The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rejoined Express by Joao Miranda Magic and Julio Montoro (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not sure if these loyalty cards exist in the UK
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, pegasus wrote:

There are places in the uk that do loyalty cards but not sure about these two, but in the presentation he mentions that they are old ones.
Don’t think this is an issue. I will be picking this up
spaceman-sam
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of spaceman-sam
I pre ordered mine. A nice restoration that doesn't involve playing cards. Got to be worth a go...
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
Looks great. But what do you do when they ask you to join the other 2 pieces?
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
Well those are thrown away before you start the restoration
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I placed an order for this because it's nice to have a miracle of this magnitude sitting in your wallet for the right occasions. Of course, that's not to say that the trick isn't strong enough to use for paid gigs. But I do like how impromptu and unprepared this should look to spectators.

I wouldn't worry about the extra pieces; just casually place them into your pocket while you focus on the restoration...Out of sight, out of mind.

This effect is similar to Anniversary Waltz where there's a good chance that the spectator may keep the restored article to tell others about your performance. So, this really does have the potential to pay for itself with future bookings.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, pegasus wrote:

You need to market them! You can make millions brother!!! Smile
Here in the U.S., they're everywhere.... Coffee shops, smoothie places, Chinese restaurants, strip clubs, sushi bars, and even Blockbuster (old movie rental stores) had them...

I just checked. I actually have 3 in my wallet. No, not the strip club one!!! LOL. I save my 1's for Magic!!!

I am going to purchase this. It will be a fun one to carry around for sure. I can show my current ones, then go to this.

Mike
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, magic_tony wrote:

Audience management. Just go into another effect. "You think that was cool? Check this out"
Or talk about some of the other cards you have in your wallet.... I currently have a few.
Take out one of the other cards you have and do a "business card effect". Peek, or whatever....

Same thing when performing any other effect and they ask you to do more.
Jared's answer is good as well and is another option.

But, your question is valid for sure my friend and got me thinking. Thanks for asking on here.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2019, magic_tony wrote:

I would just tell them that it was hard enough to do it once and I don't think I have enough left in my tank to do it again. But check this out......(and directly go into something else)
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Perfect answers to magic-tony’s question . These things are so easily controlled and hardly ever arise anyways Gaz 🙂
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
I never had anyone asking me to do the same with the other halfs.

The spectators are so amazed with this trick that I honestly think they will never forget the experience that this effect provides.

Honestly this effect looks as real magic for the audience.

Usually I let the spectator himself tell me that the loyalty card is outdated because I always say: I will try something with this cards.. I think they are outdated..
(And I keep looking at the card searching)

And then the spectator tells me: yes yes here is the date.. it is outdated

So I pretend I am not sure it is outdated and wait for the spectator to confirm
that to me and that even makes things more realistic.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
If this looks as good in real life as it is on the demo then I have to agree it does look like real magic.
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2019, Joao Miranda wrote:

Here is a SLOW MOTION performance of Rejoined Express:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_4AaaY6Nps

Enjoy!

João,

Thank you for the slow-motion video. It looks great! I'll be picking one up. Smile

D.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2019, RNK wrote:
Except in the slow motion performance he is not showing the clean-up as he does in the other full performance. It's a little deceiving, IMO.

To quote what you said to me when I complained that an effect being sold didn't even have a trailer

" Seriously? Knowing what the prop and effect is, if you really need to see a full routine then this is obviously not for you. Not to be mean but how long have you been involved in magic?"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2019, RNK wrote:
Except in the slow motion performance he is not showing the clean-up as he does in the other full performance. It's a little deceiving, IMO.

To quote what you said to me when I complained that an effect being sold didn't even have a trailer

" Seriously? Knowing what the prop and effect is, if you really need to see a full routine then this is obviously not for you. Not to be mean but how long have you been involved in magic?"

Umm, Ok. My statement had nothing to do with "knowing what the effect is and what happens", the effect is obvious and a very old method. I guess I will take the time to try and explain what my statement was referring to since you obviously have not a clue. My statement was directed to Joao's comment about the slow-mo demo being a "full uncut performance", which it is not. Now, before you go spewing some nonsense, of course we all know (well, maybe not you but most magicians would) what happens in the edited part of the slow-mo demo, but the statement that the slow-mo demo is a full uncut performance is not true. Hope I spoke that clearly enough for you Warren. Starting to wonder actually if you and not the Masked Magician is Karl?
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
Join Luke Dancy on Facebook LIVE tomorrow (August 14th) at 12pm PST as he interviews the master, Joao Miranda. Hear more about Rejoined Express as well as his other releases - and maybe some up and coming effects (but shhhh.. don't tell anyone).
Get your questions answered in REAL TIME!
Be sure to turn on your alerts so you don't miss a thing!
https://www.facebook.com/events/2280477855404778/
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2019, RNK wrote:
If this looks as good in real life as it is on the demo then I have to agree it does look like real magic.

Yes, the reactions I get with this are the best.

AND unlike other type of effects that come with 20 or 40 refills, I decided to include 150 refills, so it is 150 performances which will last you for a long time.

I really think it’s good value for the investment.
leosx1
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of leosx1
A torn and restored effect looks much more organic and better imho if the object is restored to where it was originally torn at.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Just finished watching the tutorial and must say I like this alot. It is so simple to perform that out of the 150 refills that is included you will probably use 1 on practising.
As I said I have just finished watching the tutorial so haven't had a chance to perform this on anyone just yet but with the easy handling Im sure it'll fry whoever my next victim is.

Kieran
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
I have to say we were big fans of the original version so based on the fact that the method is kinda the same we knew this will me awesome. The cards are very good quality and the "outdated" part of the routine just makes this issue fly by nobody will care once you just mention this and you act like casually and not like proving something.

If you like the premise Im sure you will like this a lot and also this is a highly visual and memorable go to effect and it really seems organic, done with everyday "meaningless" objects. I think this is an awesome release and the amount of cards just ridiculous its really a lot you get 3 times more than it came with Rejoined and that was a lot too 40 or 50 gimmicks if I remember correctly.

Price point is absolutely reasonable for this too.

So for me, this is a no brainer I will use it and have it on me for a long time to come.

Rejoined Express Available at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/products......46956106 and we provide same-day shipping. Smile

Best,
Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rejoined Express by Joao Miranda Magic and Julio Montoro (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL