The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Now free for a limited time: Roberto Giobbi’s Introduction to Card Magic (150 page e-book) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1253 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Here's a great opportunity. Roberto Giobbi has just updated his excellent 150+ page book, "Introduction to Card Magic", which was first published in 2012, and sold for €9.95. For a limited time, he's making the newly revised version available as a free download from his website! Get it here:

https://www.robertogiobbi.com/site/produ......rd-magic

For those not familiar with Roberto Giobbi, he's one of the most highly respected teachers in card magic, and author of the famous Card College series. The e-book is completely free (for now), but if you like the book and want to give Mr Giobbi a thank you, you can do so via PayPal using the "Donate" link on page 154 of the book.

This e-book is a must-have for anyone learning card magic. It originated as a course in the basic fundamentals of card magic, and teaches essential card handling skills like shuffling, cuts, and some basic sleights and flourishes, as well as half a dozen card tricks. It also has lots of accompanying photos, plus embedded links that take you to youtube videos featuring Giobbi demonstrating the techniques taught in the written text.

I've been doing card magic for a couple of decades, but I still learned a lot by working systematically through this book. Bill Evans, a former president of The International Brotherhood of Magicians described this book as "It is the best beginning instructional course in card magic that I have ever seen!" I highly recommend it, and get it while you can!

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1007 Posts

Profile of mlippo
I already own this pdf and it is a unique little gem!
I downloaded this version attracted by the revisions you mention in your post.

Highly recommended to anyone
Mark
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1449 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I went to the site and ordered the download.
When I got to the checkout, I had an order received but there was no download "button".
Is the download "delivered" to your e-mail address?

Or am I just blind & stupid?
"But there isn't a door"
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1007 Posts

Profile of mlippo
I found the download link in the mail, a few seconds after confirming the order.

Mark
TomB
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of TomB
Thanks
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1449 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Thank you Mark.
"But there isn't a door"
PaulPosition
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of PaulPosition
Sounds like just what I need to move out of that "only automatic or memdeck work" comfort-zone I'm in now, and just as I'm starting to get some time for myself.

Basics. And not too much of them that I'll get lost trying everything under the sun (like "why did I learn the EC if I don't do packet tricks. Isn't even funnier than learning to fan. I should have learned to fan."

Thanks for the opportunity, Enders.
Ado
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
999 Posts

Profile of Ado
Is it different from the free book that any IBM member gets?

P!
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1253 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2019, Ado wrote:
Is it different from the free book that any IBM member gets?

Yes. That's the original version from 2012, whereas this is a revised and updated version from 2019.

I've just posted a detailed review of this great e-book elsewhere in the forums here:

Review: Roberto Giobbi's Introduction to Card Magic

Definitely pick up this great resource while you have the chance to get it at no cost, and don't forget to send Mr Giobbi a thank you while you're doing so! Smile

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1374 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Many thanks for letting us know about this, EndersGame.
Old_Codger_2
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Old_Codger_2
Thanks for the heads up!! Just the job Smile
JoshDude849
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of JoshDude849
I had to get this one!

I only have Card College Light, but I'm impressed by that book.

I'm definitely a fan of Giobbi. Wish I had the money for Card College.
Jesse Hylton
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Jesse Hylton
Dang I missed it, but it seems great, definitely will consider getting it when I get the chance. Thanks for posting, hopefully I'll be quicker the next time.
~Poof~
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1253 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2019, PaulPosition wrote:
Thanks for the opportunity, Enders.

The person to thank isn't me, but Roberto Giobbi.

If you picked up his e-book, consider sending him a quick email (giobbi@bluewin.ch) or a message via his website to thank him personally. Or make a small donation via the PayPal link on page 154 in the e-book.

I'm sure he'd welcome hearing from people how much this has been appreciated - it is a terrific book with outstanding content!

Jesse Hylton
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Jesse Hylton
Ah that makes sense!

I'll make sure to do that.
~Poof~
Mike.Bonner
View Profile
New user
Gloucester, England
10 Posts

Profile of Mike.Bonner
Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Now free for a limited time: Roberto Giobbi’s Introduction to Card Magic (150 page e-book) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL