The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (161 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
574 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I've been friends with Matt for a few years now, and he is one of the most intelligent guys I know(and one of my closer friends, even though we really only talk online). I am really happy he decided to do this podcast, because he deserves the recognition he is getting from this show. I know it's going to only get better and better.

Good on ya, brother!
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
174 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I've been listening to these and they are very enjoyable. Taylor's view of magic vs. mentalism is spot on!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3349 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, GlennLawrence wrote:
I've been listening to these and they are very enjoyable. Taylor's view of magic vs. mentalism is spot on!

Yeah I thought that was really interesting. On the surface it sounds like we have slightly different view points, i.e. I usually say that magic and mentalism are different (yet related) art forms and he sees them on a spectrum but the same general art, but dialing down, I think we are just expressing a very similar view point in a different way.

It's an interesting an idea, that the window of believability is more important than the actual type of effects.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Looking forward to the next episode. Any hints of what's coming next?
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3349 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Episode is just being edited, it'll be up soon!
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1079 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Yay!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3349 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Okay, it's up!

This week's episode is an interview with Iain Dunford.

It should have hit your feed if you're subscribed, or can be streamed at Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/mysteryartspodcast/04-iain-dunford
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Uh oh...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Smile looking forward, probably going to listen tomorrow!
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

BTW I would say Ecce Loquor is very applicable to an appearance on a podcast.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

I'm happy for it to be reviewed on there, but I didn't wanna talk about it as it felt like a plug and I didn't do the interview for free advertising...

But hopefully someone will review Ecce in Mentally Speaking at some point for good and bad..
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

I like that. Thanks in advance. And my statement still stands I would say, as Look, I Speak applies to ... well, every podcast Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It was a mild nod to Nietzsche by the way, and one of the chapter titles...
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Oh really, I was wondering what you were referring to... Haven’t read any Nietzsche but did Classical Studies for two years, so I just translated it. What are you alluding to in Nietzsche and why? (Always nice to broaden my intellectual horizon!) Or do you explain that to Matt in the podcast?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Wonderful episode!

Great to hear IAIN's voice after reading his writings for years.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
"Ecce Homo: How One Becomes What One Is is the last original book written by philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche before his final years of insanity that lasted until his death in 1900"

He was quite misunderstood, had lots of interesting things to say and was an influence on me. Same with the Stoics.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18346 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, Stunninger wrote:
Wonderful episode!

Glad you enjoyed it...voices always sound different when recorded eh...I sound deeper in my head!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1702 Posts

Profile of 252life
Listening now and really enjoying it. Good stuff thx Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3349 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

I'm happy for it to be reviewed on there, but I didn't wanna talk about it as it felt like a plug and I didn't do the interview for free advertising...

But hopefully someone will review Ecce in Mentally Speaking at some point for good and bad..

Yeah, Iain was adamant that we didn't do plugs for his new book in the interview. I respect that of course, and I even edited out a short reference that I snuck into the interview. I did mention it in the wrap up, though.

However it wouldn't be 'free advertising' because Iain spent an hour of his time and helped to give me some great content for my show! That's how I think about it, I want it to be a win win. Anyway, I did link to the Lulu in the show description, so I hope he gets a little boost at least!

Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, Stunninger wrote:
Wonderful episode!

Glad you enjoyed it...voices always sound different when recorded eh...I sound deeper in my head!

I bet you sound deeper in person too. Your computer picks up a narrower range of frequencies and doesn't get bass. I have a nice mic and I'm right up on it so it sounds bassier. Kind of a cheat, really.

I was trying to find a way to say this on the pod, but just left it out, cause it sounds very wrong if you don't hang out at the Café, but I'll post it here:

Iain was so nice! Pleasantly surprised at what a gentleman he was. Lol... I
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Ah. Influenced by Zeno. Reflected in the calm and composed nature of your posts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (161 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL