've been kinda kicking around the idea of doing a mentalism podcast myself.

Well, I went ahead and put together the first episode of The Mystery Arts Podcast.

You can check it out at:

http://mysteryartspodcast.com/

It's currently hosted on Soundcloud, but if there's interest going forward, I'll get it on Apple and the other main platforms.

I have a background in music and audio, so even if you don't like my opinions, at least the audio sounds professional!

The first episode is sort of a pilot, and I'm still considering which direction I might want to go with the podcast.

This one is me introducing myself, giving my opinions on some of the 'standard' arguments (magic vs mentalism, etc) and talking a little about my performing philosophy. I also do a short review segment, where I review 'Phasma' by Phedon Bilek and 'Avalanche' by Paul Harris presents.

Would love to hear what you guys would like to hear on future shows, whether that's topics, guest suggestions, performing or routining discussions, etc. Feel free to post in this thread or in the comment box on the website.

Also, if you yourself are a performer, creator or otherwise have an interesting story with regards to the Mystery Arts, and you would be interested in being a guest, please contact me and we'll set up a time to have a conversation.

Cheers!

Matt
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1349 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Well done, Matt. Appreciated your comment, "Let's be unifying, not divisive" re: magic and mentalism.

Also liked and agree with your insight that "art can be life-changing".

You have a good voice for podcasting....easy to listen to.

Looking forward to future episodes!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Cool, thanks!

Please do let me know if there are any topics you'd like to hear covered or guests you think I should hit up. It's wide open right now.

Cheers
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
BillGladwell
View Profile
New user
Punta Gorda, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of BillGladwell
Hey Matt,

Are you distributing your podcast broadly, or are you keeping it exclusive to SoundCloud?
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Nice.Enjoyed it. I think we have a lot in common.
Lakewood, Ohio
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, j100taylor wrote:
Nice.Enjoyed it. I think we have a lot in common.

Thanks! Episode 2 is already in the works.

Quote:
On Aug 3, 2019, BillGladwell wrote:
Hey Matt,

Are you distributing your podcast broadly, or are you keeping it exclusive to SoundCloud?

If there's interest, I'll definitely get it on Apple and the other major podcast option. Just using SC as an easy way to test the waters.

EDIT: I guess it's easier than I thought to get it on Apple. I should be able to set that up very soon.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
BillGladwell
View Profile
New user
Punta Gorda, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of BillGladwell
If I can make a suggestion... You can upload it for free to Anchor.fm.

Anchor will take care of getting your podcast on all of the major podcatchers. It is a very easy way to shoot your podcast out to multiple platforms with very little effort.

Anchor continues to get better and better. Spotify recently purchased them, and as of now the service is still free to use.

A side gig of mine is producing podcasts for several successful podcasters, and we utilize Anchor frequently due to it’s ease of use for distribution.

I haven’t listened to your podcast yet, but I will within the next day or so. I am looking forward to it.

Bill
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Oh, lol, I wish I had read this about an hour ago

I just manually submitted my RSS to Apple, Google, Stitcher and Spotify. Oh well!

I'll check out Anchor though, Thank you for the tip.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Rik Gazelle
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
118 Posts

Profile of Rik Gazelle
I have just been listening to the 1st one. A good introductory episode and it is always interesting to hear someone debating their opinions with themselves Smile

Personally I would like a little jingle or some sort of obvious break that divides the podcast into its various sections. Without that it can feel a little like a ramble. Just my opinion. I look forward to the next episode.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I’ll subscribe when it is on Apple
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, Rik Gazelle wrote:
I have just been listening to the 1st one. A good introductory episode and it is always interesting to hear someone debating their opinions with themselves Smile

Personally I would like a little jingle or some sort of obvious break that divides the podcast into its various sections. Without that it can feel a little like a ramble. Just my opinion. I look forward to the next episode.

Thanks!

Will do, great idea.

Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, Chris K wrote:
I’ll subscribe when it is on Apple

Awesome. I'll post when it is. Hopefully in the next couple days, it's been submitted.

Next episode is going to be about the early history of mentalism! Definitely should be interesting.

Cheers,
Matt
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2264 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Cheers and good luck, looking forward to it!
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
793 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Wow! Nice!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
810 Posts

Profile of lin
Enjoyed it, thank you!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, lin wrote:
Enjoyed it, thank you!

Thanks!

I have a handful of guests lined up already for future episodes, definitely stay tuned.

Ultimately I'm planning on an episode a week, but I'll have episode 2 out in a few days.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
BillGladwell
View Profile
New user
Punta Gorda, Florida
14 Posts

Profile of BillGladwell
Hey Matt,

I got the chance to listen to your first episode this evening. Great job! I am looking forward to further episodes.

Bill
Adam Meier
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Great podcast! Hope you continue making more episodes.
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:
Oh, lol, I wish I had read this about an hour ago

I just manually submitted my RSS to Apple, Google, Stitcher and Spotify. Oh well!

I'll check out Anchor though, Thank you for the tip.

Hi Matt, is there any chance you can add the RSS feed as a link on the website? I personally use something other than Apple Podcasts or Spotify to listen to my podcasts, as I guess a lot of people do, and I can easily just paste an RSS link into my podcatcher, would love to subscribe.

Many thanks.

Richard.
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1349 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2019, Last Laugh wrote:

Next episode is going to be about the early history of mentalism! Definitely should be interesting.

Nice...looking forward to this!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2019, rmorrell wrote:

Hi Matt, is there any chance you can add the RSS feed as a link on the website? I personally use something other than Apple Podcasts or Spotify to listen to my podcasts, as I guess a lot of people do, and I can easily just paste an RSS link into my podcatcher, would love to subscribe.

Many thanks.

Richard.

Our RSS feed, if you want to manually subscribe is:

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundc......unds.rss

Edit: looks like the Café is truncating the address. Make sure to get the whole thing.

I'll put it on the site too though!

Also it's on Stitcher now:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mystery......fid=stpr
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (145 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL