The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (65 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
592 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I've been friends with Matt for a few years now, and he is one of the most intelligent guys I know(and one of my closer friends, even though we really only talk online). I am really happy he decided to do this podcast, because he deserves the recognition he is getting from this show. I know it's going to only get better and better.

Good on ya, brother!
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Regular user
Randolph NJ
141 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I've been listening to these and they are very enjoyable. Taylor's view of magic vs. mentalism is spot on!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3061 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, GlennLawrence wrote:
I've been listening to these and they are very enjoyable. Taylor's view of magic vs. mentalism is spot on!

Yeah I thought that was really interesting. On the surface it sounds like we have slightly different view points, i.e. I usually say that magic and mentalism are different (yet related) art forms and he sees them on a spectrum but the same general art, but dialing down, I think we are just expressing a very similar view point in a different way.

It's an interesting an idea, that the window of believability is more important than the actual type of effects.
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Mentalism Podcast - The Mystery Arts Podcast (65 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL