The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Sash cord for magicians rope? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MichaelJamesMagic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of MichaelJamesMagic
I'm currently searching for the best prices (in Canada) for spools of rope for C&R rope routine.
I'm wondering if anybody uses sash cord?
I honestly don't know what it is or how different it may be from braided cotton rope.

Thanks!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8340 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Most sash cord (sash cord is almost an "antique") is generally too stiff for rope tricks.

Have you tried soft laid nylon. In the states, we can find this,even more flexible than "magic rope".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21944 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2019, MichaelJamesMagic wrote:
I'm currently searching for the best prices (in Canada) for spools of rope for C&R rope routine.
I'm wondering if anybody uses sash cord?
I honestly don't know what it is or how different it may be from braided cotton rope.

Thanks!

I know nothing about Canada, but they have to have stores like Wal-Mart, by now in Canada. Just go to any big store in your country. Look for Cotton rope, they usually sell it in 25 or 50 foot lengths for $3.00. This will work for all rope magic effects. Also look at your home improvement stores where they sell lumber and electrical materials. They usually have the rope as well. They sell them in hanks, not spools.

I also know you have magic stores in Canada, just go there and as most usually sell magician's cotton rope.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
FrankFindley
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Sash cord is great for C&R routines. You remove the center from it to make it more supple. Aleene's fabric fusion can be used to make near perfect fakes. It especially works well with the original commercial version of Knot UnExpected.

I would be happy to post details in the Secret Sessions portion of the Café if anyone is interested.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Sash cord for magicians rope? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL