The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impossible Heavy Transparent Box by Mission Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1183 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Yes, there are numerous versions of the "Light-Heavy" routine.
Ranging from solid wood, and cardboard ... but a transparent box?

I noticed within the "Boxes, tubes & bags" forum, there is an interesting thread on the subject of "Light and Heavy Glass", perhaps this item uses the same principle?

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=20

However, not knowing the secret, I am intrigued by this.
No magnets ... no suckers ... no wires.
Could this be magic?

see it here:
https://www.missionmagic.co.uk/new-the-i......strength
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1183 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
It is possible to see "what is going on" by watching the video.
Rather than being "too heavy", it is "stuck".

However, properly performed this looks very workable.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6250 Posts

Profile of RNK
IMO, all light/heavy box effects look "stuck". Especially because you have to hold onto the table while the spectator is trying to lift it so you can try and hide the fact that the box is not just stuck to the table. Yes, if you have access to a real heavy table to place to the box on, then ok, great effect! But that's not the norm.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
The description says you can place it on the table, then walk away as the spectator tries to lift it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6250 Posts

Profile of RNK
Yes, this is true with all l/h boxes. The problem is if the table is not anchored to the floor and the table happens to be not a heavy table the spectator will lift both the attached box with the table.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2019, RNK wrote:
Yes, this is true with all l/h boxes. The problem is if the table is not anchored to the floor and the table happens to be not a heavy table the spectator will lift both the attached box with the table.

Yes, you are right, of course... I just know I would never do it with my Gimpy's l/h box, no matter what kind of table it's on. Audience management is critical to this trick.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6250 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hmm. I have a Gimpys's light and heavy box and would let the spectator pick it up by himself without me being around. I thought that was the premise behind all light and heavy boxes, The Spectator is to pick up the box by himself?

What version do you have?
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
I released a light heavy performance mat a year or so ago. With the mat comes 30 min clip that goes into many things about how to best perform this effect. The improved lighter light heavy box has a demonstration in the video using a light table. I show the inability of a large man to pick a 20 lb table with the box set to heavy. If you have a light heavy box don't assume As I did for years that a light table can be lifted easily.It dose take some special techniques. Lots of ways to demonstrate that the box is not stuck to the table.Using a light table is one way. There is so much more to this than whats inside the box. I think that's about as much as I can say here in open.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6250 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, gimpy2 wrote:
I released a light heavy performance mat a year or so ago. With the mat comes 30 min clip that goes into many things about how to best perform this effect. The improved lighter light heavy box has a demonstration in the video using a light table. I show the inability of a large man to pick a 20 lb table with the box set to heavy. If you have a light heavy box don't assume As I did for years that a light table can be lifted easily.It dose take some special techniques. Lots of ways to demonstrate that the box is not stuck to the table.Using a light table is one way. There is so much more to this than whats inside the box. I think that's about as much as I can say here in open.

Interesting Gimpy, how can we view this video? Do you have to buy the mat? Just wondering if you could put the video out for those who do not want the mat? I'm trying to think how this could be possible without actually securing the light table to the floor before the performance. I can possibly see using verbal instruction on "how" the box should be lifted off the table that might help the spectator to not lift the table while lifting the box. But that's in itself would not be 100% surefire.

Would love to get a look at the video!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2616 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
This looks like a pre-made version of "Unliftable" by Thinking Paradox.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 12, 2019, gimpy2 wrote:

Interesting Gimpy, how can we view this video? Do you have to buy the mat? Just wondering if you could put the video out for those who do not want the mat? I'm trying to think how this could be possible without actually securing the light table to the floor before the performance. I can possibly see using verbal instruction on "how" the box should be lifted off the table that might help the spectator to not lift the table while lifting the box. But that's in itself would not be 100% surefire.

Would love to get a look at the video!

I can not post the video clip as it is part of the product. Even if you never use the mat you can use the advanced tutorial to turn your light heavy box into a real fooler. There is so much here to learn. I don't know why anyone would not want to use the mat. Its the best way to prove that the box is not just stuck to the table.

Keep in mind that the effect should not be that the box is sometimes heavy but that the box is never heavy but for some reason the lifter is unable to lift the box. The more ways you have to show the box is light the better the effect will be,
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2994 Posts

Profile of 252life
Nice looking products on your site Gimpy Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impossible Heavy Transparent Box by Mission Magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL