The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Good Resource for Mem Deck Routines (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3029 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have my own memorized stack. I randomly shuffled the cards and memorized them. So I am looking for a good resource of memorized deck routines that does NOT rely on the Aronson or Tamariz stack.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1007 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Rowdymagi5,

Mnemonica by Tamariz
In Order to Amaze by Pit Hartling
Buena Vista Shuffle Club by Matt Baker
Handcrafted Card Magic volumes 1, 2 & 3 by Denis Behr

are all excellent resources for stack independent memorised deck tricks and routines

Mark
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Let me add Simon Aronson's "Simply Simon"... a fantastic book with a lot of stack independent routines. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
I've said it before and will say it again, for me in my humble opinion, Darwin Ortiz in Lessons in Card Mastery and Scams and Fantasies has the most practical, workable and hard hitting memdeck material available. For me at least it ticks all the boxes, usuable in the real world, as it keeps your stack in tact, commercial routines and REALLY strong magic. If you did nothing but learn his memdeck material from those two books you would be set!
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, South Carolina
911 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Both Tamariz and Aronson's books have sections devoted to stack-independent tricks. I think they're well worth reviewing for ideas on how to deploy a mem-deck. I use the Aronson stack, but I also own Mnemonica and even use some of the effects from it.

In addition, I like to read card trick books with the question in the back of my mind, "How could this trick be better with a memorized deck?" You'll find some amazing ideas if you read with that in mind.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.psychiccpa.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4646 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Michael Close has some great epub books on memdeck work as well as some recent and possibly more upcoming online workshop type things he does. I do not personally have his books that cover memdeck but I would venture to guess there is some non-stack dependent stuff. I do have his 3 books on Palming and love the way he formats them. The books come both in PDF and ePub so you can use a huge number of free and/or paid readers. The part I love is that he will be discussing different grips (good and bad) and suddenly there is a blue text link that takes you to a private YouTube Video where he shows you what he means. Once done, you go back to your place in the book and continue on. Color photos are also scattered thru the book also.

https://www.michaelclose.com/ He also puts out a nice monthly newsletter FREE for subscribers and you wont get spam from signing up.

Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
rosstrainer08
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of rosstrainer08
Ortiz - Lessons in Card Mastery
Hartling - In order to Amaze
Behr - Handcrafted card magic
Tamariz - Mnemonica
Aronson - Simply Simon
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
Greg Chapman's two books also offer a lot of great ideas as well as his own stack.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Good Resource for Mem Deck Routines (7 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL