The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suicide » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
"3906 prison suicides occurred during 2011–14 in the 24 high-income countries..."

Okay, so not all the time.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2019, landmark wrote:
I don't believe it for a minute.

From CNN a few minutes ago:
Quote:
People familiar with the autopsy report told the newspaper the bones broken in Epstein's neck included the hyoid bone, which is near the Adam's apple.
This sort of break can happen when a person hangs themselves or dies by strangulation, forensics experts told the Post.
Epstein, 66, was found dead in the special housing unit of the federal Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York on Saturday. He was in a cell by himself.
The multimillionaire hedge fund manager had been jailed since early last month, awaiting trial on federal charges accusing him of operating a sex trafficking ring from 2002 to 2005 at his Manhattan mansion and his Palm Beach estate in which he paid girls as young as 14 for sex. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Two prison staff members who'd been guarding the unit where Epstein died by apparent suicide failed to check on him that night for about three hours, The New York Times reported Tuesday, citing several law enforcement and prison officials with knowledge of the investigation.
Officials have cautioned to CNN that they don't know what the staff members were doing during that time and are still trying to pin that down.

Misreading between the lines one could imagine both of them were involved in the process. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:

Yes, that was the article where I got the 10-20 per 100,000 inmates in federal lock-up figure. See the graph.

Quote:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/12/17/the_direct_route_from_child_sex_charges_to_suicide.html

I may have missed it but that article says nothing about suicides while incarcerated. It seems to imply that those accused of child sex crimes have a higher rate of suicide, but the case it highlights was of a man who committed suicide while not in prison. I don't know that that is relevant to this discussion. Maybe motive. But I think we're talking about means here.

Quote:
Https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6066090/

"North American countries had rates ranging from 23 to 67 suicides per 100 000 prisoners." says that study, which basically correlates with the figure for *all* (not just federal) US lock-ups cited in the first source.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, Mr Salk wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, landmark wrote:
I was listening to a Penn podcast the other day, and he talked about having gone on a "news diet" for a few weeks. If the results are as spectacular as Penn's food diet was for him, he may have something there.

I hear he's already 10% more ignorant.

Touché!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, that was the article where I got the 10-20 per 100,000 inmates in federal lock-up figure. See the graph.

Quote:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2010/12/17/the_direct_route_from_child_sex_charges_to_suicide.html

I may have missed it but that article says nothing about suicides while incarcerated. It seems to imply that those accused of child sex crimes have a higher rate of suicide, but the case it highlights was of a man who committed suicide while not in prison. I don't know that that is relevant to this discussion. Maybe motive. But I think we're talking about means here.

Quote:
Https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6066090/

"North American countries had rates ranging from 23 to 67 suicides per 100 000 prisoners." says that study, which basically correlates with the figure for *all* (not just federal) US lock-ups cited in the first source.

No, you didn't miss it. Point is, it happens a lot more often than people realize.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, magicfish wrote:
No, you didn't miss it. Point is, it happens a lot more often than people realize.

Because prison sucks.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is also not in general those who are mentally well adjusted who go to prison in the first place.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, magicfish wrote:

Because prison sucks.

Exactly. Especially for someone like Epstein was alleged to have been.
Animated Puppets
View Profile
Loyal user
Lost on a Green Screen
285 Posts

Profile of Animated Puppets
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
...Guys my suggestion is to stop watching the news of any sort. You will be happier.

I haven't watched the news in years and had to do a wiki-search to find out what you are all talking about.

... and yes I am happy.
I still recall the day I met Beaker from the Muppets. He said to me "Meep, meep, mee mee mee Meep!", and that has made all the difference.
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2019, Animated Puppets wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
...Guys my suggestion is to stop watching the news of any sort. You will be happier.

I haven't watched the news in years and had to do a wiki-search to find out what you are all talking about.

... and yes I am happy.

As you should be. Comrade.

gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hmph.
As hard as it is to swallow,
Mr. Epstein died an innocent man.

He hasn't even been found guilty of 'suicide', yet.
(A crime in the State of N.Y.)

If 'Justice' is what everyone is seeking,
for 'the victims';
the innocent children.....
maybe their parents should be brought into the picture(?).

Where were they,
while their children were out being 'abused'?

Not to mention, what became of the large sums of money,
allegedy paid.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ö . . ö ö

As far as any 'Investigation':
isn't it just going to end with,
the way the discussion started:
"I don't believe it!" ?

.....unless of course,
we hear what we want to hear.

p.s: The 'news' gets better at 'reporting' Storys,
...but the Storys don't change much,
do they.....
Kind of like the weather.
Man,,..and how they struggle with that!

Sorry, no 'links' to confirm my thoughts,...
they are just that,..
my thoughts.

Still capable,
Gallagher
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:
I was listening to a Penn podcast the other day, and he talked about having gone on a "news diet" for a few weeks. If the results are as spectacular as Penn's food diet was for him, he may have something there.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers". I am pretty certain that was Thomas Jefferson.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers". I am pretty certain that was Thomas Jefferson.

Or, perhaps, George Jefferson.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well Thomas was indeed "moving on up."
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mr Salk
View Profile
Special user
Tied to
568 Posts

Profile of Mr Salk
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2019, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well Thomas was indeed "moving on up."

Having an undereducated misinformed public is practically essential for political success.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Or a brainwashed one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
... or both!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Ignorance is measured in trendy worry stories and sports scores?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Just heard on the current news that the coroner concluded that Epstein's demise was a suicide. But many skeptics won't be satisfied, will they?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Suicide » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..18~19~20 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL