The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is in your collection? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
jdknight
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of jdknight
I do not have much. I have a 1980s Hocus Pocus Conjuring outfit mostly complete and box is in good condition. Interestingly, it has an effect (like Porpers jumping peg paddle) except it is a wooden paddle. I also have an autographed Deans Box and an autographed picture and card by Jeff McBride and another card autographed by McBride and his wife Abbi Spinner, I have an autographed card from John Gustaferno (don't know if I spelled his name right), and lastly, an autographed poster of John Shyrock. None of these autographs are old, but who knows, I will save them for my grandson.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have a pretty eclectic collection of magic, but I think one of the oddest pieces is a J Bland production cannonball with the swinging lid as described and illustrated in Hoffmann.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Great Blackwell
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
58 Posts

Profile of The Great Blackwell
My finest item is a RARE photo of Houdini LOCKED OUT OF HIS CAR!
-Dave in Minneapolis

"Never trust anyone in a wedding dress, especially a woman!"
-Sam Malone
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
A signed poster with me there by mark wilson!
:bigdance:
CyberMage
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of CyberMage
Great thread!

For my birthday this year, a very dear friend of mine gave me 70 different "Abracadabra" magazines, spanning from 1946 to 1974.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I didn't mean to "collect" these but have them for the info after I paid a hefty fee:

An Evening With Charlie Miller
Ency. of Sponge Ball Magic - Garcia

I'm not one to collect things but there's a lot of history in these two that makes them special.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I noticed not long ago that I have quite a collection of beginner, pulp-style magic books. There are about a hundred of them with representative samples from every decade of the 20th century. When laid out in a timeline, the changing cover art is fascinating. In some cases, I may have the same book in different incarnations (different covers, expanded versions, etc.).

I started to see the merit in these when I realized, these are the kinds of books that started most magicians on the paths of their study of magic... kind of a collection of first steps.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
CARNEGIE
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of CARNEGIE
Let's see, I have Harry Blackstone Jr's Book of Life Illusion. Also, I have all the female assistant costumes from his levitation routine.

I have about 25 or so magician or magic related figurines. These are hard to find, but I've got some cool ones.

I've got a huge collection of Le Grand David Posters and programs. Also programs from Goldin, Blackstone Sr. Henning, and others. Also autographed photos from various artists like the great escape artist Steve Baker.

I have a bunch of vintage posters.

I don't know if this would actually be considered a collection, but I have a 'collection' of paintings of famous magicians. The only thing is, I painted them myself, lol. IF you'd like to check them out the site address is http://members.aol.com/deanalan08/magic/index.html

So that is my collection, in a nutshell.
John Linoren
View Profile
New user
Sweden
28 Posts

Profile of John Linoren
I got lots of old Harries props, http://www.harriesmagic.com, bwyond them a sucker effect with a jumbocard, old, made by wood, think its made around 1930-40, real nice. I also got som old close up tricks from them. Real nice prop, its easy to get sentimental...
Mundus Vult Decipi - Ergo Decipiatur

www.freewebs.com/linoren
Amazing Dick
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Amazing Dick
I just got a signed copy of "The book of secrets" with a signed "John Carney " calling card.
Peace Out !
Amazing Dick
rexgetz
View Profile
New user
Manhattan, Ks.
84 Posts

Profile of rexgetz
My favorite treasure is a Walsh appearing and vanishing cane that was a gift from Neil Foster. Very unique--perfaps some of you have seen him use it in his act.
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of dking66
Just started collecting Die Boxes and Alan Warner mini-magic. I am desperately looking for an Alan Warner "Millennium Collection" in wooden box. Any help on that one? And, does anyone know of the history of the Die Box? Thanks!
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I still have the Short Changed gimmick by Gene Gordon that I bought in the 60's at his magic shop, The House of Hocus Pocus in Buffalo NY. It is described in Bobo on page 262. I also have the Houdini Memorial Issue of Genii Magazine dated October, 1964. The whole issue is on escapes featuring Steranko. Finally, I have the December 1964 Silver Anniversary Issue of TOPS.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I collect cups and balls. I also collect paddles. I have lots of books, but I can't begin to tell you which of them are rarities.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Rare Bizarre Magick books, Esoteric Ephemera (skulls, occult items), Unusual playing and tarot cards, a few vintage magic lithographs (Carter, Alexander and a rare spanish performer) and I just picked up a great original photo of Carter in front of the Great Pyramid with his car, notated on the back in his handwriting.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just bought a Roterberg Card Star. (!)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
TOTALLY MAGIC
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas,NV
436 Posts

Profile of TOTALLY MAGIC
I don't have much but I have copperfilds, lance burtn,mark wilsons artgraphs
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I have 101 Thumbtip Tricks signed by Mr. Darwin to a Michael...I bought it at Daytona Magic for 5 bucks (regular price), not sure if they know that they sent that one.

I also have Mr. Harlan's More Than Meets the Eye signed by him. For being one of the winners during the 'Plumes Contest' when he was a guest here.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I have a collectors "Konfetti Box".

That´s it.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
okito25
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria BC Canada
145 Posts

Profile of okito25
Hmm lots of neato stuff .. I have 25 plus oktio and okito style coinboxes , hence the nic .... Lots of posters and autographs , old bits and pieces I pick up at the local club auctions ... PL ching soo firecraker , thayers find the lady , thayers welsh rabbit pan , Milson Worths Copentro, and like someone else I collect dice cups .. wood, leather, bakelite, bone , a few interesting Cups and balls sets OLD english pewter with vegtable dyed cork balls .. and Indian cups and balls , and a close up chest/cabinet unknown origin..solid oak but the handles are unique two hands in silver holding a wand,it came through my uncles Auction house .. I have talked with many of our OMEs from our ring , no one recalls it one thought is perhaps it was a jewelry case , just too unique Not to have
Keet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » What is in your collection? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL