The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is in your collection? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
143 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
Mine is quite small...
I have a first edition "Secrets of Houdini."
A second edition, signed "Bobo's Modern Coin Magic", a Houdini autograph, and a ton of Andre Kole/Robert Gurtler items. I am currently in talks to get a couple of George posters...what does everyone else have?

BTW...anybody have Kole/Gurtler items?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have an autographed Slydini book (autographed to Sidney Marshall), an autographed Dai Vernon Book of Magic, that is signed twice. One of the autographs is to Stanley Jaks. It's also signed to Jaks by Harry Stanley (publisher). There's a hand-written letter from Vernon to a friend of mine typed into the book. Lots of autographed books in the 2000 book collection. I also have a few Anverdi items (one extrememly rare)and a matching set of leather dice cups from Pressley Guitar. One's a chop cup with magnetic die. More stuff in my collection than my wife cares to discuss...at least until I'm dead and she starts selling the items. Maybe I will take it all with me. I'll be buried in my 1940 Abbott's Canvas Covered Box illusion...heh heh.

Steve Thomas
Kardenni
View Profile
Regular user
Orlando Florida
116 Posts

Profile of Kardenni
I have Lance Burton's autograph!
First Edition of the Resturant Workers Handbook signed by Jim Pace.

Those are pretty significant to me.
Smile
knightmagic98
View Profile
Regular user
Frisco, TX
143 Posts

Profile of knightmagic98
I just got two George posters!!!!
Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
I have Norm Houghton's copy of Greater Magic - sixth impression, Revised edition
guido
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
152 Posts

Profile of guido
I have 2 of Albert Goshman lecture notes with his signatures from the 1960's.
Smile
Jeff Hinchliffe
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, ON Canada
280 Posts

Profile of Jeff Hinchliffe
My collection is still rather small also...

I have a 1st Edition of THE DAI VERNON BOOK OF MAGIC autographed, and a 1st Edition of THE CARD MAGIC OF LePAUL autographed.
I have a 1st Edition of LEARNED PIGS AND FIREPROOFED WOMEN autographed by it's author, Ricky Jay. The autograph is actually to Ed Bruce, who was a prominent Toronto magician for some time. I got the book in an auction.
I have a 1st edition of Sir Walter Scott's LETTERS ON DEMONOLOGY AND WITCHCRAFT, it's not magic, but quite an interesting read. BTW, all of the above books were purchased from Tom Ransom, as I am only 19 and therefore could not have gotten these autographs personally, unfortunately.
Pick a card, any card...
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Also have an original Stull Watch with instructions, and a very recent addition, "Cards as Weapons", first edition, hardback. Got a great bargain on that one!

Steve Thomas
ABalcom
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
3 Posts

Profile of ABalcom
Small book collection:
500+ current & antiquarian books dating back to the 1700's.

Magazine / Manuscript Collection:
1000+ titles.

Table Collection:
Several dozen various antique Thayer, Owens, Abbott's, etc. tables.

Poster Collection:
Every Abbott's Get Together poster.
Large assortment of posters dating back to the early 1900's.

Promotional Photo Collection:
Too many to begin listing.

Autographs:
I have most from all current "names" in magic, as well as signatures from Houdini, Blackstone (Sr. & Jr.), Henning, etc.

Apparatus:
Lots of small apparatus parlor apparatus, as well as antique stage illusions.

I like to keep my collection as diversified as possible, and am always looking to add new, but most importantly, unqiue items to it.

With respect,
Aaron Balcom
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I have a lot of things.

I have a letter from OKITO, and some of his possessions that David Copperfield WISHED he had.

One of my favourite things is the trade I did with Uncle Harry [Blackstone,Jr] a year before he passed away. He asked me to find him another copy of a piece of sheet music for him, and I said I would if he sent me his broadway poster autographed. So there you have it. . . I still can't believe he is gone.

I have almost 30 years complete tops magazines. Lots of Dante programs and sorts.

Hmm, I must think of what else I have. . .
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
Hey Jeff, I have Purchased books from Tom Ransom many times but have lost touch with him. Could you send me a message with some info as to how I can contact him again?
Rod
filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
I was lucky enough to be picked out of the audience to "assist" in a Penn and Teller show. The deck of cards they had me use was backed with a naked woman. When the trick was over, they let me keep one of the cards and I had them both sign it after the show. It may not be old, but it's a great keepsake! Smile
Presley Guitar
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Presley Guitar
I'm Pressley Guitar and hope you are enjoying the leather dice cups. Most of my leather dice cups were maDde in the early 70's. I also made the whip cup and chop chop cups around the same time period. I'll be checking in from time to time and would like to communicate on this forum. PG
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Presley, I have some of your coins from way back and they are still the best in the business. Are you still making gimmicked coins and if so what is currently available?
It's always good to see or hear from old friends again, you'll find the Café is great for that.
Marty
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Been collecting books since the early to mid-sixties. Interest is in cards. Have over 400 books, just card related.
Was lucky enough to know Ed Marlo and have an abundance of 1st copies of his stuff. Including Marlo Magazine, Vol 2 or 3, copy #1. Have some 1st editions of the Hugard & Braue classics.

Jim Molinari
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
DRPEPPER
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of DRPEPPER
I collect items that are strange and weird for the oddities museum which I own. The more bizarre and weird, the better. I have a real two-headed calf, a 3 foot lobster, a token chicken ranch from Texas, and a lot more. I love it.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I found the purse the Okito wore under his costumes when performing. Great condition.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
I have a 1st edition of Si Stebbins' Card Tricks - 1898.
It's the only one I've ever seen. I've seen some reprints.

Dave
rseward
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of rseward
I have several prized possession in my collection. The first is a card (the joker) signed by Dai Vernon. The second is several Tarbell magic books signed by Harlan Tarbell to his good friend Al Baker. However, my most prized item is a program to the first IBM convention signed by many of the magicians that attended, such as Harry Blackstone, Sr. and his wife.

-Ron
slebonio
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of slebonio
I have Daryls autograph, that's about it.

Slebonio Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is in your collection? (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL